[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
some fag is tryna tell me that doing 2 grip exercises at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 235x214
some fag is tryna tell me that doing 2 grip exercises at the end of each lift is a sign i fuck around in the gym.
do people really not do grip work?
>>
>>36606660
farmer walks are great, but if you're deadlifting heavy just hold each rep at the top for a few seconds. Wrist rollers are good too
>>
>>36606678
i do a variety of grip exercises, mainly farmers walks, wrist curls, and what you said (i call them power holds). hammer curls and reverse curls are good too
>>
>>36606678
>if you're deadlifting heavy just hold each rep at the top for a few seconds
this is not the same as a farmer's walk
if you have access to proper farmers implements they are far, far superior
>>
Are one handed hangs good for grip work? Been doing this in place of static holds the past week.
>>
>>36606678
I do shrugs at the end of my deadlifts. If I have to drop it, I'll one more rep to get my shrugs in
>>
>>36606660
I don't do grip exercise and my forearms are great.
I just deadlift stuff.

Genetics fucked me with tiny wrists though.
>>
What's wrong with your grip since you have to strengthen it so? Not trying to be mean here, just curious since I've yet to be limited by my grip on rows, pullups or deadlifts.
>>
>>36608390
How much do you deadlift?

If your forearms and your hamstrings and lower back are the same strength that isn't necessarily something to be proud of
>>
>>36608434
205 kilos for three good reps, might be good for another ugly grinding rep, but I don't want to risk it.
>>
File: grip.jpg (201 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
grip.jpg
201 KB, 880x660
Anyone use these for a consistent period? I use mine a lot in my car, work, class, etc.
>>
>>36608481
In other words, something not particularly challenging to the grip.
>>
>>36606660
>some fag is tryna tell me that doing 2 grip exercises at the end of each lift is a sign i fuck around in the gym.
>doing 2 grip exercises at the end of each lift
>2 grip exercises after each lift

>tfw you do 5x5 and you are doing OHP and squat forcing you to do at least 50 grip exercises
>>
>>36607798
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>36609123
those are pretty worthless imo. Even the black one feels too easy.
>>
>>36609352
I'm sure this sounded better in your head.
>>
>>36609352
>grip
>squat
Have I been doing it wrong all this time? I don't grip the bar tightly at all, just enough to hold it in place
>>
tfw neglecting grip training

gonna start adding it in thanks for the reminder famalams
>>
>>36606660
It really doesn't matter what you do in the gym. You pay the money, you lift to your program, it's your training, not someone else's.

Do what you feel you need to do, let everyone else sort out their own bullshit.
>>
>>36609466
almost always cue #1
crush the bar so hard you'll leave handprints in the metal

Read Pavels Power to the people or andy bolton's deadlift dynamite.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.