[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /fit/ What do you think about this thing call detox diet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: detoxx.jpg (575 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
detoxx.jpg
575 KB, 2000x2000
So, /fit/

What do you think about this thing call detox diet?

Every now and then i see people boosting their weight-loss with a so called 28-days (or what ever lenght) detox diet. There are several equipments to it, spirulina smoothies, capsels, powders and all that. It seems the idea is to cleanse your inner organs and somehow to speed up the metabloism (??), reduce swolleness and speed up losing weight.

Have you tried these? Does this actually work?
>>
No.
>>
>>36570347
/thread
>>
if you actually took a few minutes to google that shit, you'd find out for yourself. look further than instagram
>>
The whole idea that what you eat can "detoxify" your bodily systems is absurd.

You can stop eating shit food to stop having shit things in your body, sure. But you can't eat specific things to "flush" or "cleanse" your system or "toxins".

The whole idea is a money spinning scam for things like Juice+ and other faddy supplement regimes and any basic reading about the way the body removes waste products will show you that.
>>
It's all bullshit.

For some people who are extremely sensitive to certain e-numbers, it may be benificial to cut these out of their diet to slowely let your body drain these over time. However, it's not possible to speed up such a process, the only thing you could do is keeping yourself hydrated well, though there's no evidence detox works. It's mostly a scam which runs off women's insecurities on instagram.
>>
>>36570333
If you had actually taken some science electives in highschool you wouldn't have needed to ask this. Congradulations you are an idiot. You had every possible advantage and yet you squandered your education. Go read a book or something.
>>
>>36570784
squandered education, huh? It's congratulations, fucking moron.
>>
Detox works, but not because it tones you or removes the toxins or some other momscience bullshit, it's just a retarded form of CICO bound to something that you can approach more easily than counting calories because that's what troubles fatties the most, seeing what they actually have to eat in numbers right in front of them which leads them to counting up to their limit and then going off into the deep end or guesstimatedly eating at maintenance and being happy because they didn't gain weight.
On the exact opposote of this, detox diets or other fad crash diets have a set value that works for every person, which makes them more approachable, regardless if they are fat, thin, tall or short because the caloric value is so low that it doesn't matter, for example only eating 1kg of cherries a day, which will put you at a caloric deficit no matter who you are because it is only 500kcal.
But it is not a sustainable form of diet because delusional fatties are like "I did the cherry detox diet for two weeks and lost a pound every day, that means I can go back to eating 5000kcal a day again, which in turn makes it seem like they don't work because it is not sustainable and fatties shoot back up, often heavier than before.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.