[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mention getting test levels tested to doc >get shot down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: 1459363230242.jpg (81 KB, 650x559) Image search: [Google]
1459363230242.jpg
81 KB, 650x559
>mention getting test levels tested to doc
>get shot down
>asks me questions about symptoms
>im honest i dont get much of anything
>but i feel lowtest and want to get checked
>tired and so i wasnt assertive and pursuasive enough to get the paperwork
:(
>>
>>36595866
Go 'doctor shopping' until you find one who'll test your test levels and isn't a jewish currymunching affirmative action liberal faggot

Or, barring that, just go to an endocrinologist
>>
You're complaining about low test but you even said you were tired.

Get early nights
Take multi vitamins
Eat tuna
get sunlight
high intensity workouts

done because I have the same problem and this is working
>>
1) Can you get, and maintain an erection?
>>
>>36595887
I do all those, except I only eat tuna occasionally and don't take multi-vitamins (but I supplement fish oils and vitamin D3).

I don't get actual sunlight since it's winter but I do a bit of light therapy every morning, and as I said, I take D3.
>>
>>36595887
Or dont do any of this, do the opposite, go get tested, and get what you want. Then combine drugs with what he said.

Double t
>>
>>36595895
No. But I'm not crazy sex drive.

This is why it's probably all a meme, but I wanted it tested anyway. I may just got for a tester online.

I've just also been lifting a year and made nogainz. I do not build muscle very well or easily at all. I may just not eat enough though. Since my appointment in September though I gained 10kg, I think. I think I was around 70 before, now I'm 82 as of today. I went from the 60% percentile (of 'ideal' I guess, probably based on BMI) of average weight for my height to 90%. Doctor told me to be careful, don't overshoot and get "over 100%". What a gains goblin.
>>
>>36595887
>>36595904
>heh
>just b urself brahs
>you don't need TRT

Meanwhile on your average /fit/ thread

>LOL ARE YOU A FUCKING WRISTLET
>BRAH IF YOU CANT GROW A BEARD MAYBE YOU SHOULD BLAST TREN YOU FUCKING BABYFACED FAGGOT
>THOSE DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE NOOB GAINS, YOU'VE BEEN LIFTING FOR 2 YEARS ALREADY? MAYBE YOUVE GOT KLINEFELTERS LMAO
>>
You can get a referral online and have them schedule a blood test for you. All you do is show up to the lab and they draw your blood. You'll get your results emailed to you and can learn how to interpreted the results online.

Here is a link:

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lp/female-hormone-testing.php

Yes you do want the FEMALE hormonal test, it will show more of the information you need.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>36595960
Do you know how expensive this is (on average), or does it depend on the labs/docs in your area?

Also, if the results show I undeniably have low T, how do I turn the results into a prescription for TRT?
>>
>>36595960
Also here is a coupon code

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/privatemdlabs.com

Should cost you about $50
>>
>>36595979
Basically that "low test is a meme" is a meme and that there's crabs in a bucket on /fit/ who want to see some of us legitimately not make it so they don't have to face any competition or threat to their ego(s).

I could pull out some "conspiracy theorist"/"tinfoil" evidence about all the xenoestrogens in our food and water, but then someone might just chime in with "lol genetics brah"

>tl;dr: I'm getting memed on hard and I'm ready to start going nuts
>>
File: 1406981243979.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1406981243979.png
14 KB, 500x500
>>36595866
>>get shot down
americans, everyone
>>
>>36596007
Canadian actually :^)
>>
>>36595974
You go to a different doc and tell him all your systems. If you do in fact have low T, you want injectable testosterone, don't fuck around with the gels and shit they might try to give you. The gels will just raise your T enough to give you bitch tits.

If they won't work with you, you can always do your own cycles and order from napsgear but I've never tried it. If you do this, get your blood drawn once a month to monitor what your body is doing and reacting with the TRT.

You gotta be your own doctor sometimes, and this may be one of those cases.
>>
>>36596012
Write Prime Minster Weedman a letter telling him you're a stronk indypyndynt womyn who wants to transition FtM and you're being oppressed by the patriarchal doctors with their "biotruths" and "science"

>>36596022
Fuark I hate needles but this might be the only way I ever truly make it
>>
>>36596007
>>36596012
I had bloodtests for anxiety and insomnia, and my doc chucked on a testosterone check no problem.

Feels good to be in the first world.
>>
File: 1459093616059.jpg (92 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
1459093616059.jpg
92 KB, 960x480
>>36596007
>>
>>36595960
Where do they schedule it? Is it available in every country?
>>36596028
I told him I was feeling pretty dece. Which I kinda am, but I'm also on an SSRI.
>>
>>36596027
You can get such low gauge needles these days you won't feel them.

You probably aren't low T though.
>>
>>36596048
>You probably aren't low T though.
I'm pretty sure I am, because my genetix aren't THAT bad.

