[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/ im a 28yo male who decided to go in an tae kwon do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Taekwondo.jpg (46 KB, 594x420) Image search: [Google]
Taekwondo.jpg
46 KB, 594x420
Hello /fit/ im a 28yo male who decided to go in an tae kwon do club.do any of you have expirience with tae kwon do and what you gernelly think about TKD and fight sport lets do this
>>
>>36578401
you'll become flexible
>>
It's a meme sport and a fake sport.

They charge too much and wear too much padding. The American Tae Kwon Do association is a bunch of scam artists, too.

Do Muay Thai, (and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for some good ground work)
>>
>>36578401
I liked the technique aspect of it. Almost like tai chi.

The fighting is retarded though. No hands, no grappling and only kicks. Made it way less fun and practical.
>>
>>36578401
Good for everything leading up to an actual fight but not the fight itself. Being the Internet and all I can claim on a bi-yearly basis I meet a grand master for a tourney here in the states. Doesn't speak a lick of the Queens English but is extremely chill. I myself don't practice it, just show up cause a friend. Those poor people must not eat though cause when I go into the back room for the judges the guy is guarding the buffet table they setup almost every year since they only need him for the start finish and some fights
>>
>>36578401
I did it 11 Years :D just stopped cause there were no exams for like 3 years... It's a great sport. Keep going anon
>>
>>36578457
And do a lot of HIIT
Seriously, don't know how it's elsewhere but our training consists of ~20mins of warmup and stretching and the rest is basically cardio. Fun though, and it costs me 5€ a month so that's nice too.
>>
>>36578401
Did TKD for 10 years, stopped just short of my 3rd degree black belt, went to the junior olympics for 8 years of the 10.

It's a great sport and tons of fun, great for fitness especially, but the fighting technique is not great. Doing TKD will put you at an advantage over most people merely by being fit, but for actual martial arts technique other options are better.
>>
>>36578401
kicking higher than the waist is a meme
>>
>>36578637
> Almost like tai chi.
wtf... no nigga, just no
>>
I did Karate until 2nd Dan. Always thought the people who did TKD looked cool, but in a fight, kicks to the head (and in most places) are a good way to get yourself knocked on your arse.
>>
>>36578401
as it stands TaeKwonDo is a very limited source of movements in any aspect. i have done Martial arts my whole life,(yes literally ever sense i was 3) i was trained in 7 alternate styles. Hung Ga, and White Lotus being my most proficient styles. i speak from experience when fighting a practitioner of TaeKwonDo. there are two very different ways to be taught TaeKwonDo. one is strictly for show and flashy and stance based. something more reminiscent of a dance. no real practicality, then there is the forms that actually do cover a broad range of things. and that is the style that is very hard to find in the USA. i have fought both and as different as they are i would say a basic dojo or gym that teaches the style for show is just taking your money. its not about competitions at all. and that is all they seek to do. but the other form is still very lacking but it is a good style none the less. i would never personally advocate learning it,, being that there are far better things you could learn, including BakFuPai, jiu jitsu, or KravMaga. reasons i dont list the harder styles for you is if you are only just getting into training as an adult then you have very limited ability to learn the flexibility and reflex needed for much harder more practical styles. hope this helped in some way.
>>
>>36578611
This. taekwando is the pussiest of fighting sports. Muay Thai, Brazilian JJ or MMA are the way to go if you want to learn how to defend yourself.
>>
If you're doing it just for exercise, then it's good.

If you're doing it because you actually want to learn how to fight, then not so much.
>>
File: chewie.png (699 KB, 620x880) Image search: [Google]
chewie.png
699 KB, 620x880
>>36578401
You do know that "Tae Kwon Do" is Korean for "children's sparring aerobics" right?

Go ahead and get your brown belt then tell me otherwise.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.