[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Routines for women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_npw2jyoiDo1qfvouao1_1280.jpg (201 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npw2jyoiDo1qfvouao1_1280.jpg
201 KB, 1280x960
So my gf decided to start hitting the weights with me and asked me to put together an optimal routine for her. Problem is, I've never actually done any real research on the topic (women's routines), so I'm wondering if any of you can recommend me any good and tested routines for her. Keep in mind she already is pretty fookin lean since she's been doing some home excercises for a decend amount of time, so she's not a complete beginner. Any advice shall be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 9781936608645.jpg (44 KB, 372x400) Image search: [Google]
9781936608645.jpg
44 KB, 372x400
>>36565884
I pirated this book and gave it to my gf on her phone. It has 3 routines (beginner gym-based, beginner bodyweight, and intermediate/advanced gym-based) and she did the beginner one a few times before moving on to the advanced one. Made her real strong at squats and turned her ass from a 7/10 to an 8.5/10.

I read through a lot of it and it has some very good advice on nutrition, lifting principles and just about everything you'd need to know. I'd really recommend it m8, I'd even buy it if I had someone to give it to. Not shilling. I don't know if /fit/ has an opinion on bret contreras because he's part of that clique of 'sciencey' trainers who's popular on the internet, but I'm an exercise phys student and I say he knows his stuff.

Everyone on here will say just put her on SS or some bullshit but women don't need as much upper body volume and if they want to look good, should focus a lot on legs and particularly hip dominant exercises. Pretty easy to find on torrent sites man
>>
>>36565959
Also it has plenty of variety and plenty of 'fluff' exercises that women love because they get bored of squats and bench press and want to do the stuff they see on instagram, which makes these programs a lot more appealing to your basic bitch. If she's got some experience, I'd run her on the beginner routine once (12 weeks I think it was) and then there's a page where it says 'if you can do like 6 of these 10 things, you're advanced and can do the advanced program'. If she's not up to it, make her run the beginner program again.

Srs, I made my gf do a modified ICF 5*5 before this and she didn't like it at all but she's stuck with this for a while now.
>>
thanks man, will look into it
>>
File: 1390283510216.png (22 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
1390283510216.png
22 KB, 234x200
>>36565884
Shit, I'm in the same boat. Gf is kinda fit tho, but she hasn't worked out recently (the past year), a thing she tries to remedy now. She mainly wants to focus on lower body as well (some upper is fine tho). I am to come up with a routine for her, so i came up with the following (some are in because she simply likes doing them, like dips):

>deadlift
>squat
>benchpress
>lateral pulldown
>dips
>??

What else, /fit/? Hip thrusts maybe? She most certainly will do some weird machine thingies apart from these (because again, she likes doing them)? Or would this be enough? She will go to the gym twice a week and she would prefer a "simple" routine, i.e. roughly the same stuff every time.
>>
>>36566240

Rows and DB shoulder press. Just divide them up into upper body and lower body days for her.
>>
>>36566254
Yeah i thought about rows and OHP but that would basically make this a pull/push routine. She has done that for a while a year ago, but complained about the focus on the upper body.

Should I just tell her simply to squat/dl more?
>>
>>36566281

I mean tell her to do abs and core work on lower body day, but also make her do hip thrusts. When she goes from squats to a deadlift variant or deadlifts and then does squats she'll be spending a lot of time resting. Donkey kicks are a good thing for that day too.
>>
>>36565884
Read this, have her read this

Besides that though, the only changes I would recommend are: switch split squats for back squats and instead of doing bicep and tricep work have her do barbell hip thrusts
>>
>>36566298
Fuuuck forgot link.
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/workout-routines-for-women/
>>
>tfw gf doesn't want to do squats deads or bench
Sadfeels
>>
File: cute.jpg (22 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
22 KB, 420x300
>>36566342
I just checked out >>36565959 and it's clearly aimed at a women audience (who would've thought, right?) It's great though, but my point is that it migh make your gf realize that squats/hip thrusts/deadlifts are reallly good for her. Just maybe.

Also, thanks for the tip about the book, >>36565959 . Won't show it to my gf because she couldn't be bothered to read any of it, but I shall utilize the knowledge and show it to her in practice. Can't wait to massage her glutes iykwim
>>
File: SS for girls.png (90 KB, 738x489) Image search: [Google]
SS for girls.png
90 KB, 738x489
>>36565884
>>
>>36566827
Not OP but thanks, bro
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.