[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dandruff issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
File: scalp gains.jpg (317 KB, 628x363) Image search: [Google]
scalp gains.jpg
317 KB, 628x363
fit, you helped me get /fit/

you helped me get game

you helped me with diet and supplements

now i need your help once more.
How do i get rid of dandruff fit? I've had it far too long

>/fit/, how do i into scalp gains?
>>
>>36570299
Stop using shampoo, only use conditioner every other day. On the days you're not just make sure to wash your hair with warm water well. Rub some safflower oil in that shit once a week and let it sit for an hour. Eat more almonds and get some Vit E and K. If you're using conditioner, get Burt's Bees or something as close as possible to organic. No phthalates, parabens, etc.
>>
>>36570299
Have you tried contracting alopecia?
>>
>>36570351
for some reason, i dont like this idea
>>
>>36570432
It's cool man, I got it when I was four and I save so much money.
>>
File: noexif_b297d130.jpg (468 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
noexif_b297d130.jpg
468 KB, 1920x1080
>>36570299

Okay I struggled with dandruff and here's what was working for me.

Cut shampoo and any other synthetic hair products (conditioner, wax, gel, etc).

Buy some natural apple cider vinegar and make a solution of 1 part acv 4 part warm water. Make about 300 ml of it. Mix it up and wash your hair the following way:

1. Pour some of dat shit on your scalp and massage that bitch. After 2 mins, rinse.

2. Repeat step 1 until your acv solution runs out.

3. Rinse it extra thoroughly to get rid of acv smell.

4. Wash your body with soap to get rid of any acv smell.

It will take weeks for your scalp to get used to this, but don't give up, it will be worth it. If it starts to get too oily, just endure. Or buy a natural bristle hair brush and brush your hair and scalp every evening before going to sleep.

In a few weeks dandruff will be gone and your hair will look fuller, shinier, healthier.

This was my way to hair and scalp gains.

>tfw gf said her beta orbiter is miring my hair and is jelly of it
>>
>>36570587
am i being memed

this sounds too good to be true, but i will give it a go
>>
Heads and shoulders always worked for me
>>
>>36570344

This.
Shampoo is literally the cause of most hair and scalp problems.
>>
>>36570886
>Using sulfate in your hair.......

Bro stop right now.
>>
>>36570886
That worked very well for me too. You might want to give it a try op
>>
Shower everyday and use head and shoulders. I have dandruff problem and the only way to rid of it is to shower everyday and shampoo. Really get in there and massage your scalp. I'm guessing you don't shower everyday, in which case, you should.
>>
Cold showers are the biggest thing you can do to improve dandruff. The warm water people shower in causes proteins in the skin to cook, causing skin to flake off and hair to become weaker
>>
>>36570921
Head and Shoulders is an effective treatment for fungal dandruff. If it's just dry skin, then the dude saying not to use shampoo is correct.
>>
>>36570989
i do shower everyday, id feel gross otherwise
>>
Neutrogena T-Gel worked wonders for me
>>
>>36570299
Cold showers and Nizoral.
Don't use hair products that contain alcohol.
>>
>>36570299
lel the advice in this thread. Have you tried a anti dandruff shampoo?
>>
>>36570299
I had very bad dandruff problems as well a few years ago, but I switched to Dove dandruff shampoo and it works great. Haven't had dandruff in years.
>>
>>36570299
Just use head and shoulders dry scalp formula. I used it just a couple times and I went from looking like it's snowing every time I touched my hair to barely anything in a few days. Its completely gone now, I only use the head and shoulders about once a week just to make sure it doesn't come back
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 384x384
This.
>>
>>36570299
OP DON'T LISTEN TO THESE OTHER FUCKS LISTEN TO ME. BUY THIS SHIT CALLED REGENEPURE DR ON AMAZON> LEAVE THAT SHIT IN FOR 5 MINUTES, WASHING EVERY 3 or 4 DAYS. DO THIS OR HAVE DANDRUFF IDGAF.
>>
File: 31JtN6ewPxL.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
31JtN6ewPxL.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
This stuff is mean for dandruff. It works even for dandruff from scalp psoriasis. Shit is the best and has been known to cause cancer to the state of california. Will burn first time you use it. Strong shit.
>>
>>36574842
>>36574878
>>36571225
>>36571824
op don't use these
>>
>>36574861
This is some good shit if you can afford it.
I only use nizoral because I'm a broke ass bitch atm.
>>
>>36574899
it is the only thing that has worked for me
>>
Head and Shoulders clears it right the fuck up with me.
If I switch out shampoos, I get it sometimes ,but with Head and Shoulders, no flakes
>>
>>36574916
Same.
>>
>>36571136
You'd have to be using some seriously hardcore hit water to "cook" your skin

