[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else's respect for bodybuilders/lifters dramatically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: 1432724756686.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
Anyone else's respect for bodybuilders/lifters dramatically went down after finding out about steroids?
>>
You're retarded for obvious reasons.
>>
>>36603444
buttmad roider detected
>>
>>36603430
That basically means you respect no one in the field.

Except maybe scott herman. But he looks like shit>>36603444
>>
>>36603430
My respect went down for those who do not admit using roids when they do. Back in the day steroids weren't as controversial as they are now.
>>
LMAO YOU ACTUALLY THOUGHT THEY WERE NATTY
>>
>>36603430
No because I've seen them working out and they still give it everything, which I can respect.
>>
>>36603512
LOL
O
L!!!
>>
You can't admit to using gear you ignorant fucks. There's this thing called staying out of jail and this other thing called making millions off gullible retards.
>>
>>36603472
>he looks like shit
You're shit
t. Hermanite
>>
>>36603549

But is it worth anything in the end, if you are dishonest to those who look up upon you? Money and fame mean nothing if you are willing to violate basic principles of honesty. These bodybuilders should quite frankly be ashamed.
>>
>>36603648
Who gives a shit what a bunch of ignorant 15-20 year old kids think?

This age group is the number1 source of income for the fake-natural. They eventually learn and realize the truth, but they just get replaced by the next lot of 15-20 year olds with their parents credit card.
>>
>>36603664

Everyone should care. Young men are extremely impressionable. These 15-20 year olds will eventually become critical members of society. Planting the idea in their minds that lying is fine since everybody does it will be disastrous. Those who do so must not understand what they are doing, because I don't see how someone could do that without disgusting themselves.
>>
>>36603549
Also, they'd lose their sponsors if they admitted to it.
>>
>>36603682
>Dat autism
In this day and age lying IS fine.
>>
>>36603704

I'd rather lose my sponsors than my dignity any day of the week.

>>36603709

This is what's wrong with you fucking millennials. No honesty, no principles, no morals. Anything that benefits you, you'll do.

You will be the downfall of your own society, mark my words.
>>
>>36603682
Ok think of it like this. The 15-20 year olds who are smart enough, will eventually catch on, and move on with their lives. The retarded ones will continue to be forever scammed for their money.

This is no different to any other business practice.
>>
>>36603754

And any other business practice that takes advantage of the less mentally capable is downright wrong.
>>
>>36603765
You sound like a communist
>>
>>36603770

Fuck communism. I am a hard working capitalist. My business and career have been founded on blood, sweat, and tears. Having principles and basic empathy, however, doesn't make someone a communist. I embrace competition and wouldn't ask to have dishonesty be illegal in all situations, per se - but I still look down upon dishonest business and people.
>>
>>36603430
no just glad I'm not a naive retard buying supplemements. They still have to put in a shit ton of work, a lot more than the op ever likely has. Your total lack of knowledge is on display
>>
>>36603786

Expanding on this. You wouldn't want a 100% free market just as you wouldn't want a government with absolutely no laws. You need to strike a balance. It is perfectly reasonable to make outright, provable lying illegal. For example , a supplement company should not be able to say its will increase your dick size if it doesn't - or that it even has the supplement when it doesn't.

Keeping lying by omission and other gray areas legal is fine though- otherwise the law can be used against legitimate businesses and people. You want minimal regulation, not none at all.
>>
>>36603648
>>36603682
>thinking you can prevent retards from believing in everything they see
>applying some special moral highground of responsibility to bodybuilders
>>
>>36603799
>shit ton of work
>injecting hormones multiple times a day, eating 1000kcal meals every 2-3 hours and occasionally working out
it's like you don't realize being a bodybuilder is something people want to do but can't because they don't have the money/genetics and not because it's hard
>>
>>36603716
lmao as if your generation had any fucking principals or morals when it comes to plenty of other crisis and industry. get out of here you delusional clown, you sound like a closeted retard
>>
>>36603812
>>36603818

Talk all the shit you want, dumb motherfucker. I will be dead by the time you are suffering from pollution, global warming, etc.

I don't have to worry about your idiocy, but you do.
>>
>>36603765
so half of all businesses that market useless shit people don't need because they're gullible idiots? the entire "health" food industry then? listen to how fucking stupid you sound
>>
>>36603834

I don't think you quite understand. I can bench 110kg for 5 and deadlift 220kg for 5. I have passed a point where my mind and body don't even register weights less than 20kg. In my world objects less than 20kg don't exist.
I am getting stronger and stronger every time I hit the gym. I am starting to fear my own strength.
>>
>>36603840

So you don't think they're wrong? You think they are morally justified in what you do.

This is only possible if your "morals" consist of survival of the fittest. You lack empathy.
>>
>>36603852

In what they do*
>>
>>36603648
>Money and fame mean nothing if you are willing to violate basic principles of honesty.
In my experience most people think lying is only wrong sometimes.
>>
>>36603813
Lifted natty 6 years, you're way oversimplifying with a clear lack of personal experience. Quit while your ahead, with each post your ignorance is more apparent
>>
>>36603862

Obviously there are gray areas but you have to be delusional to think it's okay to lie about supplements/roiding. You're being duplicitious and it's not for anyones good.
>>
>>36603877
There are industries that lie outright about far greater impacting things in terms of scale and effect. Bodybuilding is just an easy ondustry to demonize and place blame rather than consider uglier realities
>>
>>36603430
hahahaha
>>
why don't oldschool bodybuilders look like hgh blobs if they were roided to the gills too?
>>
>>36603954

And all of those industries are wrong in what they do. That's all I am saying. I'm not making a call for action or expressing any extreme views, so I don't know why people are disagreeing with me.
>>
>>36604019

Less gear and different gear.

Insulin is the generally accepted cause of the bloated guts and that didn't really come into BBing until the 90s.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.