[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lean gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: EATBIG.jpg (103 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
EATBIG.jpg
103 KB, 1080x1080
What should I think about when aiming for lean gains? How much of a calorie surplus is recommended, if any? What about cardio?

I'm almost done with my cut and I'd prefer lean, if slow, gains to bulk-cut cycles. Just want to look good all year round and I'm not in a hurry to get big.
>>
Id also like to know this, im trying to lean bulk myself so any foods, tips, workouts etc are appreciated
>>
how to gain while staying as lean as possible:
>no processed food
>all carbs come from plants, no refined sugar shit
>slight caloric surplus
>no sedentary lifestyle

Theres no magic trick, its as simple as this.
>>
I stay at a ~300 calorie surplus. It's not magic, just eat a bit more. Weigh yourself every so often and adjust intake as necessary. My goal is to do this until I'm over 200lbs and then I'll decide what to do from there.
>>
>>36595130
Also I do uphill sprints as far as cardio goes. Hasn't caused an issue with growth as of yet.
>>
>>36595114
Its as simple as this, also add occasional cardio
>>
>>36595114
All of that is already obviously things I do apart from the caloric surplus. How much is "slight"? 300 for TDEE of ~2000? I also do daily LISS cardio (brisk walks) but it's easy to just adjust calories in to cover that I suppose.
>>
>>36595361
Not him, but most people aim for a surplus of 250. It depends on your routine though, you'll have to finick with it a bit. Personally a surplus of 300 is where I like to be at.
>>
>>36595361
Man I wish my maintenance was around 2,000. Gotta eat about 3700 to gain here.
>>
most people bulk inefficiently ie eating mcdonalds and shit more often, or even just eating a few unclean foods more often. you gotta realize that for maximal gains, you have be just as strict as when you cut, the only difference being a slightly increased calorie intake. eat nothing you wouldn't have on a strict cut and your body will reflect it.

most people look like shit during bulking because their diet reflects it
>>
>I'm not in a hurry to get big.
don't worry you never will
unless you start killing it
that's why if you're natty your weight should fluctuate as little as possible. bulking only works the way it's "supposed to" if you're a noob or adding more hormones to your blood
>>
>>36595832
Yeah I'm planning a clean bulk and counting calories just like on a cut, no shit food. Really don't want to put on fat after finally shedding this stubborn fat so that would just be dumb.

How much protein do I need?
>>
File: 956.gif (4 MB, 369x229) Image search: [Google]
956.gif
4 MB, 369x229
>>36595060
The name on the jug
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.