>>36570989
No. Showering often dries you out. Shampoo dries you out. Dandruff is overly dry scalp. Terrible advice.

Shower whenever you want, just only wash your hair a couple times a week using minimal (hippe style maybe burts bees) shampoo. Itll be greasy at first but it'll adapt. I promise.
>>
>>36571225
This. Most people can't tell or even know that there are different reasons for dandruff
>>
No poo, no deodorant, no toilet paper
>>
Haven't had any dandruff since I started using Prell.

I wash whenever there's visible oil on my fingers after running them through my hair, usually every 2-4 days. And I massage down to the scalp like the /fa/ sticky says.
>>
>>36576579
The only thing /fa/ is good for is haircare advice
>>
head and shoulders dandruff control swag
>>
>>36570587
>>36570861

Results vary. I did the no shampoo thing for a few years. You stop using shampoo/conditioner cold turkey, use only a solution of baking soda and water every day-ish and the ACV rinse maybe twice a week. The first couple of weeks are awful. Greasy, dandruffy hair. Then you acclimate and it's like nothing happened.

But ACV might not be sufficient to curb your dandruff. It wasn't for me. I finally had to go back to some very gentle shampoo + ACV. That worked well when I lived in the Midwest, but the dandruff is back now that I live in dry southern CA. Now I just try to rinse with cold water (hot dries out your scalp) and avoid dark colored shirts, because the dandruff can't stop.

So what the fuck.
>>
ZINC
>>
AND FILTER CHLORINE OUT OF SHOWER WATER
>>
>>36574842
this is actually the best shit, the gold version is good too, I used to have bad dandruff then I started using this shit.

would recommend
>>
>>36576685
>>36570861

Yes, results may vary. If OP has serious dandruff from fungus, he may need to use some medical grade shit first to get rid of that. When I was a kid I used Nizoral and it was working.

I found that acv wash once per week is sufficient to keep away scalp itch and dandruff. I suspect the acidic ph of the scalp is not good for fungus.

Whatever you do OP, don't buy head n shoulders or any other type of synthetic stuff, please.
>>
>>36577338
Also, I found that baking soda is too harsh, too damaging to the hair and leaves it dry. Acv is milder imho desu
>>
File: original.jpg (74 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
74 KB, 800x800
>>36570299
Don't listen to any of these faggots m8

Get some Cedel anti dandruff shampoo. It is the Zinc that actually stops it, and head & shoulders charge a premium and only have 1%. They used to be 2% but they lowered it and removed the % from the front of the label to be assholes.

Get some Cedel. Also works on seborrheic dermatitis. Apply shampoo straight to clean face (no diluting), leave on for 5 minutes then wash off immediately. Do this every day for a week and no more red itchy diseased looking face.
>>
>>36570299
you probably just wash your hair too often. your scalp needs those natural oils
>>
I had pretty bad dandruff, I started using head and shoulders and it got better but there was still quite a bit. I started using Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Shampoo a couple weeks ago and now practically have no dandruff now.
>>
>>36570299
Head and Shoulders every day for a month.
>>
I use Dr.Bronners soap if you can't use that the use generic soap bar
STOP USING CONDITIONER AND SHAMPOO
There's too many chemicals in modern shampoo and it depletes are hair of natural good oils then it fucks are scalp up
I also use T Gel twice a month just a little bit
>>
>head and shoulders
>pert
>prell
>Selsun blue
All of these did nothing and resulted in me getting lice T Gel suffocates anything that's in there I used it for two years straight everyday after the lice incident
>>
>>36579621
FUCKING REGENEPURE IS THE ONLY REAL SHIT
>>
>>36570344
Confirmed. This works... I stopped using shampoo and styling prodcuts and dandruff went away.

