[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your cut going? I started cutting 1 week ago, first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: IMG-20140707-WA0003.jpg (83 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20140707-WA0003.jpg
83 KB, 612x816
How's your cut going?
I started cutting 1 week ago, first on a 350kcal deficit and since two days I'm on a ~500kcal deficit.
When switching to 500kcal i caught a cold. Also, I wake up in the middle of the night feeling really hungry. Yesterday, when lying in bed trying to sleep i dreamt of a giant pizza covered with burgers.
Am I eating too little?
>>
going alright. i lost 20 lbs in two weeks by eating at a slight deficit (a little over on heavy lift days) and not eating two days out of the week.
>>
>>36603195
How do you feel when not eating for a day?
I would like to try this, but I have exams in a few days and I need energy to study.
>>
>>36603210
i chew gum and drink black tea. first one was hard but the rest were ok
>>
File: 1400351883769.gif (134 KB, 320x230) Image search: [Google]
1400351883769.gif
134 KB, 320x230
>started cut today
>woke up 10 minutes ago
>already losing it
>>
>>36603168
What exactly am I looking at in that pic?
>>
>>36603168
Is dat your benis
>>
>>36603168
Just eat close to when you sleep..
I have the same problem..
>>
>>36603168
Lost 3 kg in three weeks. About 3-4 more to go.
Pretty slow but I don't mind since I didn't lose any strength yet, and I still allow myself to have nice meals (if I didn't, my mom would disinherit me for not eating enough of her meals... which are delicious so it's a guilty pleasure)
>>
Starting my cut today.
A bit apprehensive.
Enjoyed my bulk too much.

Anyhow will start off around 2700 hundred calories.
Going to give the Arnold Super Cut program a try because why not?

Just debating whether to jump on an EC stack right away or wait.
>>
>>36603227
>>36603228
its a sea cucumber aka wale benor
>>
File: 1459498426932.jpg (135 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
1459498426932.jpg
135 KB, 612x816
>>36603315
>>
Haven't eaten more than 1500 kcal this week. Sustaining myself with small amounts of chicken for broteine and EC.
>>
>2 months of extreme cutting
>1.2kcals once a day on IF
>3x a week swimming 2 hour sessions with fins
>down to 67kg from 74kg as a semi-fat 5'7/171 manlet
>probably need to lose another 1kg for 9% BF
>>
>>36603568
>extreme cutting
faggot
>>
>>36603568

67kg?

Are you 5 ft tall??
>>
started my 3rd week of cutting today. i've lost 5,5kg so far but mostly water i think
>>
>>36603315
ty
>>
>>36603168
I stay pretty lean - abs, veins in shoulders ect - year round and my holiday this year is to Paris, I might go to the beach once so tempted to not go through a longer cut, and if I need to cut hard for 2-3 weeks to really bring out abs and everything else.

Thoughts? Just seems pointless to be uncomfortable and stall progress when I'm not going to need to take my shirt off
>>
Here is everything I've eaten today:
>Breakfast
2 bananas, a slice of vegemite toast with a scrape of butter, and like three cherry tomatoes
>Lunch
A piece of fried chicken from the gym cafeteria
>Dinner
250g t-bone, mashed potato, three stalks of broccoli

Also a shitload of water throughout the day. Should this be enough food to satisfy a normal human? Is it unreasonable that it's 11:20 and I'm fucking starving?
>>
>>36604586
>listing foods and not cals
Are you even counting?
>>
>the current year
>still cutting on retarded deficits and being hungry all the time
>not just doing keto, eating as much as you want, always being full and never hungry
>losing more weight than you ever did on a 'diet'

Seriously. Cutting with anything other than keto is retarded.
>>
>>36604649
I don't cook for myself and also eat out a lot and also don't own a food scale, so counting accurately is virtually impossible. Whatever the count is though it's definitely below my maintenance (3000kcal).
>>
>implying I'm not bulking
>>
>>36604661
I've done keto three times. I felt like shit every time. I ate shit every time. I probably ate at or above maintenance while on keto just to stay in keto. I'm glad it worked for you but not everyone has the willpower to just cut out an entire macro and still get exercise. As far as psychologically difficult diets go, keto is at the top of the pile.
>>
>>36604690

You need to get a grip if you struggle with keto. There's virtually no limit on how much you want to eat. If you're craving something just go eat a fat plate of bacon cooked in butter.

