[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lifting for 2 years off and on >wondering why I am making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: bed.png (13 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
bed.png
13 KB, 426x364
>lifting for 2 years off and on
>wondering why I am making barely any progress
>stop fucking drinking booze 4 nights a week

>now
>making quick progress

Who else has stopped drinking here?

>inb4 I drink 3 gallons of beer every day
>>
>>36579478
i had the same effect with e cigarettes
>>
>>36579492
nice job mang
>>
>>36579478
i stopped drinking which stopped making me crave shitty food. i started eating healthier and vegetables made me feel like i was high when i started eating them, my body was screaming for nutrition. never looked back.
>>
I've never had alcohol in my life, I've never smoked, or done drugs.

I've made solid gains my first 2 years lifting, because everything was perfect.

After that the gains stopped and now I can't make any gains without gaining tons of fat.

Natty lifting is a joke, your progress is just shit because you're natty, you think it's the drinking, but it most likely isn't, it's just that you think you should look like Zyzz or something, your mind is warped.

The truth is you look like shit because you've been lifting naturally, expecting to get steroid-fake-natty results.
>>
>>36579492
Interesting. Most vape fags say it has zero negative effects
>>
>>36579630
I wasn't talking about looks you insecure projecting retard.

I was merely talking about strength gains. I was barley DL a lmao1pl8 before, and after 2 months I can do a 2pl8.

Project harder you insecure fag.
>>
>>36579607
It's funny how that works eh?

Now eating shit food makes me feel like shit.
>>
>>36579669
yeah ive even stopped having cheat meals because of how horrible i feel for days afterward. makes me wonder how i managed to make it so far feeling like shit all the time
>>
>>36579478
If you want to drink get red wine it helps with blood flow
>>
>>36579492

Hasn't nicotine been proven to be slightly anabolic?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1866x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1866x1400
13 month progress following 2 years on all booze diet.
>>
>>36579798
but all of that

SUGAR
U
G
A
R

no thanks...
>>
>>36579844
nice job man. I need to loose my small booze gut I have going one.
>>
Was drinking every weekend. Had a wild night that made me question myself. Haven't touched alcohol in 2.5 months. There's a ton of empty calories in alcohol anyway. Shits no good for some people.
>>
>>36579478
>stop with alcohol
>suddenly your body can put time into resting its system
Gee, I wonder
>>
>>36579653
they are idiots. it is obviously much safer than smoking but its still bad for you
>>
>>36579883
depression is a bitch bro.

no judgy
>>
>be on a rugby team
>weekly social events
>people that don't drink at these don't get picked for the team

What do
Am I doomed to just get fat as well as stronk
>>
>>36579919
Just drink very moderately, and only 1 night a week.

Assuming you are /fit/ it's not going to hurt.
>>
>drink 4 or 5 days a week
>no gains
._.

Being in a (german) frat is great, but it has its downsides. At least I know how to fence now... (Which is probably also bad for gains incidentally)
>>
>>36579959

Standard amount of consumption is 4.5 pints of beer, which comes to about 800kcal
That okay for making gains without being a fatty fat fat?
>>
>>36580131
not really.....but if you are tall I guess it's kind of okay.
>>
>>36579478

Yeah, stopped for a couple of months and it has made a difference. I really love drinking though. Limiting to once a month now.
>>
Yeah...quitting alcohol was one of the best things I've ever done. I wouldn't judge somebody if they want to, but I don't plan on ever drinking again.
>>
>>36580253

6'0 Manlet, I'll just take the rough with the smooth. Being fat is an advantage in rugby anyway
>>
>>36579919
>people that don't drink at these don't get picked for the team
I like that. Kind of a roundabout way of choosing genetically gifted athletes.
>>
>>36579478
Time to visit the doc for schizophrenia and orthorexia!
>>
>>36579630
This.
>>
>>36580463
why? and why is orthorexia a thing?
>>
only way i meet girls and other people is by drinking

I probably should do it less, for some reason I think getting really drunk helps my confidence, but its more like having a decent buzz
>>
>>36579844
Solid.
>>
>>36580483
Because "eating right" can turn obsessive. Doesn't mean your mom is right when she calls you orthorexic because you count your macros.
>>
Is it my snow nigger genes or something? I drink between 375mL to 750mL of whiskey a night and I'm still making gains and losing fat. Hit the gym 5 to 6 times a week.
>>
is it all genetics in the long run?

I eat well, and lift 4 times a week yet can hardly make gains because i drink too much

Yet I see frat boys drink a shit ton more than me, and look really good. How are they doing this while killing 30 beers a weekend
>>
>>36580520
I would assume genetics plays a part.

Personally, I just can't do it. Drinking 4 nights a week wreaked havoc on my body.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.