[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never had quinoa but i'm thinking about replacing part of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: quinoa.jpg (55 KB, 608x453) Image search: [Google]
quinoa.jpg
55 KB, 608x453
Never had quinoa but i'm thinking about replacing part of the rice on my diet with it ( higher protein, higher fiber)

Do any of you eat it regularly? How is the taste? Any special way of cooking it?
>>
It's a meme food

Just get your carbs from rice or potatoes
>>
>>36575117
Quinoa tastes like shit.
It's like the crust of bad whole wheat bread crumbled up and soaked in water.

Eat fucking taters if you want carbs.
>>
>>36575139
Nutrition facts look good, can't see what's meme about it.
>>36575159
Is it really that bad?

I'll still eat potatoes, it's more of a rice vs quinoa.
>>
>>36575197
Try couscous instead.
Much tastier, I think.
Not sure about the nutritional value, but it tastes great.
>>
>>36575214
Actually amaranth is almost the same plant as quinoa and has almost identical nutritional value.
Although quinoa doesnt taste that good modt of the time, I like to eat it sweet like a porridge with apple, cinnamon, raisins etc.
I also like to hide it in chili.
>>
>>36575117
I mix it with rice to get a little extra protein. I find it kinda tasty but like rice it's pretty bland. Cook it about half as long as rice or it goes mushy.
>>
>>36575303
>I also like to hide it in chili.
I use bulgur in my chili, but it's a painfully poor substitute for meat
>>
>>36575117
Based quinoa is breddy gud m8
>>
I consider myself pretty liberal with the food I eat, and quinoa is not one of them. I'm not a fan of bulgur, I think it's too slimy, but that might just be how it's cooked. Couscous is pretty good if you don't hammer on the seasoning. But no, do not recommend quinoa unless you're hiding the flavor very well.
>>
I just eat lentils instead. They're much cheaper and have the same/better nutritional value. Even the fucking organic hippy shit lentils are cheaper in a 1 lb bag than like 4 oz of quinoa
>>
>>36575117
get the red stuff

I cook it thusly;

two parts water to one part Qunioa.

bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for fifteen minutes

at about ten minutes add a chopped habenero pepper and a tablespoon of miso.

then stir and let finish .. after its done let it sit for a few minutes to allow more water to evap.

then I slice an avocado in and drizzle on a tablespoon of coconut oil and eat.. tastes great..
>>
>>36575139
quinoa is a complete PROTEIN
>>
>>36575117

I don't eat it regularly (rice-cooking persian master race), but I've made it before and it can be pretty tasty. Just follow the instructions on the packaging/online recipes for cooking it and add whatever you feel like adding. If I remember correctly, I cooked it with olive oil and butter and added chicken stock along with black beans, red onions, parsley, etc. and it was 420dankfoodsmarket (esp with hot sauce).
>>
>>36575550
Fuck off meme "nutrition"
>>
Don't listen to the cucks saying otherwise, quinoa is GOAT and will give you white people points, which are a valuable currency
>>
>>36575514
Lentil soup is pretty good.

But I really like split pea soup.
Super cheap too. And tasty
>>
not a big fan of quinoa but I've read recipes that say cook it in chick stock or throw in a chicken bouillon for flavor, I'd rather have couscous, any rice or a sweet potato instead
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.