Pick an all natural conditioner or just some argon oil.
>>
>>36579621
My dandruff kinda declined when I stopped eating diary and started washing my hair with baby shampoons, also cutting my hair really fucking short helped a lot
>>
dandruff shampoos make my dandruff worse
acne face washes make my acne worse

whats it mean
whats it mean
>>
File: dishsoap.jpg (143 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
dishsoap.jpg
143 KB, 1200x1500
>>36584408
Its the companies trying to draw money out of you you wake up one day with just a little dandruff you go out and buy selsun blue than it makes your scalp worse so you buy more selsun blue
>>
>>36570299
Head and fucking shoulders
lose weight
cut the hair
>>
>>36570299
Coconut oil
>>
>>36579621
Lice? Yeah nigga blame the shampoos for you getting infested with parasites you degenerate
>>
you don't need to nigger shapoo shit to get rid of dandruff
you just have a sensitive scalp, i have the same thing.

almost 90% of shampoos have an ingredient in it that I can't remember what the fucking name of it is. helpful I know

there's a few that DON'T have it and they're usually marketed as "health" "all natural" and they'd probably find a way to label it vegan too. it's that sort of product.

I use this, https://us.richhaircare.com/cat/1727/rich-energising-collection

it doesn't have the ingredient I'm talking about, go talk to a hair care wholesaler or something and they'll know what you're talking about. just mention that most shampoos seem to cause dandruff

or just be a dumb shit and listen to /fit/
>>
>>36586448

fwiw familia that post did make me kek pretty fucking hard.

Hope it was in jest, cuz it laid my sides to rest
>>
>>36585935
I second this. Coconut oil is great for dandruff
>>
>>36577361
ayyyy lmao.

can confirm this stuff works. Nizoral is also good too.
>>
>>36570299
Apple cider vinegar is your best friend. I never had dandruff until I was 22, but after that it was horrible, I mean, my entire head was a gaping wound. I'm 27 now, so I know a thing or two about this. Nizoral and various shampoos helped for a bit, but after a while they stopped being useful. But the good news is, even if you have a serious dandruff problem you can totally get it under controll with ACV.

Here's how. Buy the 5% type. If you have serious itching, open wounds, it'll hurt at first. Don't mind it.Use it 1:1 or 1:2 ratio with water.1dl apple cider vinegar,1-2dl water. It's fine, it won't hurt you. Leave it on for 3-5 minutes then wash it off. Then do it again. It cleans really well,it's just like shampoo, trust me your hair won't be greasy or filthy.

Do this one day. Then 2-3 days later. And so on. After a week, you'll notice your scalp won't hurt anymore, (because it stops the itching,which causes you to scratch your head and create wounds) and your scalp will have healed a lot.
After a week and a half you should notice a dramatic decrease in dandruff. That's when you should dilute the ACV more and wash your hair less, since you're only maintaining the status quo now, you don't need it to be extra strong. a 1:2 1:3 ratio is ideal. Wash your hair with ACV once or twice a week. You won't need it more than that. If you feel like you're relapsing, go back to 1:1, 1:2 or just straight up ACV. Again, this only works with the 5% type.

