[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've brought some food. Tell me what else I should have.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160327_025507.jpg (293 KB, 677x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_025507.jpg
293 KB, 677x1024
So I've brought some food. Tell me what else I should have.

I've got:
Chicken breasts
Eggs
Spinach
Almonds
Sunflower seeds
Lean beef
Greek yoghurt
Tuna
Cod liver oil tablets.
Caffeine tablets.

Subscribed to my gym. Am I ready for the fit life? Also redpill me about protein shakes and powders.
>>
You have to actually excercise to be ready for the fit life. Doesn't matter how much or what you eat if you just sit around all day.
>>
>>36567636
looks good, except spinach is just a meme and nowhere near as good as people hype it up to be. and the caffeine tablets are bull. just get coffee.
>>
>>36567647
Yes I will be starting the gym tomorrow. Is a lean bulk possible? I want to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. So I'm eating just over maintenance and doing plenty of cardio.
>>
>>36567670
Got any more recommendations? Alternatives to these foods which I could use for variety.
>>
>>36567719
don't bulk too hard. just eat like 300 kcals above maintainance and you'll get great results.
>>
>>36567636
If chubby, just cut while lifting. You can make good gains cutting if untrained. I always suggest a cut before a bulk unless skeleton mode.

Protein redpill: protein powder is a supplement to help you hit your protein goals 1g/lb bodyweight. Nothing magical and just taking a scoop does nothing. It simply makes reaching your protein goal easier. Real food is always better.
>>
Foods look good. Eating super clean is somewhat a meme. Counting macros and eating mostly clean is as effective.
>>
>>36567636
Somebody tell me an alternative to tuna
I have some weird psychological problem with smells and textures that makes it impossible for me to eat certain foods
>>
>>36567732
the key to not getting bored with your diet is knowing how to use spices. plain chicken and rice is hell after having it for the 10th time.
if you're not a coffee guy, you can use plain tea. there's nothing wrong with other meats either, so don't be afraid to eat cleancut porkchops or other things. you should definately add some real fishes like salmon or trout. with some spices, fish can be GOAT dishes.
low fat milk is great in protein powders. i have no idea how people can drink whey with just water.
oats, oats, OATS OAAAAAAATTS. stock up, don't even dare to go a day without eating oats.
forget about supplements. 99% of them are scams. the only ones worth the money are protein, fish oil and creatine. you don't need vitamin pills as long as you don't eat only junk food.
>>
>>36567736
Hmm that's what I'll go for thanks.

>>36567771
So if I'm hitting my protein goal with food there's no need right? What are pre work out things? What does it mean and why do I need it.

>>36567784
What could I eat that's not that clean? Like a mcds burger or something?

>>36567788
Try salmon? Or beef.
>>
>>36567732
Any dark leafy green is good. Kale, bok choy, romaine (NOT iceberg) lettuce, arugala, etc.

Cucumbers, carrots, etc make for great snacks. Grab some chickpeas and tahini to make hummus if you can.

Quinoa, lentils, beans, brown/wild rice, etc for meal bases.

Invest in great spices and condiments (like a really, really good mustard). That's the secret to not getting bored with the same ingredients. You find ways to make them new every time you make them without adding calories.
>>
>>36567636
No need to supplement protein. You need around 0.6-0.8g protein per lb of LEAN bodyweight. Many people over do protein like hell.
>>
>>36567807
I use a lot of spices when I cook, I shouldn't bother counting calories of it right? Kinda broke atm but I'll defo get some more variety for meat when I get some cash flow. Why oats can I ask? They're so bland and boring plus all that carbs or am I being memed.
>>
>>36567817
Kale is disgusting desu. Carrots are decent. But I think I'll snack on nuts. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO STOP EATING BREAD? I have like at least 4 a day atm. There's no alternatives.
>>
>>36567812
pre-workout is basically just overpriced caffeine and sugar, plus some weirdo chemicals to make it sound sciency. not worth it. just eat a bowl of oats and some coffee for pre-workout energy.

>>36567839
you don't use enough spices for it to tip your calorie counter in any direction, so don't count them.
and oats are basically a miracle food. it keeps you stuffed and energetic for hours and can be mixed into everything.
when i bulk, i like to blend protein powder and oat flour to make an insane 1000kcal+ protein shake of the gods and tasted ok when mixed with protein powders, honey, fruit or other flavorings.
>>
>>36567788
I should mention I get screwed by salmon as well, unless prepared right
>>
>>36567857
Throw it away.
>>
>>36567883
This all very helpful thanks.
Yeah I've got like an 8kg pack of oats with fruits somewhere. Gonna make some for the week. Yeah I was thinking of making a shake as well, dunno if I can eat this much food according to scoobys meal planner.
>>
>>36567857
Nuts are good too. I just don't recommend them because I personally always eat way too many and end up 500 calories over because of them.

Bread was tough for me too. I just stopped buying it. At first I replaced it with tortillas, then I started looking up recipes that would scratch the same itch a sandwich or wrap would. I still make lettuce wraps, and when I eat with friends I'll get a sandwich or burger, but I found that not buying it was the only solution.
>>
>>36567937
Got a food scale so I'll just weigh how much I need.

Yeah it's very hard, I'll check out the lettuce wrap, hopefully it's helpful.
>>
>>36567982
Btw, don't get discouraged if it takes a while to get used to a diet change. Almost no one can go 0 to /fit/-approved in one day. The important part is being conscious of what you're eating. I know it's cliche but little changes really do add up to long term improvement.

Will you log what you eat? Have you been logging?
>>
>>36568090
Yup is there anything better than my fitness pal? I don't like the interface but I'll log it using that.
>>
>>36567636
>Don't talk to me or my son ever again.
>>
>>36568136
Not that I know of. Mfp has worked fine for me, it knows pretty much everything I eat.
>>
>>36568155
My wife's boyfriend is also joining me on my fit journey.
>>
>>36568194
I'll stick with it then.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.