[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are you families like, fitness wise? are you the only /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Fat.jpg (40 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
Fat.jpg
40 KB, 450x250
what are you families like, fitness wise?

are you the only /fit/ family member? do you have /fit/ parents and siblings? it seems like a lot of us grew up with unhealthy family habits and we figured out that we didn't want to end up like any of them.

as for myself, i am the only /fit/ family member. i went back home to visit a couple months ago and my family wanted to have a small reunion at golden corral which is a really crappy buffet. i don't think any of my family members (aunts, uncles and cousins) weighed less than 200 pounds, a few weighed well over 350 pounds. my parents didn't come but my dad is also close to 300 pounds. my mom and sister are the skinniest, they're only about 50 pounds overweight.
>>
My family are pretty /fit/
My brother does eat alot of junk but he runs miles a day and lifts.

My husband's family however...
>fat (over 400lbs)
>don't bathe
>don't clean
>bad with money and spend it nigga rich style.

My husband is getting fat now too as he reaches 30.
He eats and drinks the same shit as they do: nothing but soda and fast food. He's also not exercising anymore.

/fit/ he's getting so fat he's starting to get man fupa, it's disgusting. I've stopped sleeping with him and only do when he threatens to cave my head in.

I wish I could leave.
>>
>>36612090
I suppose my family is fitter than average, considering Murica.

My brother was skinnyfat, now fit. He lifts/runs. He is probably here on /fit/ right now.

I was fat, now skinnyfat. Starting to lift.
Parents were overweight, but were inspired by my progress, especially my mom.
Now they are of a nice healthy range for their age.
Extended family are either skinnyfat or fit. One grandma is a little overweight, but not too bad.
I was really the only one that got fat. I had emotional issues, I got help and quickly dropped my extra 70lbs, thank god.
>>
>>36612353
>tanya perez

Somehow I can't feel sorry for you
>>
>>36612353

you better divorce him its only going to get worse from here
>>
My mother used to be fit, and ran fitness classes when she was younger. She gave up in her 30s and got progressively fatter. She was diagnosed with obesity and pre-diabetes last year.

My brother has always been into sports, and is a coach for a reserve team of a well known club (not saying what, for reasons), and multiple children's teams.
He was once built-fat, only ever been in shape when taking a fuckload of speed, but after dating a string of what some of you fuckwits would call "high test" women, he got fat as fuck.

My father is fairly healthy for a man in his 60s, but that's because he is very active, even more so now my mother has fucked herself up and he now does most of the shit around the house. He also understands that his metabolism is changing as he ages, so watches what he eats.

My not-so-immediate family is better, most are normies, one morbidly obese at the point of no return health wise who still hits the gym hard so she doesn't lose their toes quite yet, some skinny fats, quite a few who are in armed forces careers so stay in shape, one uncle is into fitness and is a power-lifter-big manlet ball of muscle with two daughters who are into fitness.

Considering the obesity stats, it could be a lot worse.
>>
>>36612353
>I wish I could leave.
You can. Pls do.
>>
My dad is probably literally a skeleton by now, s-so I guess I'm fitter than him ;_;
>>
>>36615070
He'll be fitter than you when the zombie invation happens, breh. I hope you've done your cardio.
>>
>>36612353
Don't leave him, fatties die accidental or "natural" deaths all the time.
>>
>>36612090
Strangely when I started going to the gym and working on fitness my mom decided to do the same.

Of course she goes to a way nicer gym than me, and she goes for free as an insurance benefit.
>>
>dad
sports teacher, athlete, top-tier skier, these days mostly into inline- and ice-skating, hiking, having some trouble with his back and knees from other sports he did in the past

>mum
just as fit, i used to run with her in my teenage years, these days also inline- and ice-skating with my dad, they also do extended inline skating tours

>me
cycling to work every day, calisthenics, running, mountain biking, occasionally inline-skating, alpine snowboarding

>lil brother
similar constitution to mine, really tough runner (has surpassed me a few years ago) including mountain runs, also calisthenics, climbing, hiking

>lil sister
not as tough as my brother and me, but still fit, running, climbing, yoga

