[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a good idea to finish up every exercise with a low-weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1.gif (472 KB, 498x400) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
472 KB, 498x400
Is it a good idea to finish up every exercise with a low-weight high-rep set?
>>
>>36566508
What's your goal?
>>
>>36566538
Strength
>>
It's called a flush set and it promotes the flow of nutrients into the (exhausted) muscles. Can help with recovery, and will give you a sick pump if that matters to you.
>>
I do that, but mainly for that extra hypertrophy. I train mostly for strength and fun, but having a good body is also not unimportant to me. Though this is just personal opinion I do feel like I'm able to do more in 1 workout by adding like 2 sets after the heavy sets with lower weight and higher reps where I know I'd normally not be able to do more than 1 or 2 reps of my working weight.
>>
>>36566548
Then no, failure is a tool best used for bodybuilders. It will fatigue you and make you recovery less effective if you're training for strength.
>>
>>36566593
Isn't that called a pyramid? With every set you increase weight and lower the amount of reps, and after peaking, you slowly decrease weight and increase reps until you are back to your starting point.
Or am I confusing something here?
>>
>>36566634
I already go to failure on my last work set (Greyskull). So I guess I shouldn't do more than that?
>>
>>36566508
I swear by this method for a sick pump and some serious size gains.

I will usually do this with a machine and isolate late, chest, what have you and really focus on squeezing the ever loving fuck out of that muscle group.

I aim for 14-18 reps, maybe 2 sets likely 1.
Towards he end of the set I will contract at peak tension and try and hold for a 2 count before returning to starting position
>>
boring but big.
>>
>>36566634
Quit trying to meme people, mischievous Pepe.
>>
>>36569160
He's right though.

Lifting light weight is pretty useless for natties, unless you want to work on your speed or form.
>>
>>36566795
on my "extra last set" i do a drop set of bench with 60% of my PR for example, do it until failure, then i go with 50% until failure again, then 30% then i rest and repeat, that gives me a pump that i can't achieve in any other way, it also helped a lot my chest size
>>
>>36566508
You can add a high volume/low weigth component to your strength routine if you know what you are doing. It may help with recovery, imbalances, form and endurance. Positive points if you use dumbbels for upperbody exercises. You never train till failure in strength training but you do AMRAP, these are two different things.

If you want hypertrophy than moderate volume/heavy weigth is the way to go. I don't know how bodybuilding really works, I only know they are more about squeezing and damaging the muscle than just doing high volume stuff. And people who usually do this roids, so stick with heavy weigths as a natty.

If you are a beginner than stfu and stick with your beginner routine till you get decent experience.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.