[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a skinny guy (not as skinny as pic related; I have at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 736x981
I'm a skinny guy (not as skinny as pic related; I have at least somewhat decent body proportions) and have been my entire life. I read the sticky, but I was wondering what were some of the things skinny guys here found success in to gain weight. I already eat twice as much food as my room mates, two of which work out every day. If I just started going to the gym without changing anything, would I gain anything or just have weird skinny-muscle? Should I just eat 5 meals a day or something? Thanks.
>>
>>36590218
Fellow skinny guy who's curious as well. Bump.
>>
>>36590218
I dont comprehend your question
>>
If you are not gaining weight you will not gain muscle. Eat more and lift. When you stop putting on weight, eat even more. Continue this process and you will gain muscle. Eventually you will have gained enough fat as well that you need to cut.

Trust a former skelly, it's not magic but it is hard work.
>>
>eat twice as much food as my room mates, two of which work out every day
no you don't. i thought i ate a lot too until i tracked it
>started going to the gym without changing anything
you'd get stronger but stall soon as it'll be mostly motor unit adaptation rather than actual muscle gain. you might look a bit leaner but not much
>>
>>36590218
>I already eat twice as much food as my room mates
Seems like your main problem is that you THINK you eat a lot
>>
>>36590218
>I already eat twice as much food as my room mates
Big big mistake thinking like this. I used to do it myself for years. First of all you really have no clue what anybody else is truly eating throughout the day. Secondly nobody else is you. You need to eat as much as YOU need to eat and it has nothing to do with anybody else.
If you can't seem to gain weight even while you feel like you're eating a ton, then you need to start counting calories for a while, there's no way around it. Personally I had to go through a phase where I created a meal plan and stuck to it every day for a long time even though I was so full I couldn't sleep at night (seriously). But I gained weight and it taught me a lot about how much food you actually need to eat (or not eat, depending on goals)

As for training, focus on the basics and focus on progressive overload. Keep driving up your lifts and gains will follow.
>>
OP if you have any sense you'll listen to the guys telling you to actually count your calories and adjust your diet for what YOU need

. For all we know your room mates are 5'4 and you're 6'4.
>>
>>36590218
i went from 40 kg 150 kiddo at 14 to 80kg kg (with abs, so around 10%bf) 180cm 18 years, its kinda slow but its 2x weight
>>
>>36590218
>I already eat twice as much food as my room mates, two of which work out every day

No you do not
>>
I've been doing half gomad recently and it's helped me consistently get my calories
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.