[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I'm going in tomorrow to get an inguinal hernia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: hernias-300x234.jpg (11 KB, 300x234) Image search: [Google]
hernias-300x234.jpg
11 KB, 300x234
Hey /fit/, I'm going in tomorrow to get an inguinal hernia on my left side repaired with a mesh.

Anyone deal with this before? What's the recovery period like? How long until you really feel comfortable to lift at 100% again?
>>
Guy I use to lift with and work with had one. Doctor told him not to lift for at least 4-6 weeks. He wasn't even allowed to go back to work (physical) for 6 weeks, was on paid leave. The work he did wasn't as intense as lifting, so yeah, IIRC he was out for several months, as he didn't want to fuck it up again.

He is back now, gains all back as well. Think of the long term, don't start lifting again so fast and fuck yourself up again and again, just isn't worth it. You can always start lifting again, muscle memory etc.
>>
>>36566106
Get ready to stop training for a month. Seriously dont go back until youre absolutely sure that its healed. Always use a belt on squats and diddlies from now on, and the mesh will shrink up to the size and flexibility of a credit card after the first year. Meaning itll bother you whenever you strain your lower abs, just dont freak out when it does.
>>
Hey OP

just had the same surgery done last weds.

Ask me anything

Im walking about now but slow
>>
>>36566409
OP u might want to Google alternate methods of surgery too. Like laporoscopic, or even non-mesh surgery.
>>
>>36566106
How did you manage to get your balls up there bro
>>
>>36566445
It took me way too long to get this surgery scheduled as it is, I don't want to wait another few months or I would. What is wrong with standard mesh surgeries?

>>36566409
How is the initial recovery? The first day or two. I have lots of stairs in my house and I'm worried I'll be stranded on one floor.
>>
>>36566585
Google "noinsurance hernia"

ask your doc these qns:

What is my risk of developing chronic pain after mesh hernia surgery?

If I get chronic pain after mesh hernia surgery what is the prognosis?

I didnt know of the alternatives before i went.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.