[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Natural Stone Lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
What is your thoughts on this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDsOofAG10U

Forgot link
>>
>>36584283
Lifting for poor people it's 2016 you Luddite
>>
The only reason to do this would MAYBE be if you can't afford a gym membership.

Otherwise a waste of fucking time and you'd probably look dumb.
>>
>>36584283
kek he does this at tempe town lake? I should go check it out
>>
>>36584301
it would wind up being more expensive doing that everyday cuz stone work makes u go through gloves like crazy
>>
LMAO only 1 ROCK!!1!
>>
cool event and I'd love to give it a go but of little utility in a normal training routine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3MqjD4aMI
>>
It rocks
>>
>>36584283
Picking heavy shit off the ground gives you a thick back.

What's not to love.
>>
>>36584283
Meh seems gimmicky and reminds me of the sandbag training.
>>
looks like itd be easy to snap your shit up
>>
>>36584283
Why would you do this weird shit instead of just talking your ass to a gym?
>>
>>36584641

I hope you die
>>
>>36584283
That rock looks light as shit. If you wanna lift stones, there are Atlas stones for that very purpose.
>>
>>36584641
get a load of this guy
>>
>>36584371
XD
>XD
XD
>>
>>36584283
>lift heavy boulders above heady every day
>inevitably drop one because the surface is a wide smooth stone with no real place to grip it
>die

I don't get it. We aren't living in Sumer, why the fuck wouldn't you use barbells and dumbbells? Rocks are objectively shit.
>>
>>36585211
To develop natural, functional strength?
>>
>>36584283

I throw boulders in the sea every so often. You can really feel it activating a bunch of shit you don't get regular lifting. It's real hard to lift a boulder the same weight as your heaviest deadlift. Makes your forearms thick as cream.

I killed a mouse once though.
>>
>>36585612
what are you stupid?
>>
A healthier and natural alternative to lifting iron, which is refined and chemically treated from mined ore.
>>
>>36585640
You must really suck at deadlifts
>>
File: Untitled.png (81 KB, 816x460) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
81 KB, 816x460
>>36585640
>"I killed a mouse once though"
fucking what
>>
>>36585812

A little one. Must have been a baby or something ran across my hand when I hoisted a boulder and I freaked out and dropped it. Crushed it into mush. Must have been just trying to get home and now he's dead.
>>
>>36584334
>gloves

Get on dat rhino skin bb
>>
I used to build rock walls and pathways. Some of the stones and boulders used were too heavy for even 3 guys so we had to use a bobcat.

Honestly if that's all you do all day you're going to be dyel.

Just go to the gym like a normal person.
>>
>>36584283
A sandbag would be better, easier to load and you could do it in your backgarden without looking too much like a twat.
>>
>>36585855
Such is life
>>
>>36584283
Natural stones are pretty cool, they show up as a strongman event from time to time. Obviously it's something you'd do a couple times a month and not the bulk of your training.
>>
>>36584283
>"hey are you that weird guy that squats rocks?"
>>
>>36585591
exactly what i was thinking as i imagined a boulder bench press
>>36585612
what the fuck is natural strength, and is all strength not functional?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.