[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw finally hit lmao1pl8 squat Horrendous form and a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
>tfw finally hit lmao1pl8 squat
Horrendous form and a lot of "good morning" but I did it, this is still low weight so before I move on working towards lmao2pl8 and risking a trip to snap city I want to fix it, any tips ?
>>
yes, film yourself and post form check
>>
>>36578699
ASS TO GRASS
S
S

T
O

G
R
A
S
S
>>
>>36578699
How much of a skele do you have to be to get so weak.
>>
>>36578721
Yes I'm doing ass to grass, been doing that from the start
>>
>>36578735
A skele hidden in a thick layer of fat who recently started working out
>>
>>36578699
Point feet at 10&2 or 11&1
Keep your chest up in order to keep your back aligned. The way I was taught was to imagine you're squatting in the woods to take a dump.
Keep your feet flat at all times and mange sure your hips are the driving force in the movement. You shouldn't be trying to lean forward or using your feet to leverage you up, as that'll lead you to a major fuck up.
Breathe in in the way down, hold at the bottom and exhale on the way up/at the top.
Use safety bars if you are doing a weight that you aren't sure you'll be able to complete your sets on
>>
>>36578754
>Point feet at 10&2 or 11&1
Terrible advice, you'll destroy your knees if you have them at 10 and 2, even 11 and 1 is slightly too much

>Keep your chest up in order to keep your back aligned
another terrible advice, your back will be too bent and put a huge load on your lowerback muscles

not even reading the rest lol
>>
>>36578754
>breathe in the way down; exhale on the way up

This has got to be some cheeky bait lol
>>
File: A_Wizard.jpg (23 KB, 250x506) Image search: [Google]
A_Wizard.jpg
23 KB, 250x506
>>36578777
Then fucking offer up some advice son
>>
>>36578789
i dunno senpai i like to take a huge gulp of air at the top of each rep then hold, squat, exhale repeat.

to each their own
>>
>>36578806
I already did >>36578714

everything else is pointless
>>
>>36578777
What if your natural stance is 11 and 1? Am I fukked up?
>>
Are good mornings really that important for building your squat and deadlift?
>>
>>36578699
London?
>>
>>36578699
Forget every cue you learned from Rippetoe and listen to this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwiddA_8CQ
I went full retard and took my goodmorning squat to 3 plates. Then I realised that my body was so horizontal that I wouldn't even be able to bail the weights back if I ever had to.
The cue that helped me the most was to start the movement by opening at the hips, the rest just came natural. Rippetoes advice on sitting back just fucked me, as well as "hip drive". That just causes the hips to shoot up too early, pushing the knees back so you won't be able to use quads and will be forced to lift with your back.
>>
>>36578929
Ohgod fuck me, I'm doing the shit he is talking about at 8:55. Time to deload and fix myself.
>>
>>36578699

Squats 5x5
Leg Press 5x10(or pyramids from 20kg-body weight+80% of max squat, heavier if you can)
SLDL(5x5, keep the bar in tight to the body. Lower weights give the best results. Do it at the end to stretch your hammies out.)

Enjoy your gains, M8. Yes you still have to DL every 2nd day until you can't physically eat enough to prevent DOMS, it's part of the package.

Feet spacing is whatever is comfortable and stable. Squat down like you're taking a shit(no shoes). Are you stable? Is it easy to push off the ground with your feet without leaning forwards? Keep back tight, I normally lift with a wider grip(all the way to the bump stops) because it feels more natural than in tight. But I can add 20kg by having my arms in close and have it feel easier so whatever.(plus wider lets the bar sit on your traps)

With Platform/oly shoes, my feet are pretty close. With flat soled shoes, my feet are pretty wide. It's easier to move weight with a wide stance, stability can be an issue.(see that knee moving in? tell it to gtfo before you hurt it). I added 20kg in a week by concentrating on keeping the knee out. I find it easier to try to spread your knees apart as you push up, but to each their own.
>>
>>36579226
Why the fuck would you do legpress along 25 reps of squats.
>>
I don't understand this shit, if you want to call yourself a man you should be able to go in the gym and get 225 for 1 at least. (Still fucking horrible but god damn at least it's not one plate.)
>>
>>36578699
Try doing box squats. And front squats. And either get lower, or get your legs wider.
>>
What's the point of doing it if your form is "horrendous"... You'll just end up with an injury...

Focus on proper technique, and not how much you can lift. Once you're experienced you can start focusing on 1RMs.
>>
anyone ever feel a strain along their inner thigh/groin when coming out of the hole on a squat?
know what causes it?
it only happens when I start moving up to higher weight.
>>
>>36581213

Does it feel like a stabbing sensation? If so, try doing stretching or hip mobility stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6HAheRHYQ

Mine went away entirely after doing those and light squats (95 lbs lel)

Otherwise, I dunno.
>>
>>36581275
sort of, if you've ever pulled a muscle, it feels like that. but only on the ascent during squatting. it's also a bit sore for about a day after that as well, but the sharp pain only happens during squatting.
I try to stretch next time though, thanks.
>>
File: IMG4632.png (13 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
IMG4632.png
13 KB, 191x234
>tfw been stuck with lmao2.25 pl8 squat, and lmao2.75 DL for months now

still progressing from now and then with bench and ohp (2 pl8 bench, 1.25 OHP)

what do ;_;
>>
Deload
Stretch hamstrings and calves well before squatting
Concentrate on keeping chest high during the whole rep
Make sure most of the weight is on your heels on the way up
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.