[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I started out 1,5 years ago I weighted 61 kilos (139lbs)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: has multi-ply gone too far.png (258 KB, 484x411) Image search: [Google]
has multi-ply gone too far.png
258 KB, 484x411
When I started out 1,5 years ago I weighted 61 kilos (139lbs) at 183cm (6ft). Now I weigh 80 kilos (180lbs) and I've also gotten much stronger, but not strong enough. My one rep maxes are 2pl8 for squat (high bar) and 2,5pl8 for deadlift (conventional). At one point I don't want to stop bulking because I still want to get stronger but I also want to stay at this current weight. Would I need to bulk some more and then cut after gaining that extra strength? I see people who have been lifting for longer than me and they weigh less but lift over twice than me.

Have I just not been lifting hard enough for the past 18 months? I've mostly been doing 3x5 progressive overload on all main lifts. Is it time I started on a proper intermediate routine?
>>
Get your test checked.
>>
>stay at this current weight
>180lbs, 6ft
This is stupid. Try wanting something else. Like getting strong.
>>
>>36615543
Maybe I'll get shit for this but if what you're doing isn't working it's time to try something else. What works for most isn't what works for everyone. But what is slow progress for you? If you can still add like 2.5kg a week on your squat I wouldn't change it.

Also, if you really want to stay at 80kg then you should bulk and cut in cycles, but why would you want to cap yourself at 80?
>>
>>36615543

The unpleasant fact about being 6'+ is that you need a lot of calories to be big and strong (and for that matter, while you can be strong at 6'0 180 you'll never be big - or anywhere near as strong as you could be at 200-220).

No need to eat yourself fat but you need to eat to support what you're trying to do.
>>
>>36615992
>>36616028

When I started out I wanted to weigh around 80 kilos. This was way back before I knew what big was. Now that I've reached this point I've stopped and done some reflecting. My main goal at this point is simply just to get stronger I guess. 2,5kilos a week still works but I'm also gaining weight doing this. At this rate it's gonna be impossible to squat twice my bodyweight or even OHP my own bodyweight.
>>
>>36616143
Well bulk and cut then but even at 100 you should realistically be able to reach double bw squat, even if it takes a while. Look at world class lifters at your height. I bet none of them weigh 80kg.
>>
>>36616143

I'm not saying you have to give a shit about what any random people on the internet think about your ideal bodyweight (after all, we don't have to live in your body) but if you're talking about extremely strong 6'0 people.... you don't find too many of them under 110kg or so and almost none under 100. Strength has a lot to do with muscle size and long muscles need more mass to get the same size.

This unfortunately has knock-on effects to goals based on bodyweight multiples (in its most extreme effect - the greatest deadlifers in the smallest weight classes pull over 5xBW while the greatest deadlifters in the fat fuck weight classes rarely make 3xBW). It's just flat-out harder for a tall guy to press bodyweight than a short guy.
>>
>>36616179
>>36616174

Yeah now that you mention it the really world class lifters at sub 90 are all manlets. Thanks for clearing my head a bit guys. Appreciate it.
>>
>>36615543
Apparently this stuff can flatten your bones if you lift something too heavy.
>>
>>36616174

World class (tested) lifters at that height tend to be around the 275/120 mark, give or take a weight class. But they're not the greatest comparison for a random guy - if you're 6'0 and not built damn solid you don't get to be a world class lifter.
>>
>>36616206
of course but there's a 40kg difference between 80 and 120.
>>
>>36616199

However, there is one thing to note with this: None of those examples got up to that bodyweight in a short period and most of them are not particularly lean. Getting that big takes a lot of time and a willingness to resemble a shaved grizzly. It has to be a slow process if you don't want to risk getting sloppy fat.

And at your strength levels, you're not at the point where getting heavier right away is an absolute necessity. Eat, and eat well, but don't feel like you need to break 100 by the end of the year or anything like that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.