[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /fit/ deal with insults of the past resurfacing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 690x460
In high school, I wasn't the luckiest guy but I wasn't the worse off either. I have been made fun of by girls (fuck, even butt-ugly girls) and guys alike for being short, went through a rough time with face and body acne and got shit for that too but that's been gone for years now. Don't remember how tall I was in school but I am 5'8 currently.

If you think about it, almost everyone has one or two flaws unless you are super super lucky. Anyone who has high self esteem all their life were either home-schooled and sheltered which prevented them from being bullied or teased or have superior genetics. That's why hot girls who were "ugly" in high school are nicer than hot girls that have always been "hot".

so what do you all do when you think of all the times you've ever been put down for your physical appearance? It's almost like a double insult, just thinking of the past insult, making you feel inferior or worthless again. Even when those things are gone, like my acne issues, just thinking about it makes me feel bad all over again.
>>
>Mfw this happened to me yesterday
>Thought back to 10th grade when a girl said I look like a dog with rabies
>Think about that for a while because my face is something I'm insecure about
>Been told I'm handsome all the time but that's the thing I immediately think of when I hear it
>That was 4 years ago
>Think about how far I've come since then
>The physical and facial gains
>Make about twice as much as everyone my age and still have a shitload of room to move up
>Still autistic, but give and take or whatever.
>Think about the time I got an 8/10 to fuck on the first date
>Think about the time someone took an Uber to my apartment after she got hurt by her ex and I shut her the fuck down
>Imagine myself going back to the day someone insulted me and simply saying "fuck you."
>Not showing off my life and accomplishments, because that shows that they got under your skin and you're validating yourself
>Just a simple "fuck you."

May have drifted off track in that story a couple times but my point is you just have to live and learn (inb4 rollin' around at the speed of sound) and realize that people will insult you. That shit happens. But you just have to look at whatever accomplishments you've made and always stay humble. We're gonna make it fambulance.

As for the girl, I think she joined the Navy and became a single mom. Heh.
>>
File: 1.png (654 KB, 457x586) Image search: [Google]
1.png
654 KB, 457x586
>>36587190

For me l just saw the guy who gave me shit after hitting my growth spurt (7 inches in one year) ater he came back from juvie because he was looking for me again.

>He had no idea l grew and starting Iifting with some bros and put on about 35 pounds

He finaIIy tracked me down after one of my cIasses on the way out to the parking Iot to grab Iunch and he said there was no way it was me, then he started taIking shit anyway but he was pretty bad at it and no one was Iaughing with him. His two friends kept pushing him cIoser to me teIIing him to "stop being a pussy and just fight him aIready" (him being me)

My bros backed me up (about 5 of them) pIus everyone made a circIe in the parking Iot and hated this kid because he was a compIete faggot aIways acting Iike tough shit because he once put a Iong naiI in a kid's abs Iike the pussy he is.

We ended up getting into a huge fist fight and everyone circIed around untiI it was about 70 peopIe so no one couId see in if they were more than a few feet away.

He threw the first punch, missed and l threw swing to his jaw. He immediateIy went down and l proceeded to smash the dayIights out of him and when his face was wearing my knuckIes down l smashed his rib cage in untiI it started to feeI soft and make a sIapping noise.

Everyone hated the kid so no one took me off of him. l was in a huge rage so this went on for about 6-7 minutes untiI l was basicaIIy out of breath.

l got up Iike Rocky up did some YOOO ADRlAN shit and for some reason (l stiII have no fucking idea why) decided to take my shorts off and start head banging his face aII over my sweaty cock to the lron Maiden track someone was bIasting in their father's Firebird. lt was pretty fucked but l got so into it and whipped my cock out to get it aII over his face at the end.

lt was Iike the 2 years of him shit taIking and randomIy smacking me in the back of the head and running away just came out and took over.

So yeah OP that's how l handIed it.
>>
>>36587190
Forgiveness.

Not even b8ing. Mentally forgive everyone, and move on.

It works.
>>
>>36587375
I believe that's in the "easier said than done" category
>>
>>36587190
With austere, strong, silence. I don't need to hold up the weight of my past because I'm moving forward.
>>
>>36587190
bb you just need to calm down and keep in mind that you are not your past selves.

good luck getting chill
>>
>>36587435
The past is a part of who you are. The past will always be a part of who you are.

The majority of the way people deal with conflicts and the way people view themselves stems from childhood. Yes, some can grow to have a stronger mentality but look none other than the first reply to OP. Past insults are never forgotten. They're "self-esteem scars" and can't be fully erased.
>>
>>36587322
>decided to take my shorts off and start head banging his face aII over my sweaty cock to the lron Maiden track someone was bIasting in their father's Firebird. lt was pretty fucked but l got so into it and whipped my cock out to get it aII over his face at the end.

