[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, which podcasts do you listen to while lifting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15
File: JRE.jpg (544 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
JRE.jpg
544 KB, 1400x1400
/fit/, which podcasts do you listen to while lifting?
>>
>>36573866
you aren't focusing if you have to listen to anything, weak human
>>
>>36573866
Nightvale
How Did This Get Made
JRE
Hardcore History for mental gains
>>
File: Hello+Internet.003.png (78 KB, 854x854) Image search: [Google]
Hello+Internet.003.png
78 KB, 854x854
I am a Reddit pseudointellectual.
>>
File: BTAS_05152014.jpg (82 KB, 970x544) Image search: [Google]
BTAS_05152014.jpg
82 KB, 970x544
I watch DVDs and Blue Rays.
Been working my way through Futurama.
I'm on the last disc of the whole series and it makes me sad.

But after that I got "Batman: The Animated Series" which is motivational as fuck.
>>
>>36573866
JRE
Norm MacDonald
Adam Corolla
>>
Steve Austin Show, ya meely-mouthed sunnuva bitch
>>
Richard Wolff
Caspian Report
World Affairs Council
>>
>>36573937
Used to watch this as a kid on cartoon network.

I like animated serious shows; is this worth watching again in your 20's?
>>
>>36573866
>still listening to Joe Rogan when he bitched out and didn't call out Amy "downsyndrome," Schumer for stealing jokes
>>
This American life
Tiny desk concerts
Taggart and Torrens
>>
>>36573962
hell yeah, anon, Steve is fucking hilarious.
>>
Mark Bells powercast
>>
File: Featured_Img-672x372.jpg (75 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
Featured_Img-672x372.jpg
75 KB, 672x372
Jocko Podcast is the most motivational thing in the world.
>>
nothing

the shitty EDM top 40 pop blasted through the gym speakers & TV screens gives me motivation to get through my sets and leave ASAP

>works for me

there is nothing like watching the Electric Jew attempt to brainwash you as you DL 4pl8 and laugh
>>
freakonomics or question of the day
On Being
radiolab
common sense with dan carlin
think again
stuff you should know
philosophize this!
embedded
notes to self

i cycle through podcasts, but I find that these are all high quality ones I enjoy
>>
>>36573866
Usually just music. I drive alot for work so I listen to podcraps in the car mostly.

JRE
Fighter and the kid
AM/FM chris liebing
Planet money
TechSnap
Radio Lab
DNBRadio
Real time bill mahr
The opie radio podcast
Ted radio hour
Kill tony
Inside BJJ podcast
Verbal Violence
Security Now
This week in tech

I add some from time to time to try and find something new. Just deleted a bunch that were stale. These are my tops at the moment
>>
I usually listen to something that's not too information heavy. Something vidya related, Giant Bombcast, Best Friendcast.
>>
Biggest problem in the universe
>>
>>36573866
>>
File: Woolieswag.gif (865 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
Woolieswag.gif
865 KB, 200x133
>>36574265
>Best Friendcast

my dreadlocked brother of grenadain descent
>>
File: Batman_Lee.png (181 KB, 250x401) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Lee.png
181 KB, 250x401
>>36573973
in a word yes it still holds up the story's are good, heart of ice,On Leather Wings,Beware the Gray Ghost,Perchance to Dream and Almost Got 'Im being just a few of the stand out episodes and the animation is still pretty good, the soundtrack/orchestral score has yet to be top by any animated show yet [spoiler]maybe even any show period[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1457288226054.jpg (75 KB, 736x546) Image search: [Google]
1457288226054.jpg
75 KB, 736x546
richard feynman lectures on physics
steven pinker audio books
guns germs and steel
star wars the force awakens
science JREs
>>
>>36574447
link for the feynman lectures? I can only ever find it in text.
>>
>>36574018
This right here

>Not listening to a chiseled Navy SEAL extol the merits of discipline while breaking down classical literature

It's like you people don't want to make it
>>
>>36574513
This was my first time hearing of it. Iv just created a list of podcasts Iv yet to try, jacko is now on it. Ill check it out.
>>
>>36574447

You're a faggot
>>
>>36573921
Is Grey a fucking psychopath? Its seems like he just doesn't give a fuck about about anyone, especially when he speaks about his students.
>>
File: cb.jpg (251 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
251 KB, 1024x512
>>36573866
These fuckers
>>
Anyone got any particularly memorable JRE episodes that are good for gym listening?

