[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you thinking about to push you when you're lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: f50.jpg (36 KB, 520x347) Image search: [Google]
f50.jpg
36 KB, 520x347
What are you thinking about to push you when you're lifting heavier than ever before and fighting the pain? What thoughts are going through your head during that primal moment? Are you thinking about the chicks you want to fuck? Showing up the people who've never believed in you? Or just the badass and better person that you're going to become? Or is it something else altogether?
>>
I don't think of anything, i just concentrate on my muscles...like if im benching and its getting tough i concentrate on my pecs/tightening my stomach/planting my feet. same with deads,ohp, etc..
>>
I chant the heart sutra in my head, and out loud sometimes
>>
"Grow, grow, grow..."
>>
>>36579852

I pretend I'm training to over power men in their own homes to 'have my way' with their girlfriends/wives/daughters. It gets me so fired up.

Especially when someone asks me to spot them in between my sets. They don't realize they are fueling my next set. Yeah bro. I'll spot you.

>That one time 2 months ago when some girl asked me to spot her to 1RM 0.5 plate bench...
>she unknowingly thanked a monster
>broke PB very next set
>>
Bump. Interested to see what motivates others
>>
File: 1387824655586.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
1387824655586.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>>36580027
>>
>>36579852
I just listen to videogame and film soundtracks in the gym. I'll imagine myself as a generic rank n file grunt from whatever universe I happen to be listening to at the time. Since I'm autistic this works very well and I often get goosebumps listening to for example, Killzone or Halo OSTS.
>>
I'm pretty simple with my thoughts

>No pain no gain
>What's the point of coming this far if you won't follow through?

I also just think back to why I lift, what I was before I lifted
>>
>>36579884
same, if im doing deads i focus on keeping my lats tight and spreading the floor with my feet, otherwise my form goes to shit and i fail miserably.
>>
>>36579852
If you have time to think about those girly things while lifting, you ain't lifting hard enough.
>>
File: 1459331311277.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459331311277.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>36579922
>>
>>36579884
This. I just focus and observe my body, something like reaching nirvana.

> that feel when high after heavy deadlifts
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.