[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any exercises to fix your posture that actually fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Are there any exercises to fix your posture that actually fucking work?

I do plenty of lifting. Squats, deadlifts, overhead press, high pulls, rows... Plenty of back and shoulders lifts...

But nothing is fixing my posture. I'll try anything at this point. What has worked for you guys?
>>
what problem do you have?
>>
>>36574352
Forward head, I guess.
>>
>>36574317
anyone have the gif of him humping himself?
>>
Try losing weight.
>>
Front squats
>>
Learn how to stand?

Head over your heart; heart over your pelvis.
>>
>>36574317
Lumbar Lordosis and Forward Head reporting... Kill me...
>>
>>36574317
Mobility work will be better than any exercise you can do op
>>
>>36574376

I had a horrible forward neck posture, caused an ache in my back everyday. These are the exercises that I got from an actual doctor:

Tuck your chin down, but bring your neck back. Depending on how bad your forward neck posture is you might feel this in different places. Mine was pretty bad, so at first I only felt the stretch on the back of my head, but if you do a few sets of holding this for 30 seconds everyday you'll start to feel the stretch further down your neck and into your back.

After a while of doing those, add this: With your head back as far as you can go, neck up, and chin tucked all the way down -- slowly start to look up, while keeping your chin tucked. You want your neck to hinge behind your ears, and keep your chin down. Do a few sets of that and your head will feel like it's floating.

This will help, if you do them consistently over the course of a few months. There are other exercises that will help but these are the ones that gave me the most results. I know they work because I've personally seen real results. I suffered from poor posture for many years, if this is you then it will take time for you body to adjust. It will feel very uncomfortable but eventually these postures that take conscious effort to maintain will become natural.
>>
>>36574317
chin up/pull up/push up
>>
>>36574683
This. This is the only advice you'll need in this thread. Lifting does not fix posture, so what you can do is what this guy says EVERY DAY.
Also, search for neck exercices too
>>
>>36574683
Can you show a picture of this position? I'm not sure how to emulate it
>>
>>36574683

I had pain in my back everyday for years due to my neck posture and I never even realized that was the reason why. All of that time spent in pain and then after a few months of doing these stretches my back is nearly pain-free. I still have to correct myself when I catch my head falling forward, and I notice how the longer I keep my head forward the more I feel the pain in my back.

Seriously, I'm 23 now and I've had pain since I was in highschool. If you have problems with your body don't just assume they will go away or that one day, "when you're better" it will be ok. If you're in pain just go to a doctor and do some pt. That's what being fit is about.
>>
File: neck stretch.jpg (225 KB, 1204x536) Image search: [Google]
neck stretch.jpg
225 KB, 1204x536
>>36574714
>>
>>36575029
mfw no beard
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.