[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>join new gym >comes with free personal trainer sessions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1457234845321.jpg (14 KB, 257x253) Image search: [Google]
1457234845321.jpg
14 KB, 257x253
>join new gym
>comes with free personal trainer sessions
>since I honestly have no idea if I'm doing any of this shit right, and it's free, I figure what the hell
>my PT's instagram is full of obnoxious inspirational quotes and meme exercises
>seriously what the fuck is Tabata and why should I give a shit?
What the hell have I gotten myself into? I just know this woman isn't gonna be helpful at all.
>>
>>36578812
What meme exercises?

Those quotes might be strictly an image she's trying to portray "the helpful pt who believes on me".
>>
>>36578812
Tabata is a hiit protocol. It's really interesting and can produce fantastic results. Inspirational quotes are a bad sign, but if they can properly guide people through tabata and know when it's appropriate, you probably have a non shit trainer, at least for general purposes.
>>
>>36578812
Tabata is some cardio shit. It's like bodyweight crossfit. It can be good to train your endurance, but it won't give you any gains.
>>
>>36578812
Tabata, I think, is a crossfit circuit or whatever the hell they call it
I don't think I need to add anything else
>>
>woman PT
lol
>>
>>36578829
So the stuff batman gets jacked on to fight superman?
>>
>>36578826
That's what I figured.

All I want is to know how to lift weights properly without fucking up my back, and without being so goddamn shaky (even on the light weights after a couple of reps).
When I do cardio, I just use the damn treadmill.
>>
>>36578826
>>36578829
Come on man. Don't say shit if you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. People will think you're a woman if you do that
>>
>>36578829
Shut up dumbfuck
>>
Meme exercises or not, I think PTs will make you do what they think you want to do, so if you go into the gym with no idea what you want to do, they're going to give you a bunch of faggot noob exercises.
>>
>>36578812
>woman
Dropped right there.
>>
File: bad--quotes-7.jpg (124 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
bad--quotes-7.jpg
124 KB, 640x447
Tabata is a Hiit/cardio sequence.
20 seconds full throttle 10 seconds rest
You can do it with one exercise (sprint rest sprint rest etc) or a circuit of exercise.
Tabata is not a meme, it's really effective for burning fat and building stamina.
Careful with the inspirationnal shit, though
>>
>>36578836
Don't worry about the shakiness, it will go away after a while. It's just that your stabilisator muscles aren't used to such heavy loads. Do some core exercises from time to time and the shakiness will go away in no time.
>>
I had a free PT session when I joined another gym.
I thought, yeah, I might as well get a form check from someone with the necessary qualifications.
>mfw I'm told that my bench should go 'straight up' instead of in an arc
>mfw my squats are apparently going 'too low'
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.