[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I injured my lower back doing squats a few months back due to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot-2014-02-06-12.35.56.png (350 KB, 627x377) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2014-02-06-12.35.56.png
350 KB, 627x377
I injured my lower back doing squats a few months back due to not bracing hard enough and tightening my glutes. I'm very flexible and can hit ATG easily but with a very severe butt wink. How bad is this with an injured back if I'm bracing properly and rest of my form is near perfect? Is it not considered ATG if your butt winks? Should I just hit parallel and avoid the butt wink altogether? I'm very lost as to how I should approach this issue.
>>
>>36577985
>I'm very flexible and can hit ATG easily
>but with a very severe butt wink
then you are not 'very flexible' you goof
>>
>>36577998

Well even the best squatters in the world have some butt wink, that's why I wondered.
>>
>>36577985
You're not flexible at the hips enough. At your stance width in the OP you should be able to go lower without compromising upper/lower back rigidity
>>
>>36578132

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1f6mk1aVuA&t=1m49s What about this then?
>>
>>36577985
Your knees should be above your toes, not past them
>>
>>36578147
Shut the fuck up, you know nothing.

>>36578145
You also shut up. You fucked your lower back by rounding it during a squat. If you fail a squat due to 'not bracing hard enough' UNDER 3 plates, it's because your form is shit. Stop trying to spell out to us that your form is good, it's not. Candito has a tiny bit of butt wink, but doesn't over-reach his depth and lose tension, which is what you did.
>>
>>36577985
>>36578067

Holy shit you're this dumb and you're wondering how you got injured wtf
>>
>>36578175
ay brudda chill will ya? my question still stands: if i can't squat low without butt wink, should I stop where the butt wink starts and call it there? it's a tiny but under parallel only.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fN3NhZ5Ifc
>>
>>36578212
You should work on hip and ankle flexibility and try and get your squat stance right, hit parallel in a more secure squat position until you become more flexible.
Your stance is frankly a bit wide, but you can't really tell from an unloaded position.

Try and take pictures with one plate in the squat stance in future, pictures without a loaded barbell kinda mean nothing.
>>
>>36578242

Forgot to say: It's not me in the picture. Just googled butt wink. But it's similar to the left image and starts to round if I go deeper than that.
>>
>>36577985
Pic in the OP on the right is not ATG by a long shot, but in your case your back has more than likely gotten weak from the injury.

Strengthen your quads and lower back and stretch hams if needed would be my first go to as it's what I'm doing for a similar problem but higher up in the squat.

Without seeing a vid of you doing squats I can't really say much, but leg extensions and good mornings as support excercises would be a general go-to for what I think is troubling you.
>>
>>36578274
>It's not me in the picture
>I need help with form

... Whatever. When in doubt, it's hip flexibility though.
>>
>>36578067
show me a non powerlifter who squats big who also has a buttwink

protip: you cant

you only might see it in powerlifting because those goofs never ever stretch
>>
Stretch hamstrings and glutes before squatting
Also, the guy in the OP pic is letting his chest lean way too far forward which exacerbates the rounded back. Keep your chest up at all times OP
>>
>>36578147
Wrong you retard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBHc323QwFE
>>
>>36578067
>>36578145
Nigga that video says that butt wink is not an issue IF IT'S NOT CAUSING YOU DISCOMFORT OR INJURIES

If you injured your lower back then gee maybe it could be a fucking issue that you should address before your retarded ass becomes a permanent resident of snap city.
>>
>>36578147
>Your knees should be above your toes, not past them

Grand retard.

The cue is that your knees should travel the same direction as your toes.

They only say knees past toes to dumb it down for beginners but it's not true for everyone.

Knees past toes means you might be shifting the weight on your toes instead on the back and middle of the foot stressing your knee but it isn't true for everyone because we all don't have the same proportions.

Fuck you, you made me respond.
>>
>>36579426
>stretching before training
snab city
>>
File: Ava-Lange-Bikini-In-Malibu-03.jpg (1 MB, 998x1898) Image search: [Google]
Ava-Lange-Bikini-In-Malibu-03.jpg
1 MB, 998x1898
>>36577985

Don't do squats.

I'm not sure why this forum has such a hard dick for squats. Even with perfect form they are hard on the back and the knees.

Do plyometrics. Thats what I do and my legs have never been bigger. I have a box that is 3 feet high. I do a quality explosive jump onto the box using good form and my whole body. I do 50x two times a week. Great workout and I think its better for the body than squats.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.