[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to efficiently lose weight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: girl.jpg (56 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
56 KB, 499x499
I've posted in other boards and gotten no good advice. Female, 5'4, 155 pounds. Would like to ideally lose 45 and get down to 110.

I keep going to a calorie load of 1200 for a couple of weeks. Combined with lifting and cardio, running about 20 miles a week. I lose 5 pounds, go crazy, and start eating like shit for several days, gaining all of it back. Recommendations? Also, have a picture of a girl for your trouble.
>>
Quit doing that dumbass and 1200 is ALOT to cut on. Calculate your TDEE subtract 500 that's what you should eat
>>
>>36569555

TDEE is approximately 1900. 1400 isn't really that much more than 1200 - is it adequate? Also, eating back exercise calories?
>>
>>36569522

> I lose 5 pounds, go crazy, and start eating like shit for several days, gaining all of it back.

Well there's your problem right there, you pig. Try not eating like shit for several days on a cut.
>>
warrior diet BIATCH haha
>>
>>36569583
Looks like you didn't account for exercise. I put your stats and guessed ~25 years old as an average, and for moderate exercise like you seem to be doing, your TDEE is something like 2200, which means you should cut on ~1700. Try it for a week and see how you it treats you, but you're probably going too extreme and making yourself far more prone to failure than if you'd done a more reasonable cut.

It isn't a sprint to your goal weight and then you're done. Make it sustainable or prepared to waffle back and forth between short bursts of progress and fucking everything up by binging.
>>
>>
READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU DUMB CUNT
>>
>>36569667
Yeah she described it like it was a symptom instead of the problem

Also london
>>
>>36569522
>I lose 5 pounds, go crazy, and start eating like shit for several days, gaining all of it back.
Don't do this.
Congrats you just learned how to lose weight.
>>
>>36569743
this so much

>be me until 16, fat as fuck
>start exercising, actually become skinny dyel (lost over 45kg, from 101kg to 54.5kg at 5,7)
>Get binge and purge disorder in the process
>Binge for a day straight
>Vomit at night, fast the next day
>Too hungry so binge again
>Rinse and repeat
>Get educated on calories in calories out
>Figure sub 1000kcal a day will do wonders so I'll be able to lose all my fat quickly
>Kek no, get more binging tendencies instead

Still recovering from that shit. Don't do that. Better keep a reasonable deficit and stay away from trouble.
>>
>>36569522
>asking other boards how to lose weight
Two digit IQ
>>
>>36569834
kek

>Hey /mu/ how do I lose weight
>>
>>36569522
It's almost like there's a sticky at the top of the first page that explains how to do this shit.
>>
This girl is pathetic.

Its patently obvious to yourself what your problem is; lose weight then eat it all back like the uncontrollable, undisciplined piglet you are.

You simply wanted to ask others for advice when all you really want is to hear 'don't be too hard on yourself. kudos for trying' when in reality you're seeking validation for your own fucking flaws.

You're fucking fat, you disgusting pig. If you're serious about losing that disgusting fat, then stop eating like a slob and get your shit together.

In other words, YOU have to do the hard work. Don't expect others to give you some mythical simple trick or validation. You are disgusting and you need to do something about your damn fat self.

Cunt.
>>
File: spn717-1125.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spn717-1125.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>36569522
start cutting out all soda out of your diet and walk at least 20 min a day for at least a month. drink fucking water everyday and dont rush this shit, take the time, otherwise u will be demotivated again and start chugging soda like there is no tomorrow (the rest is ur choice but this will be a nice start)
>>
>>36569847
>hey /b/ you know how can I get slim?
>>
Femanon, reporting in.

First thing is first. /Fit/ is deeply misogynistic, and they motivate through self hate.

Training for women is almost exactly the same as training for men.

It sounds like you're off to a good start, you just need to keep going and stay consistent. It takes most guys about 3 years of consistently hard work before they start seeing results. Just get used to exercising and learn to enjoy it. Yoga helps with this.

1200 calories is probably too low. I'd recommend 1800 calories and a heavier work out.

Remember that you can eat anything you want, but eating poorly will set you back.

Just keep going and work hard every day.
>>
>>36569522
don't go crazy. easier said than done.

you're probably cutting too much, check the math both for a good goal weight and for your TDEE.

find strategies to keep you satiated. eat more protein, more vegetables, legumes in particular, more probiotics, use things like intermittent fasting to stay more satiated.

if you need to, self-hate also works, but KEEP ON KEEPING ON. the weight will pass.
>>
>>36569818
>>36569743

Can agree, I started fasting about half a year ago, lost massive amounts of fat (i'm just a skinnyfat who's barely ~75kg, very little muscle) while excercising at home. Eating at a 200-500 cal deficit while fasting was the perfect thing for me, because I wouldn't ever binge only during holidays and sometimes when I'd go out for drinks, but other than that I kept eating at a deficit for at least 90% of the ~6-7 months I've been doing intermittent fasting, and I've gotten amazing results, while also getting some decent noob muscle/strength gains with calisthenics, plan on finally start lifting at the end of summer when I have enough core strength and summer ends.

DON'T GO FOR DRASTIC SHIT, don't starve yourself, don't go on a huge fucking deficit where you're almost at your BMR, that shit will just fuck you up and make you fail. Everytime I fuck up my fasting window or go out drinking I just tell myself that it's not a fucking sprint but a marathon and I know that eating at excess calories once or twice a month is nothing, compared to absolutely fucking up and binge eating. Having steady fat loss feels fucking great and is damn near effortless while doing IF for me.
>>
>>36570036
>walk at least 20 min a day for at least a month.
yeah this is completely useless.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.