[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
run a mile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: unnamed (1).jpg (31 KB, 483x859) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
31 KB, 483x859
How fast can you run a mile /fit/?

I hit a personal best of 7:45 today and feel pretty good. It's not fast by a runners/athletes standards I'm sure, but I've always been fast at short distances and sucked wind at long distances. Since I had knee surgery a year ago, my goal is to not run long distance, but run a mile as fast as I can.
>>
Ages 37 to 41
At the onset of middle age, it is more difficult to retain physical conditioning. Physical strength can be maintained as long as individuals exercise, compete and work out regularly. However, fatty areas on the body increase while reaction times and quickness tend to diminish. A lack of exercise can cause a dramatic fall in the overall conditioning level. An individual in this age group that can run a mile in 6:48 or better is in the top 1 percent of his age group. Runners who can finish a 1-mile run in 9:45 are in the top 50 percent for the age group.

Tell me this is a joke?
>>
no runners on fit brah
>>
5:47

but then again I'm just a skelly /fa/ggot crossposter
>>
I run about 5km but from my calculations it takes me 9 minutes. I'll try and just do a mile when I'm at the gym next and time it.
>>
>>36573425
Because cardio kills gainz
>>
4:59 aiming for 4 mins
>>
>>36573425
>>36573638
this guy is hardly a runner pals, he said he's trying to run as fast as possible, there are plenty of sprinters on fit
>>
5:40 hauling my 140lb skelly ass across the street faster than an Armenian after food in 1915
>>
>>36572595
>Runners who can finish a 1-mile run in 9:45 are in the top 50 percent for the age group

The fact that half of people age 37-41 can run a mile in under 10 minutes is the most surprising part of that entire paragraph.
>>
>>36572546
I ran a 5:40 the other day, I don't really run often, but I'm well conditioned from years of weight lifting, thai, and swimming
>>
>>36573870
the world record is like 3:40 something... gtfo troll.
>>
>>36572546
No thanks, i like my knees
>>
File: gasp.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
gasp.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>36573909
damn nigga
>>
32 years old, ran a relaxed 8 miles this afternoon. Feels good.
>>
>>36573638
Fuck that, Greentext time

>Work schedule changes, start going to gym @ like 9am
>See hot cardio bunny, make eye contact and smile a few times
>After a couple weeks, we start talking more, occasionally texting
>Friday before the weekend I see her and ask her if she wants to go to the beach tomorrow
>She agrees, score.
>Pick her up, head to beach, we swim, tan, play volleyball with some kids near us, usual beach shit
>About 30 mins before we leave she says
>"Anon, you can have me if you can catch me."
>immediately I start after her
>Fucking a year of lifting
>I'm winded as shit in 10 minutes, can't catch this bitch
>She laughs, "Anon, I do triathlons and marathons, don't feel bad"
>Next time she sees me in the gym, i'm on the cardio machine
>She comes over with a grin and says "See you doing Cardio...."
>Tell her I'll be ready for next time
>She just looks at me and says, "Maybe next time we'll make it about who can lift more..."

Fucking week ago, bitch is a tease, but we'll see.
>>
>>36574227
lol... that's a hot story... even if it's fake.
>>
File: 20151229_170432.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20151229_170432.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>36574227
my GF is a former track and field star who rubs it in my face when she beats me. I know your pain.
>>
Personal Best of 5:30 today. To be fair I'm a turbomanlet who does cardio 4 times a week
>>
>>36572546
5min 31sec at 6'1" 185lbs
>>
I can run a mile in 1:32

Hurrrr I'm a horse
>>
>>36574339
race traitor
>>
I don't know, but I'd guess a little under 6 minutes
I used to be much faster
>>
>>36572546
I can run a mile in less than 7 minutes. Probably 6:45, then again I haven't jogged in a few months so it would take me about two weeks to build up to that time.
>>
>>36572546
6:35 though I could probably do faster now. Recently I've been pretty lazy on timing myself, usually something like looking at my clock and then running and looking at it again when I get back
>>
>>36574339
>>36574850
MRW no qt3.14 asian gf
>>
I run a mile in about 11 minutes.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.