[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I doing myself more harm than good if I work back and bi's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: porkins.jpg (40 KB, 650x320) Image search: [Google]
porkins.jpg
40 KB, 650x320
Am I doing myself more harm than good if I work back and bi's this morning, then go back to the gym and with chest and tri's this evening?
>>
It depends, if you have rested them enough from your last workout and give them enough rest for the next one, you'll be fine
>>
Not doing yourself harm. Not doing yourself any good.

It's like, spinning your wheels. Just lift with a proper routine and focus on getting stronger, that's what gives gains. Going to the gym for hours and hours multiple times a day isn't going to magically make you big just because you put all that time/effort into it.

Its like anything else in life, work smart - not hard.
>>
>>36616666
Holy fuck, quads and Elliot Rodgers.
pls spare me supreme gentleman
>>
>>36616691
>DYELs actually believe this

8-10 times a week masterrace brehs
>>
>>36616691
>volume isn't the key to size gains

Dyel?
>>
>>36616705
You go 8-10 times a week and still probably struggle to bench 2 plates, squat 3 plates or ohp 1 plate.

LOL.

>IF I GO AND DO TONS OF SETS ON THE MACHINES ILL GET JACKED CUZ IM WORKING HARD RIGHT?
>>
>>36616666
[fedora tipping intensifies]
>>
>>36616717
There is no "key" to gains besides progressive overload.

Only a small amount of volume is necessary to activate growth, but you wont get that growth unless you're getting stronger. Too much volume can impede on strength, strength being impeding = no gains. It doesn't matter how much volume you do, if you ain't getting stronger you ain't getting bigger. Temporarily feeling pumped in the gym doesn't count as getting bigger, kid. You can get a full body pump using resistance bands, but you ain't making gains with them.
>>
>>36616747
>volume inhibits strength

Holy fuck kill yourself
>>
>>36616760
Ok, keep on doing your lmao2plate squats and forever stalling on 1 plate ohp (if you can even do that now lmao) for the rest of your life
>>
>>36616747
Filling muscles with blood and getting a pump are different. When I've achieved pump state its because I reigned a perfect tri-fecta of technique, volume, and resistance. This is where my growth comes from.

A full body pump would be interesting from bands, I never really quite get that, mainly isolated burns and they work good for stretchinig out too.
>>
>>36616887
>A full body pump would be interesting from bands

Thats how people pump up back-stage for bodybuilding shows.
>>
>>36616691
>>36616705
>>36616722
this kills me because i want to lift all the time but i know i need to keep up with a smart program. Its hard for me to go from rest days back to working out, it would be so much easier to just keep it so working out is a natural part of my daily routine.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.