[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many miles do you walk/run when you go out for some exercise ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 2014-04-25-Walking_JR_604.jpg (29 KB, 604x313) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-25-Walking_JR_604.jpg
29 KB, 604x313
How many miles do you walk/run when you go out for some exercise ?
>>
>cardio
>>
>>36572481
>cardio
I get fucking tired of lifting and actually enjoy walking and jogging. b..bb.but muh muscles.
>>
>>36572478
how are you not bored as shit walking around for however long? i've tried music, audiobooks, those apps/games (zombierun, ingress) but it's just such a monotonously boring activity.
>>
I use a crosstrainer at my gym because impact fucks with my knees even after all the weight loss.

Usual "distance" ranges between 7 and 8 miles with 12.5k to 13k ft of simulates incline via resistance.
>>
>>36572556
>boring activity
I enjoy being outdoors.
>>
>>36572478
4-5, I like swimming much more though
>>
>>36572478
Lol at wasting calories running to look like a hungry skeleton when you could be using them to build muscle.
>>
>>36572478
4 or 5 through half a foot of snow. Hate the mountains sometimes.
>>
>>36572643
I already have enough muscle mass underneath the fat in my body. If i were skinny i wouldn't be doing cardio. I would just strictly work on weight training to build muscle mass. Plus to top if off, im recovering from a hernia repair.
>>
>>36572596
Must be where I live, just basic BS overdeveloped suburbia. If I want to go "outdoors" it usually involves a 30+ min drive.
>>
>>36572716
what do you usually do ?
>>
there is a 3 km long run park and there are qts jogging but im too autistic and i wont run in my chuck taylors
>>
2-4 miles. sometimes i hit 5 on a good day around my campus and job.
>>
File: gemma arterton running.gif (2 MB, 222x210) Image search: [Google]
gemma arterton running.gif
2 MB, 222x210
Usually 7 miles 3 times a week. I run a 13 miles once a month.
>>
>>36573001
>>36573391
>>36573427
Mah niggas
>>
File: images (5).jpg (42 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
42 KB, 332x443
any hike Bros here?

I recently moved in next to a mountain and I've been hiking everyday since, it's so much more fun than running and it feels way more vigorous, dem calves pain tho
>>
>>36573537
good shit bro
>>
>>36572478
5k. I measured out a strip along the river on google maps.
>>
5miles 3 x week
once a month i do 10 miles

lift 4 x week
I eat a bit so i dont get thin runner body

Nothing more satisfying than being half way though a 10 mile run and crusing past normies without any effort, I get so many death stares from fatties that now I encourage it and it fuels my running, fucking faggots everywhere turning a simple run into a competition, its why I stopped cycling
>>
>>36572478
1 long run per week - 10 to 15 miles
2 interval workouts - 1k repeats, hill repeats or 400/800 repeats usually totaling 3-5 miles
2 easy runs 5-6 miles
>>
File: 1459295709680.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1459295709680.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>36574481
>2 easy runs 5-6 miles
>easy runs
>5-6 miles
how?
>>
1 mile minimum Run/jog/walk daily I go longer depending on the weather and how I'm feeling that day.
>>
>>36574540
Wanna know?
Prioritize running over lifting. I'm skinny as hell.
Also I've been running consistently for about two years now.
Specifically, those easy runs are done at a really slow pace, as in slow enough to have a conversation with someone and not be out of breath
>>
>>36574278
nice. you sound like me.

I fucking hate normies and fat-runners with a fucking passion. nothing is more satisfying than just breezing by some fat bitch in cardio knowing she is slower than me.

my schedule is
>4 miles x2 a week
>lifting x3 a week
>bike x1 a week

I might bump it up to running three times a week however soon
>>
>>36573427
that rearfoot running technique is disgusting
>>
>>36574597
Yeh I was doing the same 4miles x 2 but for the last 6 months ive upped it and havent looked back, after the first 3 months it was like I hit a new power level, dropping a few pounds probably helped a great deal.
Now its like "oh yeh 5 miles after leg day, sweet, il just have an extra banana" and get back home wanting to keep going, but self preservation is always in the back of my mind.
>>
>>36574592
i just started running last week or so, got my barefoot shoes and i'm running about 1.25 miles every day. trying to work myself up to 3 miles without getting tired or losing my breath.
>>
2 miles currently working my way up to 4. I rune three times a week.
>>
1-2 miles warmup before lifting MWF, 3-4 miles on Tuesday, 3-6 miles on Saturday, rest Thursday and Sunday.
>>
>>36574481
I'm trying to build a program for interval training I can work into my lifting
Any tips?
>>
File: CAT2.jpg (117 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
CAT2.jpg
117 KB, 1024x773
>>36574278
>>36574597

>tfw i'm fat and started running again after 3 years of sedentary life
>decide to do couch to 5k
>on week 3, shit's going good
>i could be one of those fatties you pass up that "death stare" at you
>i'm actually just mirin and hoping i can get to that point one day

calm your tits dudettes
>>
amped up my cardio recently, and the increased training has stressed my achilles. anybody have tips for preventing injury?
>>
>>36575249
What's your goal? Why do you want to add intervals?
>>36574771
Stay motivated. The two years it took for me to get good at running would've passed whether I would've ran or not
>>
>>36575356
Good shoes, proper warmups and stretching after
ice if you need it, etc
>>
2 miles, at 13 min. Ship in around a month.
>>
>>36575383
Because as I understand, intervals are very good at increasing energy and overall endurance, and are also great at compressing the time you would spend on LISS by making you expend more energy

I don't even know what kind of goal to be setting for interval training, though. I guess I just want to work up to where I'll start seeing boosts to my lifts.
>>
>>36575333
Sounds like you are the one with the tits.
Keep your eyes to yourself and everything will be OK.
How would you feel if we stared at you? Self conscious?
>>
I started running not too long ago. My conditionimg is abysmal. The longest I've ever run was 4km and that took me about 25 mins. The last time I went this young guy passed me twice going the same direction, lel.

I'm really only doing it for the cardiovascular gains
>>
about 7-10 km on some off days, maybe once or twice a week
>>
>>36572478
5 to 6 km hiking
I live pretty idyllic i walk one house over past the cowbarn across the hills into the woods
>>
God Damn you runners are real cunts.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.