[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly makes a bulk "clean" or "dirty"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1454890928937.png (147 KB, 559x600) Image search: [Google]
1454890928937.png
147 KB, 559x600
What exactly makes a bulk "clean" or "dirty"?

Is there any middle ground?
>>
There's already an objective, clear answer to both your questions.

Not sure why you'd make an entire thread instead of just posting in a QTDDTOTT.
>>
>>36594572
to me dirty bulking is just gorging on as much food as you want whereas clean bulking is eating slightly above your maintenance and only increasing calories if necessary
>>
A dirty bulk means you're just eating a lot to hit your cal surplus without counting them. This includes junk food (pizza, burgers, cola, etc). Basically you pig out.

A clean bulk means you're strict with your calories, you count them and you eat "clean" (same as on a cut, making every micronutrient count) food such as chicken breast, veggies, etc.
>>
"clean" basically means you're still counting calories, eating healthy food, keeping control of how MUCH surplus you're getting, etc. If you get too much surplus, you may end up with more fat than you'd like.

"dirty" bulk just means the opposite, aka the proverbial "see food" diet. You see food, you eat it, with zero fucks given about how much fat you're putting on in addition to your muscle. Easier and "funner", better suited for bear mode powerlifters.
>>
>>36594582

it seemed like it make make a decent discussion and also i wanted attention because i'm lonely
>>
depends if you're autistic or not.

food is food, end of discussion.
>>
>>36594686

t. 2 weeks lifting
>>
>>36594710
make it 2 and a half
>>
>>36594686
>food is food
Not when they add preservatives, taste-enhancers, appetite-stimulants, emulsifiers etc. to it.

80% of what's sold is "food+".
>>
Heavy bulk: 500 cals above maintenance
Lean bulk: 200 cals above maintenance
Clean bulk: bulk on healthy food.
Dirty bulk: bulk on junk food/processed foods.
>>
>>36594845
>food+
Kek
>>
File: bun.png (905 KB, 632x732) Image search: [Google]
bun.png
905 KB, 632x732
Im getting maximum gains while youre failing your reps fagoet
>>
>>36595210
>175% of recommended daily value of saturated fat in one serving
>>
>>36595210
https://www.nutritionix.com/i/7-select/iced-honey-bun/55242f6c51c0ecdf2ec651b2

EIGHT
HUNDRED
AND TWENTY
CALORIES
>>
>>36595210
I only see iced. I see no bun.
>>
Dirty bulk: >600 calorie surplus, can be on 100% clean bro food
You get very strong but even fatter. Good fun if you don't care about aesthetics
Bulk: ~500 calorie surplus. You put on a small amount of fat that takes less than a month of dieting to cut
Lean bulk: any surplus <300 calories. Put on muscle slow but barely any fat, is gay though, lets get big cmon
>>
>>36595210
>Total Fat 58g
holy
fug
>>
>dirty bulk
processed food, junk food, etc...

>clean bulk
whole foods, unprocessed, plenty of vegetables

Basically, the more strict you are with you diet (clean bulk), the better your health, aestherics and bodyfat % will be. "dirty bulk" is only valid for roiders or extreme skeletons
>>
>>36595432
>"dirty bulk" is valid for extreme skeletons
The health risks of eating unhealthily aren't any less if you're extremely underweight though, are they? I mean the ideal would still be to eat clean, unless you're saying the benefit of the influx of extra calories would outweigh the risk of eating like that short-term.
>>
>>36595587

Clean bulk is always better. Unfortunately, you're gonna have a hard time hitting 4000kcal (which a roider or super skelly might aim for) with mainly lean meat and vegetables. Dirty bulk food provides more calories per portion size
>>
>>36594615
what if i eat "junk" food but count the calories?
>>
"clean" and "dirty" are meaningless terms with no useful definitions.
>>
>>36596017
lawful evil
>>
Don't dirty bulk if you are young. The potential for you pigging out and becoming a fatty will be a serious detriment come penis inspection day.
>>
>>36596106
Lol as opposed to dirty bulking when you're older so you can get heart disease? Hey yeah smart one
>>
>>36595210
holy fug

is greek yogurt clean? even with added fruit?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.