[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >Obese near-neet >Want to get /fit/ >Go out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: wakemeupinside.jpg (33 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
wakemeupinside.jpg
33 KB, 848x480
>Be me
>Obese near-neet
>Want to get /fit/
>Go out on half an hour jog
>Sort what food i have in the house
>Make up a diet
>Decide to go on a 30 min jog every day as well as get a gym membership when financially viable

I feel like I could do anything right now /fit/, but is there any way I can keep this attitude up?

At the moment being healthy is always at the back of my mind and for the last couple of days I've been living pretty healthily, but I know as soon as I get into vidya again or want to binge watch some anime this is all likely to come crashing down.

How do you do it /fit/? Do you deprive yourself of indulgent hobbies and food to make sure you CAN'T? Do I just need to keep this attitude up until it becomes part of who I am?
>>
>>36609339

>Do I just need to keep this attitude up until it becomes part of who I am?

The cultivation of discipline.
>>
>>36609355
The fuck do I know about discipline? I'm sure I wouldn't be in this situation if I did know something.

My idea of discipline is getting good at CS:GO, or marathoning the first half of Clannad to get to the good part, and I can barely keep that up. I'm disciplined right now with my day to day life, but part of discipline is not giving up when it's too bothersome and for me I feel like that's a real risk.

Any anons with similar experiences who would be willing to share?
>>
>>36609423
Just stop buying unhealthy shit when you're shopping. If you only have healthy food around then you'll only eat that.
>>
File: 144440294.jpg (65 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
144440294.jpg
65 KB, 523x592
>>36609339
>lacks self-control
>video games
Literally a manchild.
>>
>>36609504
>posts anime reaction image
You're one to talk, tinynuts
>>
>>36609339
stop being so weak willed jon
>>
File: 1449547822917.jpg (60 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1449547822917.jpg
60 KB, 878x814
>>36609518
>complains about anime
>posts on an anime image board
Retard
>>
>>36609423

Hence cultivation.

Motivation comes and goes - it is emotional in nature. Discipline is rational, logical thought used to structure habits which lend themselves to personal improvement.

Day by day. Step by step. It takes 21 days to cement a new habit, no?
>>
>>36609519
Sorry Alejandro. I've always known good advice comes from Hispania, and this is no exception.
>>
>>36609339
I have a home gym,no hobbies,no friends,no gf and no job
I lift all day long and do cardio on rest days
>>
>>36609339
>near-neet
How near to being not in employment education or training are you?
>>
>>36609423

I spent my entire childhood like that, and thus grew up a hungry skeleton who avoided all work and played video games and shit all day. Our only difference was perhaps I don't enjoy eating that much.

One way I found helped, in addition to simply having to make myself disciplined by forcing myself to stop dicking around and go lift, was to try and use the video games competitive mindset.

I play a lot of rpg's so i forced myself into the idea of grinding for str levels,etc, made myself git gud and improved my skills at lifting things. I also learned to really enjoy lifting, now it is one of my favorite things to do.

As for food, use your own laziness to your advantage, don't buy shit at the shops. That way when cravings come around, you can't be fucked going out to get it, and it isn't in the house so I guess you just go without for now.

>Do I just need to keep this attitude up until it becomes part of who I am?

Yes, it isn't easy but it's what separates the men from the plebs.
>>
>>36609541
I think I understand.

I've got the motivation to do this for 21 days. I'll exercise and eat healthily for those 21 days, and if by the end I feel like reverting, I'll go for another 21 days, till I don't even need to think about doing it for a set length of time.

Sorry for the shitty useless thread, this probably is more suited to /adv/, but thanks for help anyway.
>>
>>36609595

Furthermore, I changed my anime / tv habits to watching manly as fuck shit featuring characters who trained hard. Watching DBZ honestly puts me in the mood to lift heavy things, im currently watching JoJo for the first time and its also inspiring me to go lift when when I have already lifted today.
>>
>>36609586
I'm in college and on holiday, but I would probably define myself as a freeter.

>>36609595
Gotcha, that helps. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>36609603

You've got it.

Take challenges on like this one or two at a time. Eventually, start examining your negative habits - though in the beginning the stress of halting poor habits greatly interferes with the introduction of good habits.

Good luck.
>>
>>36609607
Jonathan dies. Everyone named speedwagon dies.
Lisa Lisa is Joesephs mother
The twist is Dio and Jotaro have the same stand.
I hate Jojofags so much
>>
>>36609339
To cultivate your discipline, you need to be able to observe your success for a given period of time.
Get a notepad.
Every day you do cardio, write it down.
Every day you made muscular gains, write it down.
Every day you made social gains, write it down.
Every day you had only good food, write it down.
Stick to your exercise. You'll see success when looking in your notepad - and some months later in your mirror.

To cultivate your discipline, you need to be able to remind yourself of your goals. People are forgetful and moody sometimes. Write your goals down. Put a smiley next to it, because you do this for yourself. Put it next to your alarm, or your coffee-maker, or in front of your toilet. You will be reminded of your goals first thing in the morning.

To cultivate your discipline, you need to be able to exercise willpower. Studies have shown that everybody has a finite amount of willpower to dispense over the day. Willpower can be trained, like a muscle. It needs time. When your willpower is depleted in the evening, you might want to cheat, eat chocolate and sugary stuff. This results in delayed sleep. Less sleep equals less willpower the next morning. Break the circle.

Also, don't beat yourself up too much if you can't run on a day once, or such things. Transformation takes time, months, years. You can do it :-)
>>
>>36609518
Would you like to dispell this statement mr rubio?
>>
>>36609607
Nothing wrong with watching whatever anime's you like. The more weight ive lost the more anime and VN watching i seem to do.
If you enjoy something dont cut it out. Unless that something is food.
I reward myself by playing VNs after a massive workout.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.