feels good man. my parents both look younger than their age, and we were all raised to enjoy sports and fitness.
>>
File: 1334884610677.jpg (413 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1334884610677.jpg
413 KB, 1000x750
>>36612090
Every single person in my family is thin except for my mother, who brought me up shittily and made me an obese little fuck at the age of eight.
I'm kind of salty about it and used to wonder what my life would have been like if I was the child of any of her brothers and sisters instead. I feel bad thinking this and I still love her despite this and her massive alcoholism, but she wrecked my life, body and the way I think before I was old enough to take responsibility and understand what was happening.
>>
Northern Yurop here.Both my mother and sister are extremely fit on the cardio side, sister also goes to the gym to squat and shit, is also a vegan. Mother has always lifted dumb bells and has respectable abs and biceps at least. She is about 56 and in very good health. As a matter of fact I am myself at the moment the least fit and most weak of us 3 (father died 8 years ago of throat cancer). I've only recently started liftan, for about a month now.
>>
>>36612353
Tell him either he's gonna lose all that fat or he's gonna lose you.
>I've stopped sleeping with him and only do when he threatens to cave my head in.
so he forces you to sleep with him, i can't imagine what a wonderful person he is
pls divorce him
>>
>father
about 120-130 kilos of fat, actually down like 40-50 kilos since a heart attack a couple years back
>mother
Don't see her much after she got locked up in the looney bin, last I remember she was thin and conscious of what she ate and enjoyed long walks
>me
sick fucking cunt brah
>sister 1
Fat as fuck, crazy short, looks like a meatball with curls. Has a sweet tooth and some affinity for junk food.
>brother
>ridiculously fat, like in the 200 kilos range, pretty much completely sedentary, exclusively eats chocolate, frozen pizza and soda or ice tea.
>sister 2
fucking based. Lifts, runs, plays football, meal preps and avoids unhealthy food and drink like the plague.
>>
>>36612090
I am the only fat family member.
>>
Dad is 56 and 265 lbs. Still benches 3pl8 for reps (srs) but eats like shit. Only ever does bench, arms, and back. Has lifted since age 14

Mom recently got into fitness
Started her on a lifting and cardio routine, slowly losing weight

Sister is disgusting fat slob who
should be euthanized.
>>
I've know my parents my whole life to be overweight. I've seen pictures of them when they were younger and they were thin.

I have three older sisters, two of them are now overweight and the men they married are now overweight. They both have two kids each but at least the kids from one family are thin. The other sister, my niece and nephew have bad eating habits.

My third sister who got married was always pretty slim. She just had a baby and although she gained a little bit of weight, she still is thinner than anyone else in the family.

All my sisters are baffled as to how I stay so thin. I try to make sure I watch what I eat and try to exercise when I can.
>>
>my lifting partner is my little brother
He's playing football in college and I couldn't be prouder.
>dad played college basketball
>mom runs daily
>mfw i was failure of family and didn't play college sports
>still lift
>>
>Mother
Used to be fit, got fat then got fit again.

>Sister
Vegetarian, used to be fat, got fit. Developed eating disorders but got over it.

>Father
Was a heavy smoker and drinker, cut both of those things out of his life a long time ago. Always been moderately fit. He gets addicted too easily to things. Eats entire pots of icecream in one sitting sometimes. Is now about to try out peanut butter jelly (just arrived in my country) which seems pretty fucking addictive
>>
>>36612090
Pretty much no one in my family is /fit/ or even bother's to eat\live healthy. Also pretty much everyone done some kind of sport back in the days and still retain good bodies\fair amount of strenght and endurance.
>>
I don't have a family. I don't even have friends. I'm good at keeping up appearances though. I don't think anyone at work suspects it.
>>
>>36612090
My dad's obese - his family are all overweight, most of them are obese.
My mum's suffered from anorexia but is /fit/ and healthy now, her family have a history of eating disorders.
I was overweight as a child, was bulimic and then anorexic as a teenager (weighed just over 6 stone) was obese by the time I reached 19 and now am working on losing the weight. Am 21 now and have lost 5 stone from my heaviest, exercising every day and trying to eat healthy. Sick rn so haven't exercised today.
>>
>>36612090
Oh god OP it's awful

Be me 138lbs and loosing from damn near 200lbs
Only child of a single mom
dad lives in Cali probably getting bitches

>mom overweight, smoker, junk food and fast food eater
>mixed fucking CHOCOLATE SYRUP in my bottles as a baby only a few months old and so on, and I know it's probably true because I've heard stories from other family members about it
>would give me candy and junk food and take me to the store almost daily to pick out something
>forced me to finish my plate as a child and would make these horrendous dinners consisting solely of boxed dinners like hamburger helper with a side of boxed Mac n cheese and boxed potatoes
>not a fresh vegetable or fruit in sight
>still makes these dinners
>wouldn't allow bathroom scales in the house because that promotes unhealthy thinking and will lead to anorexia
>was painfully obese as a kid and she never did anything about it except defending my size
>mfw I actually fucking remember her saying "oh it's just baby fat" and "you're growing up and it's normal to get bigger and taller"
>mfw my body was almost ruined with the scars of my gluttonous past; stretch marks and loose skin
Almost.
>lost 45lbs senior year of high school
>moved out and continued to lose weight
>mom still visits and brings junk food and brownies and cakes to tempt me
>occasionally it works and I feel like shit

Help me /fit
>>
>>36619428

iktfb

The only thing you can do is continue taking personal responsibility for yourself now that you're an adult.

The past is without form and void, the future is not yet in bloom. We have only this moment.
>>
>>36612822

glado for your family bro
>>
Dad
>eats pretty healthy
>manual labour job means he is still really strong
>exercises frequently (mostly walks)
>enjoys the odd beer

Mum
>smokes
>drinks
>shit diet
>doesn't really excersise
>already has back problems

Big bro
>lifting for several years
>goes to gym every night
>not super big but pretty ripped
>wastes money on shitty "crazy bulk" supplements
>>
File: 1443355593402.png (10 KB, 406x401) Image search: [Google]
1443355593402.png
10 KB, 406x401
>>36612090
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.