[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well whoever it was that replied to me in the thinspo thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: ownmaand.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ownmaand.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
Well whoever it was that replied to me in the thinspo thread on /fa/, I have considered what you said, and it would probably be in my best interest to get fit.

At the moment I'm waiting on a broken wrist to heal, so I wouldn't be able to lift anything for 3 weeks minimum. What else could I do in that time while I wait?

Since I woke up I've threw away all the junk food in my kitchen, gave my cigarettes to a homeless dude, and read part of the sticky to avoid asking dumb questions.

Just wanted to thank you for making me realise I don't want to be a skelly all of my life.
>>
Post ass
>>
>>36582703
Keked audibly.
>>
>>36582703
Nah I'm not a grill
>>
Start maintaining a regimine, gym is important but you need to stay healthy the other 22 hours of the day too.

For starters begin/keep maintaining a sleep schedule, 8 hours if possible.

To help get off of cigarettes, start going for brisk walks/do some light cardio. This will accomplish two things, one get your poor lungs used to strain again, two you will get hungrier than usual.

Ontop of that start planning meals, ensure that you have both the time as well as the means to eat properly. Diet is very important.

Finally: stay on the wagon!

There is no substitute for consistency, if you aren't disciplined, fix that.

Motivation will only get your skinny ass so far.
>>
File: 1450822321295.jpg (189 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450822321295.jpg
189 KB, 640x480
>>36582733
So?
>>
>>36582793
This
>>
>>36582625
1) be consistent with your routine/diet. Some rest, a cheat meal or a couple drinks won't hurt you but do resist temptations.
2) practice good form on the lifts you perform, no ego. Stay away from injuries.
>What else could I do in that time while I wait?
Cardio only, really. Even squats put some load on the wrist.
>>
>>36582625
Couldn't you have given the food to the homeless and throw the cigarrets away?

Goddamn it.
>>
File: 1453825536959.gif (160 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
1453825536959.gif
160 KB, 500x720
>>36582793
It's fairly easy for me to stop/start something if I really want to do it, and I'm currently at the age where some strictness will be beneficial for my young adult life so I don't want to wait any longer.

I'll start a sleep and meal schedule for the next few weeks as I have lots of spare time.

Is there any links to a good regime suited for my height and build, or will it not matter so much once I start? 5'11 and 70kg so not even skinny, and my quads are better than average from riding my bmx to school for 5 years.
>>
>>36582940
I bought him a nice sandwich from pret with the money I normally use to buy cigarettes, I doubt he had access to a kettle and some cutlery to eat 12 packs of super noodles anyway.

>>36582849
Probably the worst part of my body so nah.

>>36582915
Once I start work again it'll be easy to follow a routine, it's only when I have no responsibilities I tend to go off the rails.

I'm quite sure I practiced bad form when I went to the gym with an old mate, he would make the routine with what he knew from ""researching"". Shit like arm day, leg day, back day, etc. So no doubt he showed me the wrong techniques for everything. Is there any good YT accounts with good form techniques without the fella being an obnoxious prick?
>>
>>36582985
>Is there any links to a good regime suited for my height and build, or will it not matter so much once I start? 5'11 and 70kg so not even skinny
Doesn't matter what routine you do, just make sure you hit every muscle group 2-3 times a week, do heavy compounds (squats, deadlifts, bench, ohp, dips, chinups). For links, read the sticky. I recommend candito's linear UL program, google it.
>and my quads are better than average from riding my bmx to school for 5 years.
Squats will quickly humble you, don't worry.
>>
>>36582985
If you're a novice to lifting just go for a novice program, you have to lift the maximum amount on them so you don't have to worry it won't be for you, you're not a speciql snowflake.

Also, ankle injury does not matter for bench press, rows and many other lifts.
>>
>>36583090
>Is there any good YT accounts with good form techniques without the fella being an obnoxious prick?
CANDITO
A
N
D
I
T
O
Alan Thrall is ok too. Oh and Mark Rippetoe of course.
>>
File: 1424105643484.png (114 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1424105643484.png
114 KB, 1000x1000
>>36582625
SS + GOMAD faggot. Lift heavy, eat big, sleep and grow.
CMON
>>
>>36583325
Are those watermelon shorts? kek
>>
>>36583378
Why yes, they are indeed.
>>
>>36583103
Alright well I'm nearly done with the sticky, will look up the program afterwards.

Have experience with squats and the extreme jelly legs walking down 5 flights of stairs, although it did start feeling good rather than bad after workouts eventually.

>>36583118
Slightly novice, know the basics I guess. But don't consider myself a special snowflake in any way haha, don't worry.

Is a broken wrist, scaphoid to be precise. Needed open reduction internal fixation & a bone graft operation on it, in the final 3 weeks of recovery hoping for the best.

>>36583123
Made a note of them all thanks.
>>
>>36582733
Show us your ass

>n-no h-homo
>>
>>36582733
Welcome to fit
>>
>>36583707
NAH M8
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 219x230
>>36582625
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.