[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight loss diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: 1459508759163.jpg (39 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1459508759163.jpg
39 KB, 736x736
Trying to lose about 20 pounds. My workouts are hard and I do cardio. But I eat kind of shitty and like beer. Trying to find a good diet where I can keep the beer.

Thinking atkins or maybe going vegan for a bit.

Thoughts?
>>
HOW ABOUT LEARN SOME SELF CONTROL

YOU PROBABLY WONT MAKE IT
>>
>going vegan for a while
why? what gave you this idea? what happened to the voice in your head that's supposed to shoot these ideas down immediately?
>>
>>36617817

>Trying to lose about 20 pounds

>eat kind of shitty and like beer

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>looking for meme diets

Just learn to count calories you troglodyte.
>>
Just drink beer till you puke. Calories in-calories out
>>
>>36617841

what do you suggest?

>>36617849

I don't know how

>>36617831

vegan diets ensure you'll lose weight for sure, you just have to endure shitty vegan food

>>36617825

I can do this, but I'd rather see if there's a better way first
>>
>>36617817
atkins died like 15 years ago, so his diet is like 15 years out of date. There is much more information about eating low carb out there nowadays.
>>
>>36617817
>low carb diet
>drink beer

alcohol is a carb. You cannot do low carb while drinking alcohol.
>>
>>36617963
>Look up TDEE calculator.
>Get TDEE number
>Get a scale.
>Get my fitness pal if too retarded to google.
>Eat 500 cals less than TDEE
Wew so hard lad. Also if going out with friends just over-estimate your food and eat less during the day.
>>
>>36618038

Thanks bro
>>
>>36618006

principles remain the same. can't really go wrong with steak and spinach imo
>>
>>36617817
you really gotta give up the beer. To get a good buzz you gotta consume at least 1000 calories in beer. thats probably 1/3 of your TDEE and if you like beer as much as it sounds you probably like to drink 1500-2000kcal worth. maybe you can work this on a cheat day but my advice is just quit til you lose the 20Lbs. It shouldn't take too long unless you're like 12% bodyfat now. When you hit your goal you can work your beer into your maintenance diet
>>
Give up the beer. We all like it but until you get to your goal its gotta go. Now if you still want to get drunk or a buzz, I'd recommend mixing vodka with water, and a couple squirts of mio or an equivalent zero calorie water flavoring. Probably the best bang for your buck and much lower in calories than drinking beer or any dark liquor for that matter. Plus you won't be getting all the sugars from the juice that you normally would mix with vodka.

Cardio everyday before you lift. Even if it's just 10 minutes on the bike. And don't drink anything but water(besides the vodka on the weekend or your cheat day)
>>
>>36618295
>Give up the beer. We all like it but until you ge

And for fucks sake do some meal prep. It's so easy to cook 5 days worth of meals on a Sunday. That's what will help you the most. Caloric deficit is key
>>
>>36618152
>>36618295

Deep down I knew this was the answer. Thanks for the push bros. I know what has to be done.
>>
>>36617817
Have you thought of, oh, I don't know, not eating shitty and drinking beer?
Then when you've lost the 20lb, you can keep not eating shitty, but drink some beer again.

And a vegan diet does not "ensure you'll lose weight for sure". There are fat vegans, and a lot of things that are vegan friendly that you should not be eating if you want to be losing weight.
There is no magical fucking diet that is going to help you lose weight.
Stop listening to bullshit marketed at middle aged fat women, or you are going to remain a pudgy little fuckwit for the rest of your life.
>>
>>36618314

Where to begin? How do you even do this? You mean grill a bunch of chicken and vegetables and pack it for the week?
>>
>>36618324

Not pudgy bro. I'm pretty fit. The 20 pounds is literally just to get to perfect vanity mode. Im also a multi-sport athlete. This is mainly about my narcissism. Even at 20 pounds above my perfect weight I'm still doing 7 minute miles.
>>
File: OVhukLz.jpg (17 KB, 367x388) Image search: [Google]
OVhukLz.jpg
17 KB, 367x388
>>36617817
>Trying to find a good diet where I can keep the beer
>Thoughts?

Really??
>>
File: 10-lbs-of-fat.jpg (15 KB, 403x279) Image search: [Google]
10-lbs-of-fat.jpg
15 KB, 403x279
>>36618360
Your reaction is the same as a middle aged fat chick too, e-stating about how healthy you really are.

Do you know how much 20lb of fat actually is in physical proportions?
Unless you are a pretty big guy, it's going to be about 10% of your entire bodyweight.

Despite being "pretty fit" your knowledge of fitness seems worse than someone who has only just started and just finished reading the fucking sticky.
>>
>>36618510

What does that even mean? I know that if I lose 20 pounds, I'll be at my ideal weight. I don't need to look at a picture of blubber to know that.

