[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fastfood gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: errhhmm.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
errhhmm.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
okay/fit convince me why a poorfag shouldnt eat fast food for gains
hella cal, burnable fats and proteins
stupid cheap
prove me wrong
>>
>>36591173
Making your own meals is cheaper.

I just did a massive pot of chicken, veg, pasta and sauce. 6 meals for £9 of food. One maccies is £4-5 in bongoland.
>>
Is fast food really all that cheap?

I'm guessing OP is from the US but here in the UK it's way more expensive to eat fast food than to just buy and prepare your own.
>>
In the usa, clean food cost a ton more than fast-food. It's baby back bullshit
>>
Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken sandwiches are gains
>>
>>36591195
Fellow britfag here. I watch wrestling on dodgy sites and sometimes they leave in the american adverts. Almost all of them are for fast food and it's unbelievably cheap. $1 hotdogs and burgers, all you can eat for $9. No wonder you guys are even fatter than us.
>>
>>36591173
Maybe because fast food is a lot more expensive than making you own meals?
>>
Enjoy one meal a day then.
>>
>>36591173

On the run I bought 2 nugget happy meals for my kids and it cost 10 fucking $$$.

$10 would get me a gallon of milk (the meals included like 1 lousy pint), and entire bag of nuggets (about 60 versus the 12 in the meals) and leave plenty of change.

Fast food isn't about cheap, it's about lazy.
>>
File: 1459196536585.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459196536585.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>36591195
yeah OP here
fast food is stupid cheap
like the main one i get is bacon cheese burger, chicken nuggets fries and drink for $4
and the other is two quarter lbs cheese burgers for 5$
and compared to what it would cost me to make say a chicken breast with veggies (obv more healthful) i could get like 3 shit meals for same price
>>
>>36591220
what you guise dont usually take into consideration is the fact that the cost of a meal is the cost of materials + cost of the time to prepare it
if you spend an hour a day to buy food and prepare it, then it is one wasted hour a day that could be spent lifting, studying or perfecting yourself in some other way
if you enjoy cooking as a process per se, then it is ok i think, but personally i hate that shit and it feels like wasted time
so a 400kcal and 17g brotein cheeseburger for 1.20EUR looks like a good deal to me
>>
>>36591326
fuckin exactly!
i cook for money so i fuckin hate cooking
plus it takes forever and then shopping and dishes and its alllll bullshit
ill pay pedro to make me a sloppy joe
>>
File: 1455174981224.jpg (175 KB, 1200x1090) Image search: [Google]
1455174981224.jpg
175 KB, 1200x1090
>>36591208
>In the usa, clean food cost a ton more than fast-food. It's baby back bullshit

fat people actually believe this. Never gonna make it.
>>
>>36591173
it will ruin your skin
>>
It doesn't matter what you eat as long as you hit your targeted macro's.

It's why retards like Kinobody can eat shit 24/7 but use intermittent fasting combined with tracking macro's to get a good physique.

It's literally a science. Optimally there are better options (if you have the funds) but you can still enjoy yourself and indulge in shit food and look good if you track your calories and get enough protein.
>>
>>36591173
You can eat fast food if it keeps you satiated enough. On my cheat days i eat 2000 cal worth of food and im hungry an hour later. I will go over any amount of reasonable daily calorie intake and I`ll get fat as fuck is i do this every day. Burger and fries can keep some people going for hours tho.
>>
>In the usa, clean food cost a ton more than fast-food.

This has been proven incorrect so many times that it's barely worth responding too. The only people who believe fast food is cheaper are complete morons who don't know how to meal plan, shop and cook for themselves.
>>
McDouble:
Costs $1
Calories 390
Calories from fat 162
Total Fat 18g 28%
Sat. Fat 8g 40%
Trans Fat 1g
Cholesterol 70mg 23%
Sodium 850mg 35%
Total Carbs. 34g 11%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Sugars 7g
Protein 22g
Calcium 200mg 25%

Season brand sardines in olive oil 1 can
Costs about $1.55 from Amazon
Calories 312
Total fat: 24g 36%
Sat. fat: 7g 36%
Trans fat: 0
Cholest: 70mg 24%
Sodium: 220mg 5%
Carbs: 0
Fiber: 0
Sugar: 0
Protein: 24
Vitamin A: 4%%
Calcium: 8%
Iron: 4%
Omega 3: 1300

You're paying an extra 50 cents for sardines to get more protein per calorie and 0 carbs so you can use your carbs and cals to get some micro neither of these would give you. Not only that but the high sodium content of the mcdouble has a variety of negative side effects, most obvious being higher water retention which will cause you to bloat like a motherfucker.

The sardines cost 50 cents more if you walk or bike to the Mcdonalds. If you were to drive the price of the McDouble gets closer to the can of sardines or even more depending on your vehicle and the distance to the McDonalds.