My dad got 18" arms and a yuge chest after lifting natty in prison in the 80's, meanwhile I'm struggling to grow a beard/moustache, my bones ache, I have no energy/a shitty mood, and I'm not even as interested in women/smut as I used to be. I cant even get angry anymore
>>
>>36596034
You take your lab requisition paper that privatemdlabs will email you to a labcorp and they'll draw your blood.

https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/findalab

I hope you're happy I'm spoon feeding you all this information.
>>
>>36596080
Not him but yes, thank you
>>
>>36596080
I'm not american
>>
>>36596109
Yeah but low T causes mental fog (idiocy) and depression
>>
>>36595866
>I'm tired
>Must be low test

Maybe instead of telling a doctor what you want tested, maybe explain your symptoms and talk about what the possible causes could be.

Physicians know what the fuck they're on about. You don't. I'm not being insulting deliberately. It's just too many people these days think they're depressed, low test, or just not blessed.

tldr: TALK TO A PHYSICIAN
>>
>>36595866
>need test to be more assertive
>cant get test cos not assertive enough kek
>>
>>36596147
I told him it was just outta interest. Which really, that's all it is.
>>
>>36596147
>Physicians know what the fuck they're on about.

bait
>>
>>36596034
Talk to your doc about switching meds.

You aren't low test. Was on Celexa for three years. It broke my pecker and muted any amount of intensity I tried to put forth in the gym.

Was put on a different non-SSRI med and have my cock-drive and intensity back. the first week off I hammered the wife and still had to jerkoff after.
>>
>>36596147
This. You need to develop a good relationship with your GP or find a new one.

I've been through the "Low Test" phase, got tested and did come back low (250ng/dl) but had no symptoms besides brain fog. Lost 100lbs, started training seriously and actually giving AF about my health/life and voila fixed. Got tested 6months ago for shits and gigs and came back at 862ng/dl.
>>
>>36596103
You're Canadian? So am I. Dual citizen tho.

>>36596080
I'm ^^^^

Canada works different then as far as I know.

Go to the doc, described symptoms, get a lab work referral, wait six months to a year because Canada.

Don't ever self-diagnose and tell a doctor what you want, you have to tell him your symptoms and guide him along until you get what you want.

Make it all sound low-t.
>>
>>36596195
>if you have low test just deal with it and don't get TRT
>your body will magically adjust if you just b urself for 6 months

Meanwhile there's guys clocking in at >1000ng/dl natty
>>
Can't you just raise your test naturally by lifting heavier and consuming food with high amounts of zinc or zinc supplements?
>>
>>36596281
Not as much of a raise as pinning test would give you
>>
>>36596204
people over 1000 natty though often get symptoms too tho.
>>36596201
Yes Canadian.
>>36596192
Getting off the Prozac.
Doc told me for April (so month pretty much), take my usual 20mg a day, then next month (May) I'm taking it every other day, so 15 pills, then after those 15 pills I'm taking 5 more, over the course of 15 days (every 3 days), then nevar take a pill again.
>>
>>36596291
Ah you're on Prozac?? Fugg man you're dicking with your brain chemistry that's why you're whining about low-t.

I guess follow what you're doctor said, but I'm sure that's a significant cause of the way you feel.
>>
>>36596204
The numbers for T are arbitrary as fuck. I'm saying you need to assess other things in your life before considering TRT seriously, as not everyone is comfortable with the life long commitment that comes a long with it.

Guys who suspect they have low T need to get checked and educated for sure, I'm simply saying there's other factors to consider. Most young men PROBABLY don't have Primary or Secondary Hypogonadism familam.
>>
>>36596281
OP again. Zinc will only increase your test if you're deficient (even mildly "counts" though). Maybe I'll try supping zinc, But I already take 8 pills each morning (2 fish oil, 5 vitamin d, 1 prozac), maybe I'll try it come sometime soon. or eat more red meat (but expensive.. But iron is good too).

I already lift very heavy. But test/GH boost from lifting doesn't do anything. Its a meme based off speculation (at least IMO, maybe it does SOMETHING, but doing deadlifts wont give you huge arms and pecs just from test and GH boost, like many believe).
>>
>>36596316
Yeah. IMO the dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (amphetamine, methylphenidate, the ADHD drugs) do more for depression and motivation than SSRIs ever would.

the problem is theyre euphoric and addictive, and depressed people especially tend to abuse drugs. so it really isnt viable. But they nit only release the "feelgoodman" neurotransmitters. They also do some stuff like stimulate neurogenesis, which helps depression. Maybe SSRIs do that to though, maybe that explains their delayed onset.
>>
That feel when im 941ng/l at 21 naturally. People think im roiding.

Don't you guys get to write what you're at the doctors for before you go there, i just wrote "want to get my testosterone levels checked", got a time 3 weeks later, walked in and the doctor had everything set up already, done in less than 5 minutes.
>>
>>36596007
kek
>>
>>36595866
just gotta be like me man, 22 year old getting hot flashes in the evening now i'm on the testosteroni train
>>
>>36598971
Prescription or self prescribed?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.