>>36618365
>implying it can't be done
>implying
>>
>>36618543
>What does that even mean?

It means that you have twice that lump of blubber on you body.
It means that if you are 6ft tall, your ideal weight is going to be about 170lb. You are 20lb over that weight, so about 190lb. Even if you were at a nice lean 10% bodyfat at your ideal weight, that extra 20lb means you are currently pushing 20% bodyfat, or at the very least high teens.
So unless you are a lot taller than 6ft, that means you are a pudgy motherfucker in denial about how much of a pudgy beer swilling motherfucker he really is.
>>
>>36618722

Lmao, nigga I couldn't get to 170 if I stopped eating altogether. I thought you were a fitness expert. You supposed to account for muscle weight.

Lol @ 10% bodyfat. For what purpose??
>>
>>36618872
So you mean your goal weight, then.
"Ideal weight" is a quantifiable number used in medicine.

But lets hear the current stats then, height, weight, bodyfat percentage.
>>
>>36617817
>atkins or maybe vegan
Litereally the opposite
You weren't the brightest in your familia, were you?

Just pick a varied, balanced diet and count your calories.
>keep the beer
That's not the right attitude.

>>36617963
>vegan diets ensure you'll lose weight for sure, you just have to endure shitty vegan food
Ok, you're goddamn stupid. Hopefully you're just underage.
>>
>>36618510
>tfw 6'3 and most people probably wouldn't notice if i lost 20lbs of fat

being a lanklet owns. was a dyel at 75kg, am still a dyel at 95kg despite lower body fat percentage
>>
>>36617817

Do IIFYM
>>
You can't keep the beer, protip, if your a heavy drinker distilled spirits have a fraction of the calories and much higher alchohol content. If you actually want to make it tho you can't drink habitually
>>
>>36618959

6'1 220. Not sure about bodyfat. Need some calipers innit?

>>36618963

Vegan works bro. I've seen it
>>
>>36619130
>Vegan works bro. I've seen it
vegan food include: bread, chips, candy, etc

you still have to eat less than you use if you're doing a vegan diet. i'd argue it's even more difficult to lose weight on a vegan diet since you can't eat chicken or whatever
>>
>>36619209

Obviously not gonna eat chips/candy. I meant a true vegan diet consisting of pretty much vegetables and vegetable/nut derivatives
>>
>>36619130
>Vegan works bro. I've seen it
>Vegan will make you skinny
>I'll disregard the part where you need to count calories
Jesus, you're really brain damaged. Meat is the best appetite-suppressant (that's why atkins is more successful in proud morbidly obese americans) whereas with a "random" vegan diet you're more inclined to eat bread and the like, unless you're used to eat a fuckton of lettuce already (you're not)
Please consider removing yourself from the gene pool ktxbye
>>
File: FB_IMG_1436759396437.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1436759396437.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>36618334
Yes. I make lunches for the week.
>>
>>36619302
>nut derivatives
Idiot.
>>
>>36619338
Unnecessarily mean
>>
>>36619362

If you wanted someone to blow smoke up your ass like your jewbook friends, you probably shouldn't have come to 4chan.
>>
>>36617963
>better way than not learning self-control
you're a fucking failure from the start, just eat clean and in moderation, but from what I know do far you're too fucking dumb to follow simplest advise
>>
>>36619327

Very nice. This is a good plan.

Some of the rest of you guys are getting angry for no reason. But thanks for the replies anyway.
>>
>>36618023
You could switch to vodka and drink minimal amounts but it's pretty difficult to lose weight while drinking beer.
If you do switch to vodka only drink it after you have already consumed your food calories for the day because once you start drinking alcohol any calories that weren't already digested will be stored as fat.
>>
>>36619757

So you're saying anything you eat after drinking is stored as fat? How does this happen?
>>
>>36619130
you gotta watch out too theres estrogen in soy. Switching to a vegan diet will give you prostate cancer and give bitch tits
>>
>>36617817
just eat things with low calories.. i dont need to lose weight but if i have to.. boy, would i be creative..

>>36618334

this, well done! you could eat 5 of this a day and still lose weight
>>
>>36618334

meant this
>>
>>36619757
>only drink it after you have already consumed your food calories for the day because once you start drinking alcohol any calories that weren't already digested will be stored as fat.
that is some super high level broscience stuff
>>
>>36619453

man wtf, this

sry
>>
>>36619327
Do you mix your veggies yourself or buy an already mixed pack? That mix looks really good.
>>
File: das bate.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
das bate.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>36617817
>or maybe even going vegan
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.