[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time going to gym.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160327_140213.jpg (1 MB, 3120x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_140213.jpg
1 MB, 3120x3120
So, my girlfriend and I have never worked out before, and we plan on going to the gym together. Not sure if that's a good idea or not but that's not the point. I told her we can only go together if she does a real program (I suggested SS). But I'm scared. What weights do I start with?? How do I not mess up? Should I go with my brother one time to learn the ropes ;_;

I'm extremely scrawny and weak.
Help me /fit/
>>
Look up videos for form on youtube. Start with just the bar. She may need to start even lower than that.
>>
>never been to the gym before
>has a gf

cut my life into pieces senpai

i was benching today and one of the smallest guys in the gym had a gf and was lifting with her
>>
>I suggested SS
>What weights do I start with?? How do I not mess up?

You know, the book answers these questions.

I'm convinced that all the "SS is a troll" trolls are only talking about the weirdo retarded version that people have basically made up out of third hand stories.
It's seriously on every torrent tracker that has books if you're a poor fag. It has a chapter on each of the major movements, and each of those chapters has a section called "Learning to X". It's a few pages long for the basics, followed by dozens of pages with more detail and common problems and fixes.
>>
File: this_is_hard.webm (915 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
this_is_hard.webm
915 KB, 1280x720
>>36576987
>Should I go with my brother one time to learn the ropes ;_;

Why only one time? Have him show you the basics over the course of several weeks, then come back and have the /fit/izens spout autistic stuff about lifting and nutrition at you. Also watch youtube videos like anon suggested.
>>
>>36577018
Sorry I never read the book, I just read some short guide on here or plebbit. I'll check out the book now though.

>>36577007
Eh. I'm not sure how or why girls like me. I think 4chan's problem is lack of potential gfs.
>>
>>36576987
Also practice squatting with no bar. You most likely will have flexibility issues that you need to work on.
>>
Go alone. Maybe try running together?

Lifting is personal. Plus you don't want her whining holding you back.
>>
READ

THE

FUCKING

READ

IT

REEEEEEEE
>>
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>36576987
>what weight do i start with
start with just the bar or the smallest dumbbell
move up in 5kg or if using the machine whatever steps it has till get gets difficult
do your workout
next time warm up at 50-75% of your max from last time(this set does not count)
once you can cleanly do about 7 reps(no flailing around good form etc) move to the next highest weight

also doing a pre warmup set with just the bar minimum weight to practice your form wont hurt and will get you into the habit of not lifting like a tard thats going to cripple himself at some point
>>
>>36576987
Start with the bar, add weight until the movement slows down. Works fairly well.

If you don't have access to a lifting buddy who can help with basic form, watch a lot of YouTube videos. In grain what good form looks like, then record yourself. It takes longer, but sometimes it's the only way.
>>
lol don't do that she's gonna cuck you with a bigger guy from gym
>>
>>36576987
Dude don't bring you're gf
She's gonna get stared at by high test alphas
>>
>>36576987
I would advise you to do some push ups and bodyweight squats for a couple of weeks before you go to the gym with your gf for the first time.

Either that you go to the gym yourself for a couple of weeks before she joins you.

If you go with her for the first time, she'll realize how pathetically weak you are and will see all of the other men in the gym as capable of over powering you and having their way with her (which is frightening AND a turn on for women).

If she's not ugly as fuck, other people may try to help her and exclude you from the help. Or even worse, help you in front of her... Which in a females brain makes you inferior.

Hell. She may actually be stronger than you. Or be able to do more reps. Imagine that?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.