[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here lifts for the lord?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: muhlord.jpg (25 KB, 256x350) Image search: [Google]
muhlord.jpg
25 KB, 256x350
>2016
>not lifting to glorify God lmaooo

Sorry pal you're never gonna make it if you don't.
>>
I do b/c the way I see it God could have made me a vegetable or a spastic or something. Instead he gave me a reasonably athletic body so I figure I should celebrate by seeing what its limits are.
>>
>>36580505
amen brother thank you
be blessed
>>
>current year
>believing in any organised religion
>not being able to have your own POV of the universe
>>
>>36580547
we got an enlightened one over here fellas
>>
>>36580547
not ashamed of my lord and savior
to each its own bruh
>>
>>36580505
Sorry, I don't believe in God. I tried to believe ironically, sort of like supporting Donald Trump on the internet ironically, but didn't work out.
>>
>>36580590
his own
not its own
>>
>>36580598
Sorry I wan't sure of your preferred pronoun
>>
>>36580522
God gave me an allergic, lactose intolerant weakling, lanklet body. Not even mentioning the problems with concentration and possible skin cancer.

God made me like this. He did it to test me, because life is not about being happy all the goddamn time.

I can not deny what I am. Never worked out. I am a believer. (I think)
>>
>>36580547
> currently year
> too encumbered by societal norms that you can tell the difference between spirituality and religion

I know kids like you, not an original thought in your head.
>>
>>36580639
> This life is a test

Spot on brotha, and you'll pass with flying colors. See you in heaven someday. Can't wait to hear about your life mang. You seem strong.
>>
>>36580611
saying is his own, regardless of who you're talking to.
>>
>>36580522
This. I've done a lot of work with handicapped people and thank God every day that I have a fully-functioning body and mind. To show my gratitude, I wanna do the most them that I can, and use those abilities to help those who need it
>>
>>36580662
thanks yous for taughting my self how to wrote
>>
File: file.png (980 KB, 735x715) Image search: [Google]
file.png
980 KB, 735x715
>>
>>36580644
>that's why I said organised

The existence of god is obviously possible. It's arrogant to think you know all the answers to the universe though. No one does.
>>
>>36580721
Fair enough. Too many people are shitting on religion when there is a clear difference between a set of spiritual beliefs and using an organization to suck resources out of and brainwash people.

Not trying to pretend I have all the answers Neff, but I am convinced of the existence of a higher power.
>>
>>36580505
I lift for god and that god's name is anon
>>
File: BASED VLAD.jpg (67 KB, 1103x268) Image search: [Google]
BASED VLAD.jpg
67 KB, 1103x268
>>36580505
To start a glorious Crusade for the glory of God.
>>
>>36580836
crusades when lad???
>>
Does anyone find bodybuilding sinful? It's really a vain pursuit. Lifting for general health is one thing, but bodybuilding can turn you into a narcissist.
>>
>>36581004
you're going to hell for liking how you look

boy, sign me up to your religion bud. sounds swell.
>>
>>36581004
no bud

it's sinful if you do it for vanity and pride

not if you're doing it to glorify god

> 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
>>
>>36581004
>1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

Do you even bible ?
>>
>>36581024
christianity wasn't always so cucked and it doesn't mean every believer is a cuck

>BUT IF GOD KILLD POPLE HOW CAN HE BE GOOD? I DONT BELIEVE IN THAT GAWDD!!!

shoo shoo edgelord
>>
>>36581031
>>36581033
Boys, I put for general health. You have to admit it's easy to get obsessed with how you look when you start lifting.
>>36581024
Good one! Top kek!!!
>>
dude eat my body lmao
>>
>>36580721

>It's arrogant to think you know all the answers to the universe though. No one does.

Nah, we are the universe, and do have all the answers.

it's all the true answers can easily get lost in a flood of false ones and illusions. but on the flip side, the truth is actually very obvious.

>>36580505

I don't lift for God. God doesn't need me to lift or fight for God or whatever. I lift, and beg God to not make my future one where I snapped my back lifting and am stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.
>>
But Christianity is bullshit. Maybe there is a higher power, and I really hope so, but it's not the god of christianity.
>>
File: 1446774251501.jpg (484 KB, 752x950) Image search: [Google]
1446774251501.jpg
484 KB, 752x950
>>36580505
God is good and I hope to one day fully follow His will.
Bless all of you and have a great workout.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/swoleacceptance/

my church is always willing to accept new cultist
>>
>>36581175
Why can't it be the God of Christianity?

