[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which /fit/ meme did you fall for? >tfw did SS and now trex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: 1458771318532.jpg (35 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1458771318532.jpg
35 KB, 387x461
Which /fit/ meme did you fall for?
>tfw did SS and now trex mode
>tfw told that squats and deadlifts would be enough for a strong core and good abs
>>
>>36599874
You are fat famigo
>>
File: 1459019037361.jpg (153 KB, 933x795) Image search: [Google]
1459019037361.jpg
153 KB, 933x795
>>36599874
>not flexing your core while squatting or deadlifting

that explains that
>>
>>36599874
I did SS and didn't end up trex mode because I read the book and followed the program.
>>
>>36600078
How to follow program? Accessories?
>>
Did deadlifts and squats and ate right. Stomach didn't change at all, maybe a bit firmer but fat still surrounded it. Start doing a core workout with crunches, mountain climbers, planks and russian twists. Pretty much the same but with more firmness. Guess i just need more cardio.
>>
>>36600078
tell more
I recently started SS
>>
>>36600514
>>36603338
It's a meme you dip.

I've read the entire book and let me save you some time:
Google"Greg Nuckols 28 free programs" and do the novice programs instead.

High volume, low intensity training is the way to go
>builds muscle
>bigger muscle is a stronger muscle
>adapts / increases work capacity
>>
>>36603351
So for 3xbench and 3xsquat it has

Day 1
squat 2x8 1xAMAP
bench 2x8 1xAMAP

Day 2
squat 2x6 1xAMAP
bench 2x6 1xAMAP

Day 3
squat 2x4 1xAMAP
bench 2x4 1xAMAP

?
>>
>>36603458
Squat 2 days a week IMHO.

May wanna bench 2 days if you want to continue training overhead press. If no then hit lateral delts and rear delts after benching.
>>
>>36603351
Lol, show us a pic then of your amazing transformation then.
Eveyone i know including mysel has had amazing results from SS. now about a year and a half in (did ss for 6 months) i look more aesthetic and stronger than 99.9% of the natty lifting community.
And i still don't work my core other than front squats, squats and DLs.
>>
>>36603479
Yeah I don't give a shittt m888

Boring troll I don't have time tor
>>
>>36603493
Yeah, lol, thats what i though, it's always people who has never done SS, or done it incorrectly that says it's bad.
>>
>tfw started ss two weeks ago
>my gf asks me to let her join and to teach her the lifts
Yesterday was bretty good. Tho im scared as fuck Ill somhow fuck up her form and she'll snap. Hold me brehs.
>>
>>36603508
So booooooooorrrring
>>
It's like you faggots don't understand SS is a starting STRENGTH program.

It teaches you the basics of powerlifting. SS is not meant to make you look good. After three months, you're supposed to switch to a hypertrophy routine if you're going for bodybuilding.
>>
>>36601522
> Guess i just need more cardio.

Or eat less. I cant believe you tried "spot reducing" before you came to that conclusion lol
>>
>>36599874
>Explosive power training makes punches stronger
>Low reps high weight is healthy
>Cardio steals gains
>>
>>36603351
This is the second time in a few days that I see this craig cuckold name thrown around in this board and it had happened an entirety of 0 times in the years before that. Are you a shill?
>>
>>36603609
SS, IF, keto, DNP and calisthenics were successfully shilled on /fit/, you can't blame other fitness guys for trying the same.
>>
>>36603609

Because his site is relatively new and is promoted and co-owned by Omar Isuf.
>>
>>36603571
>SS teaches you the basics of powerlifting
fuck off
>>
>>36603604
>Explosive power training makes punches stronger
It does, but you have to know how to throw a punch correctly.

>Low reps high weight is healthy
It is, but you have to know how to perform the movements correctly.

>Cardio steals gains
Technically true in the sense that you need a caloric surplus for max gains and cardio expends calories. Cardio's great and there's a lot to gain from it, but muscular gains (which is that the term "gains" refers to in /fit/ slang) is not among those things.

tldr pls b trollin
>>
>>36603622
nah, just making an observation

>>36603632
when did all these mini-cucks have time to test the programs and verify their results then
shills confirmed
>>
>>36601522
the last thing SS is good at is building a sixpack i think even rippletits himself said that
>>
>>36603655

>implying people recommend programs based off of their own experiences kek

greg nuckols SOUNDS like he know what he's talking about, therefore people will use whatever he puts out and even promote it because an intelligent guy must produce an intelligent program, kek.
>>
>>36603640
>It does, but you have to know how to throw a punch correctly.
Wrong, punching power comes from weight transfer. Explosive power doesn't matter much (Source: Filimonov, also life experience)

>It is, but you have to know how to perform the movements correctly.
It isn't. High intensity always fucks me even with perfect technique, but as long as I do 15+ reps, I'm fine.

>Technically true in the sense that you need a caloric surplus for max gains and cardio expends calories. Cardio's great and there's a lot to gain from it, but muscular gains (which is that the term "gains" refers to in /fit/ slang) is not among those things.
Who has most gains? Bodybuilders.
Now, do bodybuilders do cardio or not? Yes, they do.
>>
>>36603677
So he's like Rippetoe?
>>
>>36603351
Stop shilling this guy. You're doing it on plebbit too, and you need to stop.
>>
>>36603622
>admitting to being a shill
Kys
>>
>>36603710
Go back to leafy youtube comments faggot
>>
>>36603710
I'm not the guy who spams his program, just pointing out that shilling, or let's call it guerilla/viral marketing, was always /fit/'s thing. Remember TYVD?
>>
>>36603683
>Who has most gains? Bodybuilders.
>Now, do bodybuilders do cardio or not? Yes, they do.

Yeah but they don't do it for gains, they do it to get lean and vascular. They also go on cuts and dehydrate themselves, that doesn't mean those things are optimal for gains, brah.

Also bodybuilders do DNP and clen for cardio, but I get your point.
>>
>>36603493
Just another fatty dyel trying to give /fit/ advice
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>36599874
That abs are made in the kitchen and u can get nice abs from compound movements
>>
>squats won't fuck up your knees
My favorite meme. Lifting forums are always full of people with knee problems who usually mention the problem started with squats.
>>
>>36599874
>eat big to get big
Made me fat
>just do a 1k calorie deficit cut bro
Made me lose all muscle I had while maintaining the fat
>>
>>36605071
>>eat big to get big
>Made me fat
Well, technically you did get big.

>>just do a 1k calorie deficit cut bro
>Made me lose all muscle I had while maintaining the fat
You also have to lift.
>>
>>36605506

>1k deficit

Too much.

You can't eat like 1750 if 2750 is your maintenance and not lose piles of muscle. 500 calorie deficit is better for lifters and you can cut about 16lbs over 4 months from the deficit alone, plus another +16lbs through activity.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.