Wim Hof and Rhonda Patrick immediately come to mind. The recent Mark Sisson and Kyle Kingsbury episodes were good primers for people who are interested in learning more about ketogenic diet. The Nick Curson episode was really fucking interesting too, talking about plyometrics, power/'explosive strength' gains and general non-mainstream strength and conditioning concepts.
>>
>>36574665
I enjoyed both with the bell brothers, but that's just because I love those guys.
>>
>>36574665
Mark and Chris Bell
Tim Ferriss
Jocko Willink
Lance Armstrong
Jeff Novitzky
>>
File: UUdcI3tN.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
UUdcI3tN.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>
>>36574665
>>36574776
Andy Stumpf is another good one. Former navy seal
>>
>>36574665
The one with Victor Conte - basically made loads of designer roids to avoid oly testing.
Dennis McKenna for spirituality gains.
Alex Grey for the same.
Avoid the black science man ones, Joe just makes him answer his stupid questions.
>>
Sleepycast
Mega64
>>
File: stone cold podcast.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
stone cold podcast.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
I only listen to podcasts when I do cardio. Helps me take my mind away from how much cardio sucks

Stone Cold
Radiolab
This American Life
Car Talk
Preston and Steve
Old radio shows like Amos 'n' Andy
Livestreaming sports talk radio from back home
>>
Weekly NPR shit, especially TAL and Planet Money
Comedy Bang Bang
How did this Get Made
Goosebuds
The Bone Zone
The new Serial is good
The Gist
Others I can't think of now
Also audiobooks, I can't stand listening to music now, too repetitive and boring, and I workout 15 hours a week, plus another 8 driving. Got to fill the time somehow.
>>
Monday Morning Podcast
Mysterious Universe
High Society Radio
Waking Up With Sam Harris
No Agenda
Tiger Belly
Freedomain Radio (not an argument)
>>
we should make a tinychat where we can get a JRE and old fitness podcasts
>>
>>36576574
i am aware of the mistakes

discuss it in the tiny (delete this) chat

/powerfulgains
>>
>>36574194
I dig common sense, you should check out Hardcore History. WWI series is quite good.
>>
You made it weird
Nnf
Bill burr

I have almost killed myself from laughing hard during a lift because of comedy BANG BANG more times than I can count tho.
>>
no such thing as a fish
>>
>>36576648

Same

Listening to comedy podcasts while benching is living on the edge
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytS0nShwILA
>>
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

- ALPHA BRAIN
- SHROOMTECH
- KRILL & MCT OIL
- PRIMATE CARE PILLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk [Embed] ←– HIT PLAY

>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE
>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES
FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE
>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"
>"BRENDAN SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

- Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

- Brought to you by SquareSpace©

cue the hempforce mustard
>>
>>36576648
>>36576166

MY WIFE

I was listening to that halloween episode at work one time and the monsterfuck killed our kitchen for the whole day
>>
Harmontown
The Nerdist
Here's the thing with Alec Baldwin
How did this get made?
JRE
>>
JRE
Milo Yiannopoulos Show
The Ben Shapiro Show
Hardcore History
Jam Crack podcast
The Enormocast
Duncan Trussell
Live Life Aggressively with Mike Mahler
Ram Dass/Any yoga podcasts
>>
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

ALPHA BRAIN
SHROOMTECH
KRILL & MCT OIL
PRIMATE CARE PILLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk <---- HIT PLAY NIGGA

>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©

cue the hempforce mustard
>>
>>36573866
I listen to Greg Plitt's motivational videos.
>>
>>36574242
>Kill Tony
>Verbal Violence
Dude I almost ate shit laughing while doing some inclines I learned my lesson kek.
>>
Kevin and Bean Show
Pizza Party Podcast
Bestfriendcast
Weekly Planet Podcast
CU podcast
>>
>>36576733
Stopped listening a few years ago, sounds like nothing has changed
>>
>>36577867
Thank you for tuning in with into the Jobe Rogman Sparagus

Daily reminder to take your Alpha Brain and ShroomTech Immune after your ShroomTech Sport that you would wash down with your hemp protein shake with HempForce Protein Powder and a shitload of kale along with a full clove of garlic which is not like whey and will not light your ass up although taste is funky thats okay because HempForce hemp protein Bars now too can be ordered online with onnit yes thats onnit "oh en en eye tee" which is web site hosted by hover dot com and can even be ordered through your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone which is carried by Ting because the service will not charge you for not using what you pay for because you can make money and not be an asshole but if you meet assholes good thing you were on onnit because your battleropes should be here any minute along with chimp face kettlebells which are not only cannonballs in the mail but have that chimp biting your dick off face for maximumumim functional strength beside the squat maces and rogan vests for maxinal deep tissue rub maps dot com.

