[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is water to gains? I rarely drink by one of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1453472997920.jpg (169 KB, 1013x805) Image search: [Google]
1453472997920.jpg
169 KB, 1013x805
How important is water to gains? I rarely drink by one of my gym buddies chugs almost a gallon a day. He says you need it to build muscle. Truth or fiction?
>>
>>36577228
Gunna throw out some broscience.
Humans are 80% water
How build more human without water?
>>
very important, chug it bb
>>
>>36577228

Not important. It's a myth
>>
>>36577228
IDK, but it helps with everything like metabolism and your body's ability to move nutrients around.

I started drinking a lot of water to avoids cramps in the gym.

On a cut, I also use it to avoid hunger.
>>
>>36577228
Nigga it's bullshit, just drink diet coke and chocolate milk.
>>
drinking over 2l of water in a day will cause the cell membranes of your muscles to become too think to facilitate the transfer of water between, leading to loss of strength during workouts. Only do this if you want to tone them.
try drinking no water on a workout day, It'll harden the cell membranes to their maximum capacity. If you absolutely need moisture, bring a box of kleenex, wipe your sweat with one, and then eat it, in order to get the electrolytes back into circulation.
>>
>>36577228
Not sure if you need it to build gains but you have 60% more muscle strength if you are properly hydrated I read in a study once. So drink between sets.
>>
>>36577831
Don't listen to this faggot.
He's trying to meme you.
>>
>>36577849
Yeah I can tell. Cell membranes are made of lipids. Water doesn't have shit to do with it. Porosity is rigidly controlled via transporter symporter proteins. Loss of membrane integrity is synonymous with cell death.

Unfortunately it seems everyone here is as split on the question as my friend and I are. I'll probably drink more to be safe I guess.
>>
>>36577861

Water in high amount is toxic. Do not drink more than 1-2 litre a day. I usually just drink coffee.
>>
>>36577902
>I usually drink just coffee
>I usually drink just a diuretic

Just.
>>
>>36577831
Hahah fuck i would love to see some mongoloid eat sweaty tissues in the gym. That would fucking make my day
>>
>>36577954
Tbf coffee is also a beverage containing a quantity of water. It's not always the case that a diuretic drug will cause excretion of more water than the beverage contained.
>>
>>36577902
This. I sometimes go on a water cleanse and only drink mercury for a week to flush out any water toxins.
>>
>>36577831

kek
>>
>>36577228
I need to be fully hydrated before and during a workout, otherwise I get severe headaches. Depends on the person probably.
>>
>>36577780
Drink protein, not water. Leave humanity behind.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.