[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had surgery in september for a "labrum tear" which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: bic vgroove.png (842 KB, 753x808) Image search: [Google]
bic vgroove.png
842 KB, 753x808
Had surgery in september for a "labrum tear" which wasnt a labrum tear and every since the surgery I have had pain constantly in this spot. The bicipital groove. The bottom side of it. I guess this is called long head of the biceps tendinitis, but probably tendinosis now. I have no fucking idea how to fix it. I dont even lift anymore. I just want to get better..I don't have insurance where I am staying because im at school 11 hours away from home. Only way to get an MRI is to drive back and i never planned on going back
>>
File: 222.png (727 KB, 687x900) Image search: [Google]
222.png
727 KB, 687x900
>>36616632
I believe this is fairly accurate too
>>
>>36616632
Bump
>>
I doubt that anybody here can help you with that. Injuries like that are bitches and even doctors often don't know how to fix them, not talking about chinese cartoons forum users. You can probably only wait and move it a little from time to time, but not too often.
>>
>>36616632
>Had surgery in september for a "labrum tear" which wasnt a labrum tear
So they commenced surgery for something that turned out not to exist? Seriously, how can this even happen. I've got a labrum tear too, it was confirmed in an MRI but the doctor judged it wasn't serious enough to warrant surgery and it has since healed pretty well, although it took like 6 months, but it's now almost normal. All I can suggest it lots of rest and maybe some ibuprofen for the pain.
>>
>>36617496
It turned out to be something called a faramen which mimics a labrum tear. Fuck my life
>>
>>36617543
Oh... Hang in there man. The connective tissues in the shoulder can take a long time to heal. There's still things I avoid doing although its been over half a year since my accident..
>>
My shoulder was fucked up from college sports and I recently had a bicep tenodesis (I think that's the right spelling) where they fix a labrum tear by screwing the bicep tendon into your humorous to take the stress off the labrum area. It's mostly for athlete and people who want to get back to an active life style. Might be a solution even though your labrum isn't actually torn?
>>
>>36617736
My job is to move carts at a Sam's club too. This shit hurts thinking about quitting for a desk job for 5-6 months. Thoughts?
>>
>>36617843
If I could even afford another surgery, ugh I'd like to avoid it
>>
>>36618147
Are you able to perform your job?
>>
>>36618308
Today's my first day, they moved me from cafe to carts and its hurting it so bad because u pushultiple carts and pushing hurts it idk why. Anatomy wise, why does it hurt?
>>
>>36618354
Although you're doing a pushing movement and you'll not actually doing any of the work with your bicep, you'll probably still flex your bicep in the process to keep your arm stable. So that might be why it hurts. Maybe you could get transferred to do something that doesn't involve pushing carts?
>>
>>36618465
Its all attached to the shoulder in the end. The whole long head of the biceps tendon is
>>
>>36618764
Yup
>>
Yeah OP here. I could travel the 7 hours back to Illinois to go go the doctor for him to tell me I have tendinitis or some shit in the long head of the biceps tendon. But I dont know if its worth it. What can he say to do that Google won't? Anything I've seem on it is to just rest it. How do I know what that even means desu
>>
>>36619609
>living at 7 fucking hours from the doc
>>
>>36620219
Yeah I know. My moms insurance is Illinois.
>>
>>36619609
He's got more to offer than google. The main thing is his ability to order X-ray/CT/MRI.

Did you wanna be super internet self-diagnoser, do it right tho. Make account with Medscape. Literal sort of Wikipedia by/for physicians.
>>
had something similar, doc advised against surgery. said time will heal it.

it did.

3 fucking years of recovery for shoulder tissue recovery and whatever snapped there.

still can't shoulder press.

moral - you're fucked, don't work out, rest and be patient.
>>
>>36616632
Hey op I'm a physical therapist and I've personally had this problem myself and I know how frustrating it can be. Ok so here's what you do: take time off from
Lifting- no seriously take some time off maybe do cardio but don't work out aside from certain exercises. Look up a good sports physical therapist that has a speciality in shoulders. You need serious mobility work with deep and soft tissue work along with a proper therapeutic exercise protocol otherwise ur shoulder is just gonna get worse and lead to an inevitable rotator cuff tear or other injury. Good luck.
>>
>>36620653
Yeah I guess Ill go to the doc
>>
>>36621023
So if this tendinitis/osis doesn't get taken care of, inevitably my rc can tear?
>>
>>36621746
What if it can't be fixed? Or what if I think it's fixed and I do anything and it happens again? The doctor is probably gonna recommend surgery because that's what he doee
>>
>>36621746
bump
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.