[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Exercises that /fit/ generally considers safe but which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: most beautiful british model.jpg (91 KB, 618x891) Image search: [Google]
most beautiful british model.jpg
91 KB, 618x891
ITT: Exercises that /fit/ generally considers safe but which are actually one way tickets to snap city:

>Bench press (Rotator cuff)
>ATG Squatting (Knees, lower back)
>Deadlift (Lower back)
>Full ROM pull ups (Rotator cuff, elbow)
>Pike stretch (Lower back)
>Pistols (Knees)
>Full ROM push ups (Rotator cuff)
>>
>sucking dicks

choking hazard, risk of drowning, increased chances of a neck muscle tear
>>
If an exercise starts to hurt I just stop doing it or find out what's wrong with my form.
>>
>>36605481
No, no. I mean exercises that WILL result in injury sooner or later, even with perfect form.
>>
>>36605449
And none of them are as damaging as being a weak piece of sheist
>>
>>36605449
What do you do at the gym, body weight exercises?
>>
>>36605449
>Injuries are inevitable, that's why kept my fat ass stationed in front of a screen all day!

Hahahahahaha fuck you OP

Who else here /injuryfree/?
>>
File: topcuck.png (2 KB, 244x226) Image search: [Google]
topcuck.png
2 KB, 244x226
>>36605449
I do hope for you this is bait.
>>
>>36605605
Safe exercises. For example, rows instead of pull ups, step ups instead of squats.
>>
>>36605673
>Step ups instead of squats
Enough autism for today anon.
Sucks to be incompetent in form to the point of injuring yourself with squats.
>>
>>36605691
But everyone injures themselves with squats. There is no big squatter without knee and back problems, that's simply how it is. Sure, you may not be in much danger with your 50 lbs squats, but for non-low test, non-manlet people, it's a legit concern.
>>
>>36605466
Worth it.
>>
>>36605735
>your 50lbs squat
Top kek, enjoy your chicken legs autism senpai.
You see the thing is when you juice the ligaments do not grow stronger like your muscles do.
If you just keep it natural, work the core at the same rate, using mainly low bar squats, ensure your lower back and abductors are strong enough to keep the knees in line and the back straight, you have nearly no potential from injuries. In a worst case scenario a knee sprain from a bad rep. Accidents can always happen don't blame the exercise for what it isn't responsible for.

Nothing builds the core like the squats do, any chiropractors would slap you back to reality.

This reputation the squat has is thanks to the retards that always use their damn lifting belts, providing a brace right away instead of slowly getting your lower back used to progressively higher weights.
>>
>>36605846
>total non sequitur to spout memes
>calls other autistic
/fit/'s greatest misconception is thinking that perfect form is a protection from injuries. In reality, "perfect form" is actually what creates injuries by jeopardizing the musco-skeletal system with the aim of isolating the muscles.
>>
>>36606047
>Jeopardizing the musco-skeletal system
Where did you hear that bullshit?
>>
>>36606047
>In reality, "perfect form" is actually what creates injuries by jeopardizing the musco-skeletal system with the aim of isolating the muscles.

bro science the sentence
>>
>>36606109
>>36606153
Isn't there some truth to that? (another anon here)

Elliott Hulse says something similar in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyPrfN5t1NI

that typical barbell movements take pressure off the tendons (which I've heard said elsewhere in a discussion on calisthenics) making it easier to progress in muscular size since you don't have to wait for the tendons to adapt to controlling those loads in the way you would with calisthenics and maybe strongman training.

However, if you then need those tendons to back up the muscles in another movement they won't be there.
>>
>>36606263
Eliott Hulse is a known bullshitter with absolutely no real basis for his "knowledge" other than his personnal experiences.

This guy is the cancer of lifting, a spreader of pure bro science.
>>
>>36605449
>>ATG Squatting (Knees, lower back)

Why specify ATG? Normal squats are as bad for your back and knees as ATG
>>
>>36605846
>nothing builds core like squats

WHEN WILL THIS END
>>
>>36605449
>deadlifts (lower back)

How can you lie claiming that as the injury when in fact that's the muscle it most strengthens?
A stronger muscle has a far lesser chance of injury than weak or untrained.
Is OP trolling or actually this stupid?
>>
>>36606263
Of course it's true, but don't expect /fat/ to even understand basic logic. /fat/ doesn't lift and it shows.

As OP said, every big squatter has at least one direct injury from squatting. Same with bench and diddly. It's just how it is.

The sad thing is that i'd recommend dips instead of bench but /fat/ is generally much too weak in the upper body to actually do dips without support.
>>
>>36606573
>How can you claim an exercise can and injure a muscle it hits
Are you completely 12?
>>
>>36605449
Is this some kind of new troll thread where we tell everyone lifting is bad for your health? Also, why am I seeing everyone's name?
>>
>>36606594
If anything it strengthens and reduces risk of injury in the lower back far more than putting it at risk
Fuck off dyel faggot, you know exactly what I meant
>>
>>36606605
jesus. Can you stop being a stupid fuck and stop arguing with the troll
>>
>>36605735
I don't have knee or back problems AMA
>>
>>36606047
[citation needed]
>>
>>36606605
>If anything it strengthens and reduces risk of injury in the lower back far more than putting it at risk
You lift in a way to explicitely target that muscle. Thus, the risk of injury (especially wil laughable routines like /fat/ uses) is high.

basic logic, you cannot into it.
>>
File: chanchan.jpg (161 KB, 625x560) Image search: [Google]
chanchan.jpg
161 KB, 625x560
>>36605673
>step-ups
This is too obvious anon
0/10
you can leave now guys
>>
I wish there was a way to ban all trolls but this site is basically just all trolls and wouldn't be anything without em
>>
>>36606683
>>Reddit
>>
>>36605449
>forever dyel: the post
>>
>>36606656
5 years deadlifting, my lower back is the strongest thing on me and never injured, fuck off shitposting dyel twink
>>
>>36605614
Not me, I fucked my back up doing ego cat back deadlift last year. Thankfully it's recovered now and I'm dling heavier than ever.
>>
>>36606656
>explicitely

basic spelling, you cannot into it
>>
>>36605673
>pull-ups being unsafe
hahaha april fools hahhaha
>>
>>36605449
You sound like a huge dyel pussy
>>
>>36605513
Literally none except for the upright row.
>>
>>36605449
If its coming from ego then yeah those lifts are dangerous. But done with proper form you should be good. Stop being a pussy OP.
>>
>>36605449
I would smash the girl in that photo and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Gimme all of that second chin.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.