[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with jealous, toxic friends? >be out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: HXH.png (697 KB, 617x650) Image search: [Google]
HXH.png
697 KB, 617x650
How do you guys deal with jealous, toxic friends?
>be out of shape in high school
>start lifting and running
>get ripped by the time uni rolls around
>have same group of friends from hs
>they're all in bad shape, shit grades
>I go to a good uni, they go to community college
>I make more gains, run marathons, etc.
>they always seem to insult my accomplishments
>seem really jealous and hateful
You'd think your friends would try to support you, not hold you down.

Pic not related
>>
>>36600581
Don't be a bitch and tell them. Explain that it's childish and it's hurtful. If they aren't shit friends they'll respect you and grow up. If the don't, stop hanging out with them. Never subject yourself to bad treatment for another person. Not a gf, friend or even family.
>>
>>36600581
>jealous, toxic friends
tip - grow up and quit being 'friends' with such people
retard
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 216x216
>>36600581

Why aren't you making friends at University, Anon?
>>
>>36600581
Rape all of them.
You are much stronger than them and let's face it, browsing /fit/ has at least made you bi.
Jk no lol
>>
Ive come across 'friends' like that. Seriously its like they can't fathom the idea of someone improving themselves.

The worst part is that some of them might be fervently convinced that you 'lucked out' or won at the genetics roulette. Seriously niggas gotta put in some effort. senpai
>>
File: worriedpepe.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
worriedpepe.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>>36600649
How do I go about doing that besides classes? I made friends with my roommate but that's about it. I don't talk to anyone at the gym because I feel like that'd be weird.
>>
Quit acting like a douchebag and making a big deal out of going to the fucking gym. They're not jealous, they're just sick of hearing your shit.
>>
>>36600628
My family is extremely toxic. They all call me an asshole for threatening to leave if they didn't change because "that's just not what family does" and I'm supposed to support them no matter what. I disagree, but maybe it's true. What do you or other anons think?

I'm having a tough time getting away because they're making me feel guilty for their own actions. Drinking, blowing money away, drugs, not sending my little brother to school, not buying food, not cleaning or anything. They're not necessarily bad just neglectful and I'm having a really hard time deciding how to manage this.

I'm 18 and don't have many options. Thanks for any help guys
>>
>>36600836
I hardly ever talk about going to the gym. But if they wanna hang out and ask me where I'm at, I'll tell them if I'm at the gym and this usually upsets them.
>>
>>36600810
join a fraternity. was one of the best ideas i ever made while in college, even though i joined a shitty frat and would join a different one if i did it again
>>
>>36600581
>toxic friends

Maybe you should avoid people that jump on the mainstream word wagon.
Yesterday it was literally
Today it's toxic
Tomorrow it's opeyisaphag
>>
Same here, there's one guy in my group of friends who's like "you're not that big", " that's not much of an accomplishment" etc. He always has to bring me down yet all my other friends don't do that shit. I also try to give him advice but he's like "let me do my own shit" fucking retard just does curls and his form is all whack to the point he's gonna snap shit up. He's a really good friend apart from that like it would suck to lose him but it's starting to really piss me off.
>>
File: 2165123463.png (78 KB, 213x289) Image search: [Google]
2165123463.png
78 KB, 213x289
>Tfw you try to help your NEET friend become /fit/ but deep down know he'll never stick to a diet or stick to a consistent gym schedule and will only hinder my own gains.

Toxic friends are toxic anon
>>
>>36600581
Workout harder, run faster, and everytime your friends insult your accomplishments smile and say "Yeah, your right I should be doing better." You're climbing higher and higher you beautiful rocket you, never stop. Your friends are all watching you rise and can't even pick themselves up enough to achieve mediocrity. Your destiny is among the stars.
>>
>>36601015
Thanks anon. That's motivational as fuck. I'm running a marathon saturday morning, I'll remember your words ;)
>>
>>36600810
Clubs, groups, activities.

