[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I only slept 4 hours last night /fit/ and just got home from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: 1455728293761.jpg (197 KB, 1004x562) Image search: [Google]
1455728293761.jpg
197 KB, 1004x562
I only slept 4 hours last night /fit/ and just got home from 8 hour work day.
Can I drink some energy drink and then go work out? Right now I don't feel like picking up anything.
>>
Dude 4 hours isn't even that bad don't be a pussy. I get 6 at most every night.
>>
Stop being a bitch, you'll live.
>>
>>36592216
>>36592226
So I guess it's a yes to downing a quick energy drink and then go lift some shit?
Or do you expect me to be manly enough to not need a redbull?
>>
>>36592250
Whatever gets you up and going breh, drink one if you want to. Personally I pop 200mg caffeine pill about 20 mins prior and that does the trick for me.
>>
>>36592200
Just dont you idiot,whats the point,you are stressing your body too much,just take a free day and dont listen to the autistic fucks telling you to go workout
>>
>>36592295
So you pussy out every time you're a little tired? That's weak.
>>
Stick to black coffee OP.
>>36592295
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>36592295
Will the stress mean I don't get any gains?

>>36592311
I don't like coffee that much, would much rather drink some of those chemical drinks.
>>
>>36592334
Don't listen to >>36592295 OP. Sounds like a failure trying to drag someone else down too.
>>
>>36592349
Yeah, I better go. I have been slacking too much lately. New girl, new job all taking up my time.
But god damn it, i'm not going to become a fat piece of shit.
I'm going to fucking bench press like Arnold today, thanks brahs.
>>
>>36592334
Will a chemical drink fuck your shit up? No. Should you learn to be good with coffee now so your macros are marginally not as shit as you go forward in life? Yeah probably senpai. But I mean that's smaller optimization shit so, your call.
>>
>>36592381
Not OP and very off topic but are energy drinks super unhealthy? I don't know where I got the idea but for some reason it's ingrained into my mind that they're basically poison.
>>
I've gotten 10 hours of sleep this week bro, just caffinate up
>>
>>36592397
Can vary around, drink per drink. Flip the can of your preferred drink over. Look at the calories. Look at the sugar. Look at the ingredient. Ask yourself if it fits your macros. If it's redbull, spoilers, it doesn't.
>>
>>36592420
Is redbull super unhealthy?
>>
>>36592200
Slept 4 hours every day for the past couple of weeks and you don't see me complaining.

Get the strongest cup of coffee you have and go at it, buddy
>>
>>36592306
>>36592311
>>36592349

WOW YOU GUYS ARE SO GOD DAMN HARDCORE!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Seriously though, you "hardcore" faggots are always the most DYEL. It's the attitude of the DYEL lol. Thinking they need to actually do all this outlandish shit to get results, when alpha genetic chads like me just cruise through life and make 100x more gains than you'll ever make taking the shit so seriously.

Fucking losers.
>>
>>36592437
It's outlandish to exercise when you're a bit sleepy? Wow anon. You're pretty pathetic. I almost suspect this is bait.
>>
>>36592437
Post body faggot.
>>
>>36592437
You're too cool for a board like this man.
>>36592426
http://www.oneresult.com/sites/default/files/u3/Red%20Bull%20Nutrition%20Facts.png
27g sugar, 28g carb, 200 mg sodium, and ingredients that I can't pronounce. And that's for a 12 oz can. You're better off with something like caffeinated tea or coffee. And even then, you're still just better off getting good rest.
>>
>>36592480
If I drink one and go lift, won't the calories I expend on lifting even it out though?
>>
>>36592200
Lemme guess. Poor baby has to warm up to lift, too. Wah. I don't fucking warm up, I don't get much sleep, and it has no affect on my training. I train 5 days a week, arms monday, leg tuesday, chest thursday, back froday and shoulder saturday and I get 12 hours of sleep total in the week. Stop worrying about it. Do you need vagisil?
>>
>>36592500
Breh he said he was gonna go, chill man no need to be rude.
>>
>>36592489
110 calories. Yeah you should burn that much off. Look, I'm only saying this shit because it's smaller optimizations to life sort of stuff. One can won't will you man, and if you lift and eat well then you live a healthy life and whatever. It's just one of those things, you could be burning off better macros instead of the redbull, ideally, but it isn't a game breaker either way.
>>
>>36592295
SHOO SHOO
>>
>>36592513
I'm trying to help him. He probably goes to the gym and warms up with the bar instead of just getting work done. Theres a right way to do stuff and there's a wrong way. sleep, warm up, and food is no issue when you're body adapts to the stress.
>>
Personally ive noticed my joints ache after energy drinks and working out. But that was fixed going sugar free. Might die a few years earlier but I'll die knowing I didn't limp through life
>>
>>36592534
I warm up with 50% of my working weight. Can I just skip this? Any reason to?
>>
>>36592517
Yeah, coffe would be better. But I don't want to drink either regularly, and I'm only doing this because I have a can from a party I threw months ago.

Gon go up stairs and do it now, thanks brehs. We're all gonna make it.

Also to all the guys bragging about not getting much sleep. It isn't cool at all and is super unhealthy. Just saying.
>>
>>36592544
A lot of people wdvocate warm ups and that's cool for them but I believe developing elite tendon heslth is more important. you do this by taxing the tendon system by not warming up. you basically lift heavy year round and max out AT LEAST once a week in one lift. I don't warm up and my body has adapted. I just drive to the gym and start with 80% of my working weight and after 2-3 sets (10 minutes) i will be at 95% of max and then i will try to max out once a week so if i maxed on bench lsst week along with the other heavy mass builders like squat and deadlift i then move to an assistance lift like barbell curl or calf raises and then max out.
>>
>>36592200
Learn about your own body and listen to it. Never let your dedication go and the rest will play out straight.
>>
>>36592582
I actually feel like shit if I get anything over 7. I feel great and energized with an even 6 hours. But good on you brother, glad we convinced you.
>>
>>36592585
Interesting. I don't have any lower intensity days and I'm constantly pushing my max up on lifts but I might try not warming up for a few sessions. Thanks for the information anon.
>>
>>36592582
there was no bragging, sir. i simply stated that sleep is overrated and I get 12 hours a week and am fine. Others here agree so you should think about science instead of broscience and understand that. if you smoke within an hour of a workout it restricts blood flow ans limits your capacity for growth. this is why i quit cigs but i started losing sleep and i realized doing a max was easier on me instead of doing lots of warm ups and volume wnd thus my system of common sense based training was developed .
>>
>>36592606
Thank you. Let me know how it goes. The key to growth is heavy heavy lifting and food. Not warm ups and sleep. if you have a fast metaoblism like me you have to eat non stop. my body burns calories non stop so it's important to eat a lot.
>>
OP here in the gym fucking bench pressing 80 kg 5x5.
Thanks brehs, we're all gonna make it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sJoLzH8gg

>take 200mg caffeine
>Put headphones in
>get in dark room
>close eyes or watch video if you like DBZ
>get pumped
>break PR's
>>
I slept 2 hours last night and broke 2 PR's today. Grow some balls princess.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.