[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did /fit/ start lifting, and why do they still lift today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: lifting.jpg (72 KB, 1500x788) Image search: [Google]
lifting.jpg
72 KB, 1500x788
I'll be honest, I originally started lifting as a horny 17 year old to appeal more to girls.

Almost 4 years later, I lift for myself.
I lift because it has become second nature to me.
I lift because of the way it makes me feel: just me, my body, and improving/maintaining it.
I lift because, unless I have gone to the gym that day, there is too much energy inside of me to fall asleep.
>>
>>36585105
depression
>>
>>36585105
I started lifting around november of 2014 because i got struck by a chronic possibly debilitating disease.

And now i squat 440, deadlift 485 and bench close to 3pl8, and ill keep going. I like feeling strong and capable, complete opposite of what you'd expect from someone wtih this disease.

Should be good for 465ish squat by now, and possibly 505 deadlift. 315 should be within reach in 3-4 weeks.

So yea, for myself basically.
>>
In high school because I wanted play football. I'm lucky I didn't snap my shit up since my "strength coach" was some faggot with a English degree who has us lift weight "any way you can bro" so basically no form on anything.

I still lift today because I'm in the millitary and it's basically mandatory. Also I look good I'm 100 lbs heavier than I was in high school
>>
>>36585775
Teach me your ways. Been bullshitting for years now. I look like I lift to normies but can never close in on numbers like that.
>>
Dad had a heart attack when he turned 50.

Learnt that every male on my dad's side had a heart attack at 50.

He was the first to not die, though he was incredibly lucky-- he had a heart attack in front of an EMT, two blocks away from his hospital.

I don't want to die when I'm 50. I don't even want to have a heart attack. Fuck genetics.
>>
>Started
To look good basically.

>Today
Out of habit. Can't imagine not lifting but since I suck at it it doesn't make me very happy.
>>
I started at 16 y/o when I was friendzoned by my crush at hs at the time was too beta. Found the Redpill, got angry, dropped the bitch, bitch is now a cosplayer/weeb/LGBT bitch.

Now, I'm just lifting because I'm still small and will never be big as I want to be. Also gained more self-confidence.
>>
File: expanding too fast.jpg (110 KB, 480x321) Image search: [Google]
expanding too fast.jpg
110 KB, 480x321
>>36586971
Bro are you me? Same exact thing happened to me.
Although friendzone isn't real desu, you just weren't good enough for her then.

Whatever, glad you're more confident now.
We're both gonna make it my dude
>>
>>36586971
>>36587069
Red pill is cringe but whatever gets you started.

Focus on self improvement. Develop skills and hobbies.
>>
>>36585105
Needed a hobby and didn't like looking like a skinny child. P simple really lads.
>>
Cause I cannot find any hobby enjoyable except lifting, and also vidya, and I'm probably going to end up a fat power lifter within the next year or so.
>>
Started lifting because I was fat and unhealthy.

That was 14 months ago, managed to loose 85 lbs and appear human now.
I'm 185 at 6'0 and body still looks like shit but what ever.

Now I need to lift and run or else I binge eat on garbage. It seems that the only thing that keeps my diet on point is knowing I ran or lifted earlier in the day, like I don't want to waste the effort, but that mentality flies out of the window on a rest day.

Probably not gonna make it.
>>
14. I was a scrawnny ass kid and my brother who weight lifted used to beat my ass alot. Lifted on and off from 16-21. Wish i would of stuck to it but whatever. Started lifting again a few weeks ago after a year off
>>
>>36585457
this.
>>
File: 1453919471656.jpg (133 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1453919471656.jpg
133 KB, 600x400
>>36585105
>Why did I start
To become a JoJo
>Why do I still lift
To become a JoJo
>>
>>36585775
Work on that bench, family.
>>
File: OldJosephAnime.png (546 KB, 436x586) Image search: [Google]
OldJosephAnime.png
546 KB, 436x586
>>36588148
Same.
I hope to one day have the glorious body of an old man.
>>
File: adada.png (220 KB, 313x527) Image search: [Google]
adada.png
220 KB, 313x527
i lift because it's my fate
i don't believe in free will
>>
>>36588075
You shut the fuck up right now.
You got a hell of a lot farther than you give yourself credit for, you defeatist faggot.
We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>36588002
What are some more good hobbies other than lifting I can get into?
>>
I lift to be as big and strong as i can possibly be
>>
>>36588280
Something active where you can also kinda show off your gains. Rock climbing is pretty good and will help you with grip strength on deadlifts. Hiking is also good for cardio while also appearing to be adventurous.

Or you could push to be creative in some way. Reading books, painting or drawing, anything like that.
>>
>>36585105
Only way I can get stronger to lift these heavy ass feels.

>You're gonna carry that weight.
>>
At first I lifted for girls. I wanted to be sexy and desirable.

Now I lift for a fictional rabbit and to be stronger than I was before.
>>
>>36588222
Thanks m8, made me feel a bit better.

And nice trips
>>
Started to lift in order to get laid

Now I do it because I wanna be a big strong monster
>>
I started lifting in 2012 because I wanted to play and be successful in high school sports. I now lift because I hate myself and what I have become. I used to be a self-confident, mentally healthy individual, but now I am a shell of who I used to be. I hate myself, I was sexually abused in my last relationship and I don't even view myself as a man anymore. I can't wait for it all to end.
>>
File: image.gif (56 KB, 300x356) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
56 KB, 300x356
>>36585105
To combat depression and rage and to protect my family, initially from the possible threat of my verbally abusive dad...
>>
>>36589013
What happened anon
>>
People will like me if I can deadlift a million pounds.
>>
>>36589013
Abuse story?
I haven't popped a boner in a while.
>>
>>36585105
I started because I was getting picked on, I continue because lifting feels good, and I want to be a big guy 4 u
>>
I started lifting as a surprise for my girlfriend at the time lol
>move across country for work
>plan to rejoin in san francisco in 3 months to sail to panama
>decide to put on some mass so she won't call me skinny anymore
>3 weeks later she's no longer answering my texts
>suggests an open relationship
>I call it, we're clearly not gonna last
>break up on christmas eve
>throw myself into lifting
>go partial cocoon mode for a year, have a hard time getting over her
>hook up with a handful of girls but it never feels the same
>work, eat, sleep, lift, repeat

Now here I am, 35 lbs heavier and a zillion times more secure and confident. Recently met a waifu-tier QT who fucks like an animal and says I look like a model

>th-thanks /fit/
>>
>>36585105
I got some blood tests done and it came out that my immune system was shit and I was infected with a lot of random bacteria.

Then I realized that my sleeping and eating habits were shit and they were causing all my health issues.

So yeah, I started to lift to be healthier.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.