WTF.
>>
>>36587322
See gentlemen this is what /fit/ does

N-no homo?
>>
>>36587322
Too much Halo bro. No need to teabag an unconscious opponent.

Jk. Nicely done
>>
>>36587403
Practice helps. I like the idea that forgiving is accepting that nothing can change the past.
>>
>>36587190
Just be a total sociopath and stop caring about other people. They are tools to be used and discarded.
>>
File: e0f26ce5e9_b.jpg (227 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
e0f26ce5e9_b.jpg
227 KB, 1024x683
>>36587190
we must embrace pain and use it as fuel for our journey.
>>
File: Rafiki.jpg (128 KB, 736x1040) Image search: [Google]
Rafiki.jpg
128 KB, 736x1040
>>
>>36587633
But ur not a sociopath? Sociopaths don't offer advice to people on /fit/

Sociopath try-hard more like.
>>
>>36587190
Use it. When you're about to push a new max don't just crawl up to the bar. Think about that bullshit that the asshole kid did. Mentally visualize that shit happening again and then grab the bar and smash its fucking face in.
>>
>>36587190
I'm 5'4"
People used to make fun of my height but I don't give a fuck now. I'm attractive regardless.
I'm also a nice person, and on top of that I'm smart. My height isn't even a relevant quality in defining who I am.
Some people think it's adorable, and I just go with it. Only thing that pisses me off is when someone tries to pick me up. That's when I get feisty.
>>
I used to be flat chested and I counted all the times I've been made fun of for being so. Not including middle school years cause there have been a lot of taunts, but the more specific insults I remember happened during and after high school- about 11 different people have made fun of me or made me feel inferior.

Sucks. And it's over something you have no control of either. Like a guy with a small penis, he didn't ask for it either. I ended up getting a boob job a couple years ago and ended up with pretty bad scars. Sometimes, wish I never did.
>>
>>36587586
>Practicing forgiving
>Instead of practicing boxing

Fuck that.
>>
>>36587190
I have a lot of issues of MIS behaving when I'm drunk. My solution is to not get drunk any more. I mentioned this because it seems like a thread where we discuss negative thoughts that constantly cloud our thoughts.
>>
>>36588092
That sounds terrible. Sorry to hear that. It's a dog eat dog world out there. I normally don't even sympathize with anyone online. Bullying happens, it does suck though.
>>
File: 1458775884481.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458775884481.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>36588114
Same anon. Whenever I get triggered by old shit coming up like the OP I always feel the urge to drink. I grew up in a family where basically everyone was a bitter alcoholic so that's like my natural impulse. And whenever I resist it I actually recover from it and things like that don't bug me so much anymore. Feels good man.
>>
>>36587190
I take great pleasure in denying those thirsty ass bitches.
>college
>start lifting
>ms degree
>decent paying job
>about to buy my first house
>got new car a year back or so

Every so often I go back to my home town to visit the folks. See HS people. Girls all fat single mothers, guys are all like "bro looking good nice ride, remember all the good times we had"

>no, no I don't, because you were a dick to me

Did smash one girl though, she was my oneitis in like 10th grade and had kept up pretty well with herself. That was nice for nostalgia's sake.

Feelsgoodman
>>
>>36588297
>None of this happened
>>
>5'6
>teased about balding 9th-11th grade (started buzzing it as a senior)
>chubby/fat with no muscle and enough chest fat to get called bitch tits.
>20 now and I'm happy af, in STEM major, came into my looks (I think I'm good looking) and got in good shape
Funny thing was the guy who teased me mainly was shorter than me by a bit, not nearly as smart as me, has a rat face. So I'm not really pissed anymore lol. Am happy
>>
File: 1454273589016.png (634 KB, 613x522) Image search: [Google]
1454273589016.png
634 KB, 613x522
>>36588467
this tbqh

>take great pleasure in not having sex with desirable women

but i'm sure those grapes were sour anyway right anon?
>>
>>36587190
They come back, every fucking day, at the exact moment I go to sleep and when I'm waking up. Pretty hard to deal with desu. I've tought about ending it all but I'm still here. Don't know why tho, for what purpose that is.
>>
>>36587768

>sociopaths don't do X

No true scotsman. If I'm not a sociopath then iam a major fucking asshole kek
>>
>>36588763
No, still a try-hard.
>>
>>36588637
That's sad.

