[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, I see people everywhere doing sumo DLs. Am I the faggot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 620x349
/fit/, I see people everywhere doing sumo DLs. Am I the faggot or is everybody else?
>>
>>36597560
OP is a faggot.
>>
>>36597560
I remember back in the early 2000s it was all about bench pressing and squats.
>>
Most people in my gym do overhead deadlifts now, it's like there's a new fad each year.
>>
>>36597560
There is literally nothing wrong with sumo deadlifts
>>
>>36597706
Does it let you pull more weight than you could using traditional form?

That's not to say there's anything wrong with it, but unless you're a competition powerlifter pulling more weight for the sake of pulling more weight is sort of pointless.
>>
>>36597742
>>36597742
True, but that does not make it inherently inferior or "worse" by any means than conventional. Its like the conversation between low bar and high bar squats.
You are supposed to do which one feels better, not which one is objectively "right" or "wrong."
>>
>>36597842
but conventional is objectively right and objectively superior
>>
>>36597560
fuck you i have stumps for arms
>>
>>36597862
could you explain why considering the general person has varied proportions ranging from long arms to >>36597880.
Inb4 "longer range of motion"
That does not matter in the deadlift when you do not look at extremes. The difference in ROM and muscle usage is negligible if you do not count 2-inch sumo pullers in powerlifting
>>
>>36597742
I actually gave it a try for the first time today. From what I could tell sumo deads use your lower body a lot more than traditional. I barely felt like I was using my back at all doing them, so I switched on every set. I thought it was fun to do though, nice to mix things up once in a while.
>>
>>36597560
I pull sumo when I'm doing higher rep ranges and do conventional when doing 3-8 reps.
>>
>>36597918
This happens because you can keep your torso more upright and there is less of a hinge in your hips.
That being said sumo / conventional pulls work the upper body evenly, considering you use the same mechanics to pull it from the floor to lockout in each case.
>>
I pull sumo because of the combination of my piss poor flexibility and my overhanging belly from being a hamplanet that presses against my thighs and causes my back to curl significantly.

When I've lost a lot more weight, I'll definitely give conventional a go.
>>
Why would them being faggots prevent the possibility of you being a faggot?
>>
It has a shorter ROM so you aren't doing as much work on each rep. The whole point of lifting is to work your body so why cut corners and do this purely for egotistical purposes?

I've never done them btw.
>>
>>36598297
>It has a shorter ROM so you aren't doing as much work on each rep. The whole point of lifting is to work your body so why cut corners and do this purely for egotistical purposes?
Then why not just do deficit deadlifts to get even more ROM if that matters the most
>>
>>36598297
You should try them out some time. I see what you're getting at with the ego thing, but they do feel different.
>>
>>36598324
this
>>
>>36597560
Sumo is great for developing dat ass
>>
Are sumos easier to do with good form of you have long legs?
>>
if someone is a tall fucker i don't see why they can't benefit from sumo
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 900x600
Thanks /fit/. Looks like I'm the faggot. Still not doing sumo though. Fuck that gay shit.
>>
File: file.png (40 KB, 424x116) Image search: [Google]
file.png
40 KB, 424x116
Might serve as a guideline but don't take it as gospel
>>
>>36598375
Is it actually?
>>
I don't really understand how sumo is stronger, it feels weird to me.
>>
>>36598574
Yes. It has greater activation of the gluteal muscles than traditional deadlifts
>>
I'm 6'3 but my arms are really long, would I benefit more from sumo or conventional?
>>
Sumo are neither inferior or superior. If you have short arms or a long torso try sumo or semi-sumo. Life changer.
>>
>>36599024
candi toe did a test run on sumo dead vs conventional and sumo hit glutes more by very small difference
>>36599110
yes it would be, don';t listen to anyone who's shaming you sumo is bad is not esp for ppl with long arms or torso
>>
>>36599189
From my personal experience, sumo hits my glutes far more than traditional. My ass was always no matter how much ATG squats or traditional DL's I did. It wasn't until I started doing sumos that I got significant gains.
>>
I see a lot of people at my gym doing box squats for some reason

Also so many people bounce their deadlifts or maybe they're trying to do RDLs with shit form idk
>>
>>36597897
he was using hyperbole for comedic effect
please dial down your autism sir
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>36599110
You would be better with conventional
>>
>>36597560
Sumo is for faggots. I can confirm this because I hate the one guy in my diploma who does sumo deadlifts (with a fucking rounded back. This is a qualified PT who fucking deadlifts with a rounded back.) By extension of this, obviously everyone else who does this is the same.
>>
>>36597560
I pull 325 with either sumo or conventional. sumo feels better, for a lack of a better word. It's more leg-dominant for me, so that's probably why. Just makes it easier for me to know that I'm lifting with my legs rather than my back.
>>
>>36599189
what squat did candito say was best?

high bar right?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.