Or let me rephrase it, what about the Christian God has you so convinced that it can't exist but another God could?
>>
Mandatory viewing brehs

god bless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze18bdmRwEA
>>
>>36580505
I lift because of an essentially Aristotelian conception of virtue. So if I was a Scholastic, I may very well translate that into some sort of lifting to glorify God, in that I would be actualising (part of) my human essence as given by God.
>>
File: post.jpg (517 KB, 555x802) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
517 KB, 555x802
You must take moral inventory
>>
Yes, God gave me a healthy body and I should be thankful for his gift and do everything I can to take care of it.
>>
File: Perun-Slavic-God.jpg (103 KB, 500x744) Image search: [Google]
Perun-Slavic-God.jpg
103 KB, 500x744
>>36580505
I lift so I won't be a skinnyfaggot, living with his mommy, having daddy issues, hanging out with degenerates, weak homo communist kike like him.

Thank you. ALL HEIL MIGHTY PERUN
>>
>>36580707
>show me the whey

My fuckin sides are now in heaven with Jesus
>>
>>36581044
God destroyed one of his most devout believers' lives, sent ruin and plagues to his property, himself and his family, killed all his livestock, made him blind and diseased and crippled, killed all his family, kept this up for years to the point where the guy was literally praying to god to let him die so the suffering would stop, did not answer his prayers, then sent him straight to hell because his friends thought god was injust. Job himself never thought God injust, just cursed the day of his birth. Faggot burned for eternity anyway lmao.

All because of a bet with the devil. Look up Job, the pre Westminster Confession version.
>>
File: 1424211198842.jpg (433 KB, 739x1098) Image search: [Google]
1424211198842.jpg
433 KB, 739x1098
>>36580505
I do
>>
Idiot
>>
>>36580505
bless you, my brother.
>>
>>36584071
slava!
>>
I do. God made me and I'm going to be the best me I can be to praise him. The human body is perfection
>>
>>36580505

Cool idolatry bro
>>
>2016
>not lifting for the one true lord Satan
literally never going to make it senpai
>>
The Catholic church is an accident.
>>
>>36585487
Do have a verse for that? I can only find where Job was pleading to go to Sheol so his suffering would end. Not that God sent him to hell.
>>
>>36580547
>he fell for the atheism meme
>>
>>36586686

He's talking about some non canon version of Job bullshit.
>>
>>36580547
>when you think you havr to be religious to believe in the lord

Found him
>>
Loft for my lord and savior
>>
>>36586825
Ah. I was confused bc the story of Job is pretty inspirational.
>>
>>36580505
I don't lift for the lord

because I'm on a bodyweight program! Christ be with you all. I'll say a prayer for everyone's sucess tonight

>we're all gonna make it
>>
File: odinn.jpg (1 MB, 1832x1762) Image search: [Google]
odinn.jpg
1 MB, 1832x1762
> Current Year - 1100
> Not lifting to honor your ancestors and the Aesir.

I know you watch over me
Father of all the past
And all that will ever be
You are the first and the last

The watcher of all that lives
The guardian of all that died

The one-eyed God way up high
Who rules my world and the sky

Northern wind take my song up high
To the Hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to di
>>
>>36581031
>The bible
you know that's a shitty jewish meme right?
>>
>>36586825
>Canon
what is your religion, Dragon Ball?
>>
File: dieu le roi patch.jpg (7 KB, 183x300) Image search: [Google]
dieu le roi patch.jpg
7 KB, 183x300
praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ
may he make our lifts ever stronger
>>
>>36581561
Because you can prove Christianity wrong everywhere, It's impossible to do miracles therefore it's impossible for the Bible to be true Therefore Christianity is false. Here's a question for you, Why SHOULD it be a Christian god instead of a Jewish, Islamic or anything else ever? Prove the gods of Egypt false to me. That's what you sound like
>>
piece be with u ay
>>
>>36585553
We all know it's bait we're just having fun
>>
>>36587340
>Why SHOULD it be a Christian god instead of a Jewish, Islamic

You do realise it's the same God right?
>>
>>36587367
No not really. They're based off the same stuff, but the comparisons end there. That's why there are different religions you know? Hmmm strange
>>
>>36580505
I do
>Sometimes forget to pray before I eat
>Feel bad when I forget
>>
>>36587497
you'll never make it
>To heaven
>>
>>36587449
If not b8, Google abrahamic God
>>
i dont pray to God to give me a lighter burden,
and i dont pray to God for broader shoulders
God helps those who help themselves,
so i decided id broaden my shoulders myself.
>>
>>36580547
well memed
>>
File: CelCeQWW4AA3DEe.jpg (65 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CelCeQWW4AA3DEe.jpg
65 KB, 600x800
If I get a woman like Yuka then I'll believe in God.
>>
When i'm struggling to get the weight up, I imagine God spotting me, giving that extra push to help get it up.
>>
Love you bros.

Although I believe in our Creator from a purely spiritual angle, this thread makes me happy to know I share this board with believers.

Stop fapping.
>>
>>36580639
>God gave me an allergic, lactose intolerant weakling, lanklet body. Not even mentioning the problems with concentration and possible skin cancer.

I hope he made you infertile too, we don't need you shitting up the gene pool
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.