[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your wisdom /fit/ I've been cutting and lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 754375039.jpg (20 KB, 480x321) Image search: [Google]
754375039.jpg
20 KB, 480x321
I need your wisdom /fit/

I've been cutting and lifting for a couple of weeks

First week feeling great, alive again. But this week man, holy shit I can't even get up from bed. I feel apathic and very tired in the morning, like 0 energy.

I'm doing a PHAT routine and cutting with a ~1600-1800 cal diet, 6'2" and 193 pounds.

Maybe I'm fucking up with my macros? 40-50% protein, 40-30% carbs, 20% fats
>>
Fatigue.
>>
>>36615948
Not even overdoing it man, it's the second day of resting and I feel the most tired of all, I even had to go back to bed to continue sleeping after 8 hours.
>>
>>36615973
Are you eating garbage or clean?
>>
>>36616082
clean
>>
>>36616169
and by clean you mean what?
>>
>>36615947
sure you aren't relapsing from something like sugar? are you drinking enough? are you sleeping enough? have you got your blood checked for right vitamin levels etc?
>>
>>36615947
what the fuck is your TDEE? it sounds like your like 1k below it and doing PHUL might just be too fucking taxing. Either up your daily cals or switch to a program that has more reasonable intensity/volume on a cut.
>>
>>36616207
little to no sugar
maybe not drinking enough, like 2 l a day max
sleeping 8 hours minimum, last days I needed to go back to sleep for a couple more hours
not blood check in the last two years but I think my vitamins are ok, eat quite a lot of fruit
>>
>>36616232
>no sugar
>eat a lot of fruit
how is your insulin, senpai?
>>
What the fuck are you doing nigga eat at least 2.5k
>>
>>36616192
meat (turkey, chicken, fish, more chicken, sometimes leanest possible pork, eggs)
veggies (green/red pepper, onions, eggplants, spinach)
chickpeas, beans, sometimes lentis, potatos, little to no pasta/bread
fruit
etc

maybe I'm not getting enough complex carbs?
>>
>>36615947
How much volume is on phat can you post it here or something? When I was doing Texas method on a cut I honestly felt like that in addition to being an irritable little bitch on pms.
>>
>>36616224
fuck i meant PHAT, but you get the point

>>36616278
Here is what OP is doing:
http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
>>
File: program.png (189 KB, 764x1269) Image search: [Google]
program.png
189 KB, 764x1269
>>36616278
lol this, I have mod swings and shit too

what did you do to remedy this? eat more or change program?

>>36616224
>>36616245
It's probably what these anons are saying but I wanted to lose a fat quickly, maybe I need to be pacient so I don't starve myself to death

pic related is my program
>>
whatever these dumbfaggots say, losing fat is stressful both physically and mentally. eating clean with lots of fiber etc doesn't prevent this, as long as you are in a significant deficit, you will feel like shit.

however that program looks like too much volume with a deficit.
>>
>>36616343
>>36616292
Yeah that's quite a bit of volume, well with Texas method you're supposed to always add weight to the bar every week so instead I just kept same weight and reps until I got over my fatness once done I started feeling better when eating on maintenance.

I honestly dunno how to manage something like this other than just wade through it and maybe you can just get rid of an accessory or maybe take a deload week (go to gym but do 50% intensity on your lifts)

Good luck man I hate cutting but it's a necessary evil for us natties.
>>
>>36615947
You aren't eating enough calories bud. If you're exercising properly and your stats are right you should be needing ~3k+ cal to break even and ~2.5k a day to lose moderate weight without entering starvation mode.

If you continue eating like you are you might lose weight pretty fast but more then you like of it is going to be muscle and you're gonna feel like shit and have no energy.
>>
>>36616343
I see the problem. You're doing 7 reps on your strength days. You aren't going to make gains like that.
>>
>>36616389
>>36616434
>>36616461
thanks anons, I'll stick to the program but eating a little more. I guess I'll have to get used to be a prickly bitch for the next couple of months

thanks to the rest of you too /fit/
>>
>>36616483
program says 4-7, I always stick to the low number going for the max weight I can handle without injuring

is this ok?
>>
File: mememasters.jpg (36 KB, 800x676) Image search: [Google]
mememasters.jpg
36 KB, 800x676
>>36616506
The guy is meeming you
>>
File: overthechartstest.jpg (90 KB, 880x800) Image search: [Google]
overthechartstest.jpg
90 KB, 880x800
>>36616536
lmao I should have known

hitting the gym now people, thanks again for the advice this is for you (hope I'm not banned when I come back mods, I know you saved that too)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.