Today guest into joey coco diaz we are back byron ragbone cue the mustard
>>
>>36574018
I love the content. Can't stand his voice.
>>
>>36573866
Bill bur and The comedy button
>>
>>36577867
Im kinda getting there desu the ones that dont have comedic guests are gof fucking fucking awful. 2-3 hours and boring af. Dude spends too much time on yahoo news.
>>
the only podcast you need
>>
>>36579880
>gilbert gottfried
>>
The Drunken Peasants
>>
>>36579905
dont knock it til you try it
>>
>>36574018
Watched him on JRE and Tim Ferriss
>>
>>36577074
heem yourself
>>
File: p02h1m05.jpg (21 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
p02h1m05.jpg
21 KB, 336x336
All these hardcore history faggots and no In Our Time? Stop being plebs
>>
JRE, WTF or Comedy Bang Bang, but only if there's a guest I like.
>>
JRE mainly.
The Fighter and the Kid needs to upgrade their mics. I can barely hear them at normal volume

>tfw subbed to mega64 for 8+ years and never watched their "podcast"
>>
The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
In our Time
>>
>>36581053
I remember when WTF was good.
>>
>>36574447
>unironically listening to Jared Diamond
Please don't anon, he's just awful and wrong in about every way.
>>
>>36573979
hes acknowledged it several times
>>
>>36574018
This shit is the truth. Discipline is freedom.
>>
JRE
Ferris
Fighter and the kid
StarTalk
Several of the Stuff series

occasionally Bulletproof radio with Dave asprey as im still trying to figure him out.
>>
>>36581200
It blows my mind how anyone can listen to Brendan Schaub and callen for 90 minutes
>>
>>36581214
I admit that show is very dependent on good guest, but i like them and support them
>>
>>36581200
Ferris is great. The balco guy he had on was a must listen.
>>
JRE
SleepyCast
Mega64

Actually I can't listen to SleepyCast since I bursting into laughter in the middle of a set can be a hindurance
>>
>>36576733
great work if this isn't pasta
>>
>>36576166
I'm surprised that anyone else listens to the bone zone. That podcast can get so good sometimes. I'm surprised it's still going, it feels like no one is listening to it by the way they talk about their audience.
>>
Mental illness happy hour, for them mental health gains.
>>
Are there any good podcasts on finance?
>>
>>36581271
> SleepyCast

My nigga, SleepyCast is the best podcast.
>>
econtalk
radio free skyrim
midnight marinara
no sleep
philosophize this
the partially examined life
data skeptics
>>
The Go Home Show
Norm Macdonald reruns
That's about it desu senpai. Might check out stone colds podcast soon
>>
>>36579880
This podcast is great. Couldn't recommend it enough
>>
>>36576508
>>36576648
>>36578495
> MM podcast
Nice
>>
File: 1362657608244.png (199 KB, 295x307) Image search: [Google]
1362657608244.png
199 KB, 295x307
>>36583001
>radio free skyrim
>>
>>36573937
Oh god just thinking of the batman theme song makes we want to go pick up heavy things
>>
https://youtu.be/C-m0ehT3_mo>36583144

And now I just remembered the Mask of the Phantasm version

FUUUUAAAAARRKKKK
>>
Almost any TRS podcast
Radical Agenda
Radix Podcast
Countercurrents Podcast
Power Through Discipline

>>36583127
One of the best TRS podcasts
>>
>>36581214
GET IT SON! HUUUUHHHH? THAT GUY IS A MOTHETFUCKER!
>>
>>36576667
>being more focused on people talking than your lift

not gonna make it senfam
>>
>>36576508
>No Agenda
ITM!
>>
>>36574018

I love this guy.

more people need to know about his podcast
>>
Mysterious Universe
Brewing Network
Jay and Dan
Harmontown
My Brother My Brother and Me & Adventure Zone
WTF
Around the NFL
>>
>>36574018
>Jocko Podcast

thank you introducing me to this
>>
>>36583834
Joe kept mentioning him, thanks for reminding be, have 5 of his podcast waiting on me
>>
File: KarlPilkington_RoryLewisphoto.jpg (14 KB, 222x235) Image search: [Google]
KarlPilkington_RoryLewisphoto.jpg
14 KB, 222x235
if you like comedy for lifting (i'm always afraid of laughing, so mostly listening while cardio:)

karl pilkington, ricky gervais, stephen merchant

yes, gervais is an unbearable cunt, but start with the XFM shows (2001-2005, all on pirate bay). they are better than the later official podcasts. karl is just something else.
makes my 45 min cardio seem like 20 minutes, which is all i ask for
>>
>>36574656

He cared about his (former) students, he just isn't the starry-eyed optimist that some teachers are.

I think he's a good guy but he can seem a bit blunt sometimes.
>>
>>36574275
Dick, go fuck yourself
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.