Keto is the only diet when you can go eat RIGHT NOW until you're totally full, whenever you're hungry. Other diets you're stuck thinking oh shit how many calories can I have for the rest of the day. Fuck that.

You do feel like shit for a few days but then if you stick to it your body adjusts and you feel fine.

Keto didn't fail you, you failed.
>>
>>36604661
I'm this guy > >>36604567

I'm not quite doing keto because I'm not obese and gullible, but using some of the keto ideas really helps with being lean.

Using carbs as "Rocket fuel" around workouts is a better way to approach low carb diets. If you work out in the morning have some carbs before and after, then the rest of the day have none and you can eat a lot and be lean, whilst not feeling depleted a few hours after a carby meal.
>>
>>36604708
Oh god, I remember the bacon. And the eggs too. I was dry retching by the end of the second week at the thought of forcing bacon and eggs down again. Literally had to have a huge glass of water to swallow every bite immediately. I think salami was the other one, at the start I thought it would be great, I could just snack on some salami whenever I got hungry, but it quickly became my least favourite taste in the world. I started looking for substitutes everywhere. I made a pretty good ketogenic pizza actually, but that was close to the point where I stopped because I realised the calories I was taking in to get through day to day committments like work or school without being utterly lethargic was probably stopping weight loss. Literally did two work outs in my most recent attempt, which lasted a month.
>keto didn't fail you, you failed
Literally what I said? Keto as a diet is widely acknowledged as having a huge failure rate because it's such an unnatural manner of eating. No fruit, no pasta, no rice, some vegetables if they have enough dietary fibre, just a shitload of fat and a little bit of protein. Blegh. And then someone tells you about carb nite or some shit and you binge and you crash and you just go back to a "normal" diet.
Like I said, I'm super happy it's working for you. That's great. You're burning fat and maybe even feeling great. But it's definitely not for everyone and it's definitely not retarded to cut with something other than keto.
>>
>>36604690
Were you eating enough fat? If you're cutting carbs but eating only lean meats you'll feel like shit and never adapt.
>>
Losing about 1 1/2 lbs. per week while still saving room for a beer a night
>>
>>36604785
Was buttering up my steaks and duck fatting up my butter. One of the few times I bothered with tracking my macros, it was a solid 70-75% fat diet. I also bought diastix, I was definitely in keto. I just fucking hated every minute of it. People underestimate the importance of enjoying what you're consuming while you're on a diet. If your diet is a source of stress then you're upping your cortisol levels, which is gonna throw your hormones out of whack and fuck up your metabolism, which will make you feel even more like shit, and then re-up your cortisol levels.
But then again, if you're a person who has a "food=fuel" mentality who doesn't care if they eat tuna and brown rice for every meal between now and armageddon, then one has to wonder how you got fat in the first place...
All I'm saying is that keto is biologically effective for burning fat, but it's fucking hard and super taxing. Or maybe I'm just whining like a little bitch. Either either.
>>
>>36604821
It's all cool, we're all different pham.
>>
>>36603225
I'm jelly. I stopped shitting after the second week.
>>
It's going, though I really need to start counting calories...
>>
>>36604708
This sounds like such a meme diet.
How are you going to lose weight if you're stuffing your fat face at a surplus?
>>
6 ft, 214 lbs here. Working on losing weight. I was 222 lbs. two weeks ago. I don't look any different but I already feel more confident and to be honest I like running.

Haven't started lifting yet because I hurt my shoulder a little while ago but I will in a week or two, and I imagine that will help me cut even faster.

Semester ends in 5 weeks. Hoping to be at 200 by then, and down to 170 by the beginning of next semester, at which point I'll start trying to bulk up a bit.
>>
>>36603168
What the fuck am I looking at, here?
>>
>>36603250
EC stack is a crutch. Only do it during the end of a cut if you need it.
>>
>>36605965
The ideia is that you turn your metabolism toward more efficient fat utilization, with low insulin levels and usage of ketone bodies for energy. I believe calories are still important, but many find it easy to achieve a calorie intake that leads to weight loss and satiety in this diet. It's pretty naive to think that all calories are metabolized equally.
>>
Great. Down 5 of the 10 pounds I want to lose by summer. Abs showing more each day. Feels good.
>>
>>36606170
I'd wager doing it at the beginning to speed things up. It helps preserve lean mass. Why would you risk that
>>
>>36606154

I both want to and don't want to know to be quite honest spanish word for family
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.