[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't I just do full body twice a week?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 620x629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 620x629
Instead of having chest, back, and leg days, what's stopping me from doing all of it in one sitting, twice a week?
Is "you'll be too tired to do it all man" the only argument? Or is there something like less muscle gaining efficiency going on here?
>>
>>36617617
Yeah, fatigue is the main thing. And don't brush that off too lightly. Nothing inherently wrong with a 2 day full body routine though.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 900x600
>>36617640
Thanks bruv
>>
Best for natties. Just dont go to failure and make sure you eat enough.
>>
>>36617617

You spend 1 hour doing chest only exercises.

You spend an hour doing exercises for all muscles, so chest makes up maybe 20% of that workout.

What do you think will give you more gains?

> But hey, i could simply workout 5 hours. That was i have enough time to hit every muscle intensively

If working out for 5 hours doesnt bother you in anyway, then yes do full body.

>>36617867
Whats the problem with failure? I always go to failure and im making decent gains.
>>
>>36617617
You're gonna be spending about 3-4 hours in the gym if not more per session if you are doing this and you're not a novice.
>>
>>36618011
I have nothing planned for today, so, guess I'll try to sneak it in eh?
>>
>>36617952
Why tax your body nervous system when you can stop 2-3 reps before failure and do the same if not more reps overall because you conserved your strength. Not to mention not blowing your load on one exercise.
>>
>>36618055
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-muscle-prof-training-to-failure-helping-or-hurting-me.html

Related
>>
>>36617617
i just do fullbody workouts
squats, pullups, dips, deadlifts
2 times a week and progress the same i did when i did 5day split
>>
>>36617617
i do full body 3 times a week
>>
>>36618011
Intermediate and advanced routines seem to have less volume than the novice routines from what I've seen. What makes you think it would take any longer, granted I understand an advanced lifter might have longer rest periods.
>>
>>36617952
If it takes you a full hour to effectively hit you're chest then you're doing something very wrong
>>
>>36617617
>even doing a brosplit
Read the fucking sticky
You should be doing a full body program 3x a week, newfag.
See that dinosaur running around at the top of the front page? Click it and READ.
>>
>>36617952
>it takes you 5 hours to do a full body routine!
No it doesn't. It should take 45 to 90 minutes. Read the fucking sticky, jesus christ newfags.
>>
>>36619666
That's bullshit unless you are a novice moving baby weight. When shit gets heavy, you'll be resting up to 5 min or longer between sets.
>>
>>36617617
Because of how compound lifts work
>implying isolation is better
>>
>>36619691
Do you not know how to fucking count?
3x5 across 3 exercises is 45 minutes of rest in between sets, assuming you rest for 5 minutes at the end too. Go back to first grade.
>>
>>36619782
dyel?
>>
>>36619782
holy shit kill yourself you autistic dyel
>>
>>36619782
>doing literally 90 reps a week for your total workout
>>
>>36619604
Intermediate/advanced will absolutely have more volume. That's one of the foundational differences between a beginner and an intermediate program.
>>
>>36617617

Anyone who isolates small body parts ("chest" as opposed to "upper body") on a per day basis is a retard.

However, for a more advanced trainee (read: one who has completed his LP and has dat dem dere strength base), a full body (or squat/press/pull) routine requires an extended amount of uninterrupted gym time. This is goddamn exhausting and can be hard to fit into schedules. So some will break it up into more days but less time in the gym per day, focusing on one lift and its accessories per day (sort of like 5/3/1 does).

I would not recommend a 2 day per week routine, just because that leaves you with a lot of down time, you might start to slightly detrain from the peak attained after the first workout before the second workout. Texas Method standard is to have a "light day" in between two days where you actually lift, to accumulate a wee bit of stress, allowing you to peak on Intensity day. Maybe try something like that.
>>
>>36619653
>he thinks everyone should do strength training

get out fat powerlifter
>>
>>36619604

For me anyway, volume day on Texas Method began to take FOREVER. Squatting 450 lbs for 5x5 just by itself took a goddamn hour, and I still had OHP/Bench to do.
>>
>>36620003
Did it cross your mind for a second that perhaps your cardiovascular system and muscles werent prepared for that much weight yet?

What is this obsession with big numbers anyways? Strength is only one aspect of fitness, m8. What about endurance or work capacity?
>>
>>36619991

>fat powerlifter

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I'm a powerlifter and I bet I'm bigger and leaner than you.
>>
>Daily reminder that SS is for beginners
>Rippetoe suggests Texas Method for powerlifting or a hypertrophy program fo those who want to build muscle
>>
Pretty sure you get inefficient distribution of protein if you do full body

But hey, look at what the pros are doing and imitate them for best results
>>
>>36617617
>doing bro-split
Fucking normies
>>
>>36620299
Heres your (You)
>>
>>36617617
cortisol
>>
>>36620370
Why did you even bother posting this? Serious questio. What was the point?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.