There is shit going on all the time on campus, read bulletin boards and go to some that sound fun to you.
>>
>>36600581
I leave them.
One actually considered me his best friend, but he was a fuckass who couldn't take advice for shit. Out with his sorry ass.
>>
>>36600881
Let them die and try to save your brother, tbqh. Tell them to send him to school, threaten to sue, I don't know.
>>
>>36600581
>How do you guys deal with jealous, toxic friends?

If you have old garbage stinking up your house you throw it out. What do you do with old garbage stinking up your life?
>>
>>36600928
That's how my older brother is he's always trying to put me down so then I just act like an arrogant asshole
>>
>>36600886
Same here anon. Was rushing with a friend from HS. When I get initiated, find out my chapter blows dick. Wish I could do it over again.
>>
>>36600581
kanye west - real friends
>>
>>36600581
Okay, so there's way too much shit to write down and too little time to teach you everything. You're going to have to learn through your own experience - and that means you're going to make a lot of mistakes. But basically, the two main things you have to do is:
1. Ditch your old friends
2. Make your new friends

But the problem here is, the fact that you're hanging out with these type of people implies that you're similar to them in some way - be it personality or "social hierarchy" as judgmental as that sounds. Point is, it likely will be hard for you to relate and find friendship groups in some cases...you're going to have to adapt and make a lot of mistakes. That's fine, this is a journey. Don't substitute real life experience for what you see on forums and stuff - the advice here is sometimes good, but it can't and won't cover everything.

Good luck man. I'm excited for your journey towards a happier life.
>>
All my friends support me. Even behind my back as I've found out one too any times. That's what makes them friends. You aren't gonna find them on a Facebook page and you can usually count them all with your hands
>>
>>36600581
I only run into friends I dont go to college or work with every now and again so that isnt a problem for me.
>>
>>36601401

comment of the year
>>
>>36600810
Literally just fucking talk to people m9, seems to be working for me
>>
>>36600581
>jealous, toxic
>friends
pick one
>>
>>36600881
Save. Your. Brother. That's all I can tell you. He might not even realise what you've done for him later, but he'll turn out better.

As for your family, fuck them. You're having a good and healthy life. They're incapable of living healthily because they don't have the balls to change, you remind them of their own weakness.
>>
>>36600883
You're probably talking about it more than you think.
>>
>>36600581
Honestly op, it's fucking sad but you have to drop them. The you they met and have grown accustomed to was in their minds, beneath them. Now that you've turned the tables they're not happy and they're not going to come around I'll tell you that right now.
Cut the cord and start looking for new friends. It's better to be alone for a little while than continue having the life sucked out of you by those "friends."
>>
>>36600810
I joined a couple of clubs and made a ton of cool friends who share my interests
>>
>>36600810
You have to lift heavy weight in comparison to the rest if the gym. When you need a spot, ask some random people. They will usually ask how long you've been training etc. etc. It's really easy
>>
>>36601234
close.
ut's like having stuff you dont really use anymore and is clogging up your space.

if it was garbage one implies you use and dump people. if that is true then you can't really argue about quality of friends
>>
>>36600808
>>36600581
>>36600630
pretty simple anon, find new friends. the world is a big place and it isnt as hard as you think. my friend group was the same when i started going to college because all they wanted to do was work shit labour jobs and drop molly every weekend. i made new friends with the same interests as me and moved forward in life while my old friends are still working their shit jobs and fucking themselves up with drugs.
>>
>>36600881
I'm 19 and have the same issue. My advice is to put on a mask of civility and use then for what they're worth then get out as soon as you can.
>>
>>36600810
Don't ask me man, I had 2 room mates and they didn't like me

I just played wow at all hours and when they asked me to change rooms I decided to drink away my anger and the next thing I knew I was in a hospital with my dad sitting next to me

They tried to put me to bed but I wouldn't stop laughing, so they called the campus cops (real cops). I went for one of their guns apparently and they handcuffed me to a chair

Man what I wouldn't give to see that hallway vid cam, the "jock" of our floor put me in a headlock and I headbutted the corner of a mini whiteboard marker tray in protest, right between the eyebrows
>>
File: 1451079199725.png (491 KB, 586x579) Image search: [Google]
1451079199725.png
491 KB, 586x579
>>36600581
I don't have any friends
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.