Also: avoid conditioning, hair oils and ALL kinds of shampoos. But especially conditioners and oils. When grease gets on your scalp you'll get dandruff. Hair oils and conditioning is literal grease. Just don't do it. Almost all shampoos have sodium laureth sulfate, which is an industrial level cleaner (google it if you don't believe me) so avoid them like the plague. Once or twice you may get away with washing your head with them, but only rely them before like major events such as going to a wedding or something.
>>
>>36588259
some more info since apparently I'm an autist. If you have seborrheic dermatitis (that's the official name of dandruff, the serious kind, not just mild flakes) It's a lifelong condition. Sometimes it'll come and go by itself, but ACV helps a lot.
Stress, eating sweets makes it worse. Even weather, like winter. I noticed whenever I'm anxious or buttblasted about college, it definitely has an effect, which I had previously thought was just an old folk tale, but nope, stress really does bring dandruff out. Oh, and it may spread to your face.
Crease of your nose, eyebrows, behind your ears, etc. Personally for me it spread to my nose, so it always looks like a certain spot has sunburned and skin is peeling off. If this happens, don't scratch it.

As for sweets, there are theories that dandruff is caused by a type of fungus. You eat sugar, fungus inside you eat sugar, they cause dandruff, you do the math. So try to avoid sweets (I personally can't, but it'd help a lot) also acidic drinks, lemon juice in tea even, because it makes you internally suseptible to fungus, which will also manifest on your scalp. Really, try to eat healthy. That does help. Oh and avoid unnecessary anti-biotics if you can. When you weaken your internal bacteria in your bowel - you guessed it - fungus flourish and you'll have terrible dandruff.
I guess what I'm trying to say: it's like, you're this big machine and dandruff is only the tip of the iceberg. Just a symptom. The root of the issue is usually in part at least fungus. You can't rid of it, because your body needs them, but try to not let them go out of control, yeah? If you did all I said here, I guarantee you'd be almost completely dandruff free. More or less.
>>
>>36574916

Which version of head and shoulders do you guys use?
>>
For the love of God, don't put ACV on your scalp. This is memery.

Go to a drug store and buy a small bottle of Nizoral and follow the directions.

If your scalp is also dry, buy a bottle of Tea Tree Oil. Mix it in with some olive oil and rub it on your scalp a few hours before you shower. Do this once a week or so. Tea tree oil is super strong so don't put it right on your skin, always mix it with another oil.
>>
File: 1372869529715.jpg (45 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1372869529715.jpg
45 KB, 250x250
if your dandruff is helped by nizoral/hns you are a noobtier in the falling skin skills
>>
>>36588468

thanks m8 I've been dealing with increasing levels of skin problems my whole life, only really treating the symptoms and never the root cause. But what you said actually makes sense, I'll have this shit for life and the only thing I can do really is treat the symptoms. I'll probably try ACV this weekend, assuming the results are good, can I apply the ACV to other parts of my body as well? (I have the crease in the nose that you mentioned). I already stopped using shampoo and conditioners so that part won't be hard.

pls respond
>>
>>36588123
>>36577361
where can I buy this?
>>
>>36570299
Have you tried Head & Shoulders dry scalp or dandruff shampoo? I suffered from extremely bad dandruff from 12 ~ 22. I tried many different shampoos and nothing work. I tried scrubbing my scalp with a brush. I finally decided to try the Dry Scalp shampoo and within a month it was gone.
>>
>>36589165
>can I apply the ACV to other parts of my body as well?
Of course! Though I personally didn't have much success with my nose with it. Probably because I always do it under the shower and unlike my scalp it washes off almost immediately. Though I did watch multiple youtube videos, and a guys there said it helped with their face
You can definitely experiment with it, it's not like it'll hurt you. Just dilute it first a bit. You might also want to type dermatitis and ACV into youtube together and find some related videos explaining it all, but they'll probably just said what I did, though they may know the frequency which with you should applied it.
Oh, and before I forget: ACV makes your hair smell a bit vinegary when it's wet. ie: if you sweat or it rains, you'll definitely notice an apple something smell. If you're dry, it won't smell at all.

Another fact I forgot: personally, for me, very short hair or even shaving my entire head helps with dandruff. Though this isn't mandatory, just telling you for the record. When my dandruff was the absolute worse I just shaved all of my hair off and after a week it was gone. Though I'm not entirely sure this works for everyone.
Currently I have almost shoulder length hair and it's under control.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.