Most ppl don't kill themselves because we are naturally wired to live. It's an instinct to not die and survive, even if it is pretty terrible to live. Most people have shitty lives. America, Asia, Australia, europe, doesn't matter etc.. I'm talking about the not-starving, not homeless people, but your average person. Although starving and homeless people also live absolutely terrible lives too. :-(
>>
if you're dealing w/ low level EMOTIONAL ISSUES that don't apply any more but are deeply mylenated & once remembered several associated thought or behavior patterns trigger then you need to address the problem w/ low level tools.

http://pavlok.com/hello.php
>>
>>36589107
Can't tell if you're serious with that garbage or not.
>>
File: 1388721696323.gif (103 KB, 720x278) Image search: [Google]
1388721696323.gif
103 KB, 720x278
>>36589177
The amateur trains until he succeeds. The professional trains until he cannot fail.

try it yourself 180 days free, get the facts for yourself, then criticize.
>>
>>36589292
>try it yourself 180 days free

Thank for the shiII, faggot.
>>
File: Grinman.jpg (435 KB, 600x791) Image search: [Google]
Grinman.jpg
435 KB, 600x791
>>36589438
You're welcome cocksucker
>>
>>36587190
Nobody picked on me but a few days out of the year I remember some mistakes I made in the past and I tell myself what I'm gonna do not to make those again.
>>
:-/
>>
>>36587190
>>Anyone who has high self esteem all their life were either home-schooled and sheltered which prevented them from being bullied or teased or have superior genetics.
Fuck off, this isn't true. I'm somewhat short (5'10, average here for guys is 6') and pretty average looking so no genetic jackpot. Got teased a bit in school but who wasn't, that's how kids are like. You give some and take some. Never had bad self-esteem and been pretty confident as a person since after puberty. Moved out when I was 16 and wasn't sheltered at all.

What I'm tired off is that some people assume that just because you lift somewhat seriously, you must have been bullied in school and been fat or ugly and you're lifting to repair your bad confidence. I just want a strong, healthy, aesthetic body, I don't go to the gym to get revenge on bullies.
>>
>>36588103

you can't box your memories nerd, but you can come to grips with shit in your past.
>>
>>36587375
Y should assholes be forgiven
>>
>>36589107
Dumb.
>>
>look in mirror
>"Looking good, even with the onset of hair loss"
>look at picture of me when 5
>"Damn I was an ugly kid"
>spot the same features still hidden on my adult face
>thin eye brows
>busy teeth
>red lips
>big roman nose
>turn all the lights off and drink gin

I am my own worst enemy
>>
you neither need to forgive nor confront the people who did whatever to you. having fantasies about getting back at them (however fulfilling) should remain as fantasies. just phase that person out of your life anon and live by your own standards. the sooner you let this shit go the better you'll feel.
or don't. its ye choice m8.
>>
File: 1457435416996.jpg (49 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
1457435416996.jpg
49 KB, 544x544
>>36591364
>you can't box your memories
but i can outlift them r-right? i'll show everyone who made fun of me
>>
>>36587294
Kek famalam, I was really energetic as a kid in middle school and became violent so people would often call me a rabid dog, but instead of feeling bad I'd get amused and laugh. I would feel that they were subhuman and inferior to me in every aspect, and I would revel in the hate and violence that came my way. It's hard to explain but I loved the feeling that gave me and to this day when I want to hype myself up I think about those times and how alive I felt.
>>
>>36587190
Never really got insulted because I must have been normal looking, so I must have just blended in and got ignored as a 6'3" 170 skellington.

Still the same. At 6'3" 220. Still just blend in. Still ignored. Whatever.
>>
>>36587294
>But you just have to look at whatever accomplishments you've made

Alright so that may work for you.

I however am a fucking loser omega kv who's never had any friends, rarely if ever does anything social, has only ever worked shitty retail jobs, and the only accomplishment in my entire life is losing 150lbs so I can be just-barely-not-obese enough to join the military.

Kind of hard to have self confidence when you're a fucking loser.

>tfw people in your college english class praise you for writing something inspirational in response to a writing prompt of the day thing your teacher makes you respond to every day
>tfw you literally get angry because deep down you know no one would ever really praise you for anything, they're actually all just laughing at you
>and even if they are being sincere, that means they're terrible judges of character, which is somehow even worse

JUST
>>
I think about it everyday. Otherwise I wouldn't find motivation to lift. I still get called small and skinny a lot (I'm 178cm 73kg) . I usually just laugh it off and ask if they want to tag along to the gym or my boxing. Usually they shut up after that. I'm not that strong or good at boxing but I'm better than the guys making fun of me.
>>
>>36589465
he'll mongle your cock!
>>
>>36588637
>Ending it because some kids said mean words

Nigga what
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.