[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ eat for snacks? I eat baby carrots.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_1079.jpg (101 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1079.jpg
101 KB, 1280x853
What does /fit/ eat for snacks?
I eat baby carrots.
>>
Same. Easy as fuck and 1 dollar for a bag at Aldi
>>
File: 1402120334121.jpg (67 KB, 980x733) Image search: [Google]
1402120334121.jpg
67 KB, 980x733
quest chips and QUEST bars bitch
>>
>>36584114
Everything+hummus.
Fruit
Quark
Beef Jerky

That's it.
>>
File: fritos-flavor-twists-bbq41013.jpg (161 KB, 425x650) Image search: [Google]
fritos-flavor-twists-bbq41013.jpg
161 KB, 425x650
just fuck up my cut senpai
>>
>>36584114
I do IF so that there is not room for snacks.

Anyway, eating carrots right now before meal.
>>
>>36584114
You're going to win a trip to the hospital and/or grave if you keep eating carrots everyday.
Especially in those amounts.
>>
>>36584114

Water. :c
>>
Cottage cheese hummas dip and multi grain nachos.

Instead of being sparing with the dip you like as much as you can on per chip. Satisfying crunch and filling af with some decent protons.
>>
Mixed nuts + small handful of chocolate chips in a bowl
Shit is delicious and has an incredible fat/protein ratio
>>
File: bolthouse-tetra.jpg (101 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
bolthouse-tetra.jpg
101 KB, 275x300
>>36584215
I eat about 4 bags a week, which are a bit less the size of my palm, each.
>>
>>36584215
Why?
>>
>>36584433
>>36584465

Seriously, cut down a bit on those carrots (and I'm saying this as a fucking carrot lover).

Carrots are extremely rich in vitamin A, and it's rather easy to give yourself a hypervitaminosis.

Early symptoms include your skin turning somewhat orange. Later symptoms include having your life fucked up.
>>
>>36584484
>skin turning somewhat orange

Wait, is that unhealthy?
>>
>>36584114
snacks are for fatties that needs food 24/7.
>>
Sunflower seeds are amazing
muh healthy fats
>>
File: youwotm8.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
youwotm8.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>36584484
>ur skin'l turn orange
>ur life'l be fugged up
>>
>>36584484
Symptoms include:
(excessive consumption)
nausea
irritability
anorexia
vomiting
blurry vision
headaches
hair loss
muscle pain
weakness
altered mental state

(chronic problems)
dry skin (and it turning orange)
dryness of mucous membranes (eyes, mouth, nose, etc)
fever
insomnia
bone fractures
anemia
diarrhea

The pr4oblem of vitamin A is that it's fat soluble, which means it will be stored in your fat deposits, so a higher chance of toxicity exists when comparing with other vitamins.

Symptoms should stop when the higher than normal dosage intake is stopped or reduced.

Now, for the funny part about carrots. They have a shitload of beta-carotene, which is mostly vitamin A. Vitamin A also exists in abundancy in other vegetables and foods (livers, sweet potato, brocolli, butter, spinach, pumpkin, cheese, eggs), so by eating a shitload of carrots on top af a healthy diet is a nice way of "overdosing" on vitamin A.

You should eat less than 250g of carrots a week.

Those bags are what, 150g each?
>>
>>36584114
So you eat babies?
>>
File: 1457041991169.jpg (234 KB, 674x654) Image search: [Google]
1457041991169.jpg
234 KB, 674x654
>>36584114
I eat cocks
>>
>>36584592
You can also develop chronic symptoms without most of the "excessive consumption" symptoms appearing.

The worst is the fatigue/muscle pain plus bone weakening, which will fuck you up.

Alcohol consumption with very high vitamin A intake leads to very quick liver diseases, much quicker than a heavy drinker.

There have been cases of cerebral tumours developing, but the connection to high vitamin A intake is not thoroughly connected, so you can be rather safe regarding that.

tl,dr: low consumption of vitamins is bad, but overconsumptions is many times worse. Example: vitamin A.
>>
>>36584592
>"High intake of provitamin carotenoids (such as beta carotene) from vegetables and fruits does not cause hypervitaminosis A, as conversion from carotenoids to the active form of vitamin A is regulated by the body to maintain an optimum level of the vitamin. Carotenoids themselves cannot produce toxicity."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

Idiot
>>
>>36584676
>wikipedia
>no sources
The rest of the article is fine though.
>>
File: 333.png (104 KB, 1379x767) Image search: [Google]
333.png
104 KB, 1379x767
>>36584692
>no sources
k
>>
>>36584735
That sentence doesn't have any source, retard.
Like I said, the rest of the article is fine.

Choke on those carrots if you like, I don't care. I was just trying to help.
>>
>>36584757
Don't respond to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>36584777
I usually eat natural yoghurts (with no added sugar) and water as snacks.
>>
>>36584813
Post ass
>>
>>36584484
Carrots are full of vitamins, minerals and fibers that are good for your health. But eating too many carrots can bring in too much beta-carotene the molecule responsible for carrots' bright orange hue and a precursor of vitamin A. This can lead to excess blood carotene which can discolor the skin.

Known as carotenemia, the condition occurs because carotene is a fat-soluble molecule. Excessive quantities of it tend to accumulate in the outermost layer of skin, resulting in yellow- or orange-pigmented skin, particularly in the palms, soles, knees and nasal area.

Although carotenemia occurs mostly in infants when they are fed too much pureed carrot baby food, it can occur in adults as well. In a case report published in The Journal of Dermatology in 2006, a 66-year-old woman's skin turned yellow-orange after she took too many carotene oral supplements. One cup of raw chopped carrots has about 15 mg of carotene, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Nutrient Database, so you'd need to eat half a cup of chopped carrots every day for months, in order to turn to her shade of yellow.

Despite such dramatic outward appearance, carotenemia is a mostly harmless condition and it is often reversible.
>>
Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNAnW6asWEQ
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.