That's some food with 0 prep work to eat, I'm sure something that requires a bit more prep will be even cheaper. Don't feel like comparing a mcdouble to rice&beans right now but r&b probably kicks it's shit in price wise
>>
You can, just be aware that you're adding a lot of nasty shit in your diet along with the macros
>>
>>36592558
yeah but sardines taste like ass compared to the mcdouble

also you're an idiot for still thinking salt is bad for you if you have perfectly functioning kidneys
>>
u'll get fat and fucking die
>>
Tastes like shit, no nutrients, no fiber, more expensive than buying normal shit in bulk.
>>
>>36592681
>any real food tastes like ass compared to a mcdouble

Stop eating processed shit for a while

>also you're an idiot for still thinking salt is bad for you if you have perfectly functioning kidneys

But...it is. Why do you believe consuming too much sodium doesn't have any adverse effects, even minor ones like the higher water retention I mentioned?

whatever just go stuff your stupid fucking face at mcdonalds
>>
Fast food is so cheap.
Let's say I have $20
At McDonald's I could get 20 nuggets, 5 mcdoubles, 3 large fries and 2 large drinks with apple pies.
At the store I can get one small bag of lettuce, 1lb of ground beef and a package of hot dogs, and a box of rice that would last me for one day.
>>
>>36594627
You're fucking stupid and don't know how to shop.
A lb of rice is less than a dollar.
>>
>>36592558
>Not only that but the high sodium content of the mcdouble has a variety of negative side effects, most obvious being higher water retention which will cause you to bloat like a motherfucker.
don't forget to drink your creatine!
>>
>>36594627
Both would last one day dumb fuck
>>
>take 20 dollars
>go to walmart
> 1 bag of 5lbs chicken
> veggies
> minute brown rice

Wow you now have food for 3 days fuck off Op
>>
>>36594627
lb of rice
<$1
ground beef
3-4$
hot dogs
$2
lettuce
<$2

are u retarded?

you can buy 10 lbs of chicken thighs and $10 of rice/broccoli if you wanted for that $20 vs all that garbage that is a days worth of food
>>
>>36594627
1lb chicken breasts $2
1 lb ground beef $4.50
Hamburger buns $1.50
1lb onions $0.75
Cheese $3.00
5lb potatoes $4
Whole apple pie $4
Water: practically free
Total cost: $19.75, and it will last multiple days.
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>36591195
Where are you from? I was in London 2 weeks ago and everything in the supermarkets was expensive as fuck (probably because London), and fast food and processed shit was way cheaper
>>
>>36591173

Because it is cheaper to cook your own meals. I spend somewhere around 100-120dlls each time i buy food. But it's enough food for 10-12 days, eating 5 meals a day. I think that's very cheap.

The only reason why it might be expensive in someone's eyes, is because i like to eat a lot of vegetables and fruit. But you can spend less if you go with the basics like:
Eggs
Mils
Beef
Chicken breast
Rice
Beans
Tuna
Oats
And you have a pretty plain, but cheap diet.There's no excuse. I think it is normal to enjoy fast food, and it requires a lot less effort and time, but don't lie to yourself, it's not cheaper than buying your food and cooking it.
>>
>>36591173
Wtf only rich people can afford fast food often here
>>
>>36591173
>fast food for gains
You can eat what you want for gains. You shouldn't eat fast food for health.
>>
I eat fast food everyday, but I work physically hard job, so I just use it to get my daily kcals in. Otherwise I eat quite healthy.
>>
>>36595363
Construction?
>>
>>36591173
Fast food gains don't happen. Trust me I tried for years, got fat and unhealthy, minimal muscle. Just face the music, you're addicted to the fast food and crave it.

Just try to eat as healthy as possible.
>>
>get one of those 3 for $ burritos at gorcery stores
>each one is about 300-400 calories
>10g protein
>just supplement whey to reach your daily protons

Holy fuck is there anything better for efficiency vs price?
>>
>>36591173
Go ahead and eat all th McDonald's you want .
Report progress next week
>>
>>36591270
You're wrong. You can get a pound of chicken breast and a 12 oz bag of veggies for 3 dollars, possibly less if you catch a good sale on chicken.

I buy whole chickens for 5 dollars. I can get multiple pounds of veggies for a few bucks. With less than 10 dollars, I can make high protein, healthy, cheap lunches for the week.

Buying prepared food is not cheaper than buying raw ingredients. The "fast food is cheaper than healthy home cooked meals" thing is just a meme that fat people and lazy people tell themselves to justify pulling into the drive through rather than learning to shop and cook like a useful and productive member of society.
>>
>>36591270
Wendy's 4 for 4 is legit
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.