[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Passing out while Deadlifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: passingout.jpg (116 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
passingout.jpg
116 KB, 1024x768
I almost passed out while Deadlifting:
>do squats and bench-press
>feel fine
>deadlift is next
>do first warm-up set
>feel a little lightheaded after the set, but thats not unusual for me during the first 2 sets
>second set: feel unconmortable
>maybe i should stop - no, dont be a pussi and lift faggot
>do third set, set the bar down
>get up: dizziness, lightheaded, heart is racing, have to support myself against the wall to not fall down

What the fuck happed to me? I never felt so bad before. The weight wasnt even heavy, it was still a warm-up set, but i felt uncomfortable enough to stop the workout and head home. This was about an hour ago, and i still feel a little shaky.
>>
>>36591920
you forgot to breathe
happened to me when I was log pressing once, nearly blacking out with a 200lb metal log over your head is fucking scary
>>
I know it has happened to me because I haven't been breathing properly. It might sound like fatlifter advice, but it's better to take some time between each rep and breathe properly and brace for the next rep than just rushing through your set on one good breath - At least with deadlifts, where the weight is as heavy as it is.
>>
>>36591920
Its called vasovagal reaction (just Wikipedia it) Not something you can really prevent its caused by a multitude of factors coming together. Next time if you feel light headed, just put the weights down, give it some time and try again. You could hurt yourself pretty badly, especially when squatting or when you hit your head on the rack or something.
>>
I have passed out before doing deads and had a split second of black doing ohp.

Advice given to me was to take an even bigger/deeper breath which has worked so far.
>>
>>36591920
Next time, try to not stay bend over for too long. What I mean is - catch your breath while standing up, bend over, grab the bar and pull. When you are bent over for too long the blood rushes too your head, and lack of breathing can result in passing out in those circumstances.
>>
breath breh

it feels good to hold it but not worth it.

t- guy that passed out after a deadlift and had the weight come crashing down on his hips almost breaking it.
>>
It's called a stroke. Stop eating like the fat powerlifter that you are.
>>
Man i really hope i was my breathing.
I usually make a conscious effort in breathing in and out (just like SS told me) but i might got distracted because of the stronger-than-usual lightheadedness.
>>
>>36591920
Wait for it to pass before trying to lift again, you fucking retard. What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>36591920
breath bro
>>
>>36592004
I thought you were supposed to hold your breath during the rep in order to have high intra abdominal pressure? Has this recommendation now changed to breathing out during the rep?
>>
>>36592424
>in order to have high intra abdominal pressure?
You have muscles which should activate to provide IAP, you shouldn't need to hold your breath. And from what I've read holding your breath when lifting heavy increases the pressure inside your head a lot (or the blood-flow in the brain, I can't remember the details) increasing your risk of aneurysm.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.