[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel a lot of tension on the circled area throughout the day.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: JUST.png (2 MB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
2 MB, 1440x2392
I feel a lot of tension on the circled area throughout the day. Sometimes it gets painful too. When i lift, the discomfort usually goes away, however i feel some pain when i retract my scapula or do exercises that target the traps. The only thing that makes the tension stop is twisting or hyperextending my upper back. I have stopped lifting for a while but i dont think it is getting better. Has anyone had a similar injury?
>>
>>36579507
Yeah. I have the exact same problem. In the exact same spot. It hurts almost every day for me. Has for years.

I've tried stretches. They do nothing. I went to a doctor and got an X-ray done. Came back that everything was fine. Then he told me, in so many words, to stop being a bitch and learn to live with it.

I went to a chiropractor and he cracked my back a couple of times. Didn't help. I tried doing chin-ups/pull-ups to strengthens upper back. Made it worse. I tried not lifting. Lost gains but maintained back pain. Cut down to 150lbs. No affect.

If I take lots of NSAIDs everyday it bothers me less. But I'm going to destroy my insides by doing that. Right now I do lots of cardio and try to maintain good posture throughout the day. Helps a little.

I still have no fucking idea what's wrong with me.
>>
Same boat. I also have shoulder pain in both shoulders and sciatica. Comtemplating suicide
>>
>>36579507
I do too but mine is a big fat fucking muscle knot.. maybe get a message or if you're poor get a lacrosse or racket ball and lay down on it and work it out yourself (if it's a muscle knot like i have)
>>
>>36579967
Mine seems to be a knot aswell. Does the spot for you literally bulge out?
>>
>>36579507
Had chronic pain there for 4 years. Lost 150 lb to fix it but that made it worse because I lost weight faster than my muscles could tighten.Hhere's what is helping/fixed me: lower trap stretches and strengthening exercise and avoiding all hyper extending or pulling of it. When it hurts I tighten it and push my shoulder blades back and down, pulling will never make the muscle work better. Also stretching my abdomen helps. The spasms are because it is trying so hard to do what it is supposed to do but got stretched like a piece of gum from me hunching forward and relying on my gut fat to keep my posture. Also four years of college desk slouching.
>>
>>36580172
Yo guy. Are there any exercises I should avoid and are there any I should focus on?
>>
>>36579507
I had the exact same pain in the exact same spot. Went to the doc and had an mri. I had a torn labrum. It was called a slap tear. Had surgery and the pain went away. Food for thought fellas.
>>
>>36580536
There really isn't anything to avoid. I also have some scoliosis and other curves so I have to avoid any severe squats or back loading. Body weight exercises that use your traps are all gonna be fantastic in the long run at the cost of discomfort now. Also I can't express enough how much proper LOWER back posture while sitting helps the upper back. I did ab and lower back strengthening (and severe stretching of the abs, but that was to help my bad posture) and it helped more than anything. No more iPhone back, man.
>>
>>36580172
What kind of trap stretches did you use?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNOMmQARQTQ
do these look alright?
>>
>>36580014
I can't tell, i cant reach behind my back feel.
>>
>>36579507
Release your chest. Your shoulders are probably rounded forward. This puts your whole back and traps out of wack. Cause tightness that won't be fixed by stretching your back.
>>
y-you mean it's a common injury to have, and not just me being stupid?
>>
>>36579507
same. get a numbness in that area and every once in a great while it'll burn pretty bad if I'm hunched over for a long time.
>>
>>36579507
Its your posture. You've got forward shoulders and that's where you're getting stretched out.

I used to have the exact pain in the exact spot. Start stretching your chest/traps and start training your upper back extension. Do front squats and shit
>>
>>36583866
Also train your rear delts. Your bench form is probably fucked too
>>
>>36579507
I've had the exact pain for the last two years. You probably have a desk job or something similar, so your average posture is bad. And then if you try to stand in an upright position, you get muscle soarness. Try to fix your normal posture.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.