[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do a noob cut?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Hei /fit/

I have been cutting for 4 days and I feel really tired. I have been eating at a 20% deficit using Scooby's calorie calculator. The problem is that my energy levels are very low and I find it hard to consentrate in class. Coffee helps a little, but not enough so I could do everything I have to do in the day. I also find it hard to fall asleep with the hunger which makes it worse. Will this pass? I don't think this is sustainable for me, but if it will pass I could suck it up for a little while.

Pic semi related
>>
have your first meal at noon

have a big meal with plenty of protein and fat for dinner

vegetables will make you feel full
>>
>>36566011
>>36565998
Good advise. Also give it more time, will be hard the first couplenof week, then it will be easier
>>
>>36566011
Thanks, but I need my energy in the morning because of school so I must have breakfast.

>>36566028
Then I shall stick to it then
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
>>36566109
Breakfast being "the most important meal of the day" is a meme. Drink half a liter of ice water when you wake up to get your organs going and ten have a hearty cup of black coffee.
>>
>>36565998
I have similar problems with hunger at night, IF fixed that, use coffee in the morning and have a larger meal at night. Once you get into the rhythm it will be easier, first two days ate the hardest.

Eat veggies at night, they filling with practically no calories.
>>
>>36567589
>Drink half a liter of ice water when you wake up to get your organs goin
thats a meme too. you dont magically lose water when you sleep, yeah some through sweating and what not but just no.
>>
>>36566109
Try it, you'll be pretty hungry in the morning for a few days but after that the hunger won't start till lunch and your head is much clearer in the morning because your body isn't busy digesting
>>
>>36567815
actually its not kid.
>>
>>36567815
I don't think the idea with this is to replace lost water, that doesn't make sense at all. The idea is that ice water can act like coffee in that it gives you a little energy boost and helps suppress your appetite for a little while.
>>
You hang in there; eventually your body gets used to your new caloric intake, and it becomes a breeze.
>>
>>36565998
Wow i should buy that top for my gril
>>
>>36567815
yeah but you've gone 8 hours without drinking anything so there's a pretty decent chance you need hydration
>>
>>36568962
>you've gone 8 hours without drinking anything

who the fuck sleeps without a glass of water on their bedside table?
>>
>>36569080
I don't wake up halfway through the night to drink, dumbass. I sleep through the night like a normal healthy person and drink when I wake up.
>>
>>36569080
who the fuck sleeps WITH a glass of water near their bed?
>>
>>36569193
I have my bottle within 5 feet of me at ALL times.
>>
>>36569200
I mean I leave my bottle in the bedroom because that's where it ends up but I've maybe needed to take a drink from it in the middle of the night maybe 5 times in my life
>>
>>36565998
WUT? Broo I used scoobys diet and I started it eating half of what it said for me I finally got a kitchen weightier and then tried to eat as much as the diet said at a 25% deficit. Couldnt do it. Now I still use scoobys but I eat at like 10 kilos less of my weight with a 25%deficit, I am on ec stack now so I even eat less than that. Now I eat as low as possible without starving and with high protein
>>
>>36565998
You fell for a meme OP
>>36567589
Breakfast isn't a meme. And if we're talking about memes, 'cutting' and 'bulking' are bigger memes than breakfast and two of the biggest memes to be peddled and horeshitted around the fitness community
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to.html?zx=cb47a3190666b53e
>Thus, having the highest possible relative strength should be your primary concern, rather than the greatest absolute strength. This, of course, flies in the face of the conventional online wisdom that "he who lifts the most wins", as anyone who's not a sloppy fucking mass of adipose tissue would be far more impressed with a stupendous lift by a guy with visable musculature than they would with a Louis Cyr lookalike's world-shattering lift. This is why everyone shits their pants about Stan Efferding, Joe Ladnier, and Matt Kroczaleski when there's a new record broken in the squat by a different circus fat man every 45 minutes. This is also the reason why most of you know who 170 lb Bulgarian Olympic Ivan Stoitsov is, and have seen his pic a thousand times, but have no idea who Tatiana Kashirina is, in spite of the fact that she probably clean and jerks what you deadlift (cont.)
>>
>>36569500
>If you're wondering why no one knows the name of a fat Russian chick who holds the world record in the clean and press and the snatch (a chick who probably outlifts the vast majority of us on just about everything), don't. Fat people aren't really people- they're placeholders where people should be. No one wants to look at them, strong or not, nor be around them long enough to locate their genitalia and fuck. They look like shit, wheeze when they breathe, and are in mortal danger of stroking out when doing anything other than doing a single repetition on one of their pet exercises or eating. This doesn't change much when a fat guy or girl picks up something heavy- we expect them to be able to do so when the object they're lifting is a fraction of their bodyweight, no matter how heavy that object is.(cont)
>>
>>36569511
>Thus, if really doesn't matter that a fat person is all that strong. You might be thinking, however, that you're not necessarily morbidly obese, but just have a "powerful torso" or somesuch. All that means is that you're leaving weight on the table by which you might be able to fuck up the competition. For instance, if you're competing 235 and sitting on something around 20% bodyfat, you're doing yourself a fucking disservice if you're competing at 242 because you're too fucking lazy to diet a bit. That extra bodyfat is doing nothing but holding you back from greatness, as you could ostensibly be crushing shit at 220, or dominating everyone and looking ridiculous (Chinese Olympic